• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Play smart. Its not important for you to be the best player. You just want to be on the winning team. Play less aggressively and support your team. Let higher level players do the heavy lifting.

Hah.... When the higher level players do worse than you, what happens then? Seems to happen in every game im in. IB and normal crucible

SkylineRKR

Opposite for me. I have two of fatebringer and 1 vision but no vex.

For the supposed rarest weapon in the game, its odd that I got about 7 Mythoclasts in total. My most rewarded Exotic by far. Ofcourse, its a drop that happens at a guaranteed place... but still.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ce chest with ahamkara's spine looks damn good
B5UmeJkCMAAFLd3.jpg:large
skulls for days!

True. But I want hunger of Crota more.

But you really want the sniper ;)

For the supposed rarest weapon in the game, its odd that I got about 7 Mythoclasts in total. My most rewarded Exotic by far. Ofcourse, its a drop that happens at a guaranteed place... but still.

This is what makes me believe that people are prone to certain loot. I didn't get my vex until I cleared hard atheon the 25th time. Always got timebreakers and aspects of glass.

Jinjo

Just did my second CE raid. Man that was so easy compared to last time. Got gauntlets & chest in that run. Only missing the helmet, but I can get to 32 now if I want. Now if only Xur would offer my Saint-14 upgrade...

Raid armor on Titans looks ugly as sin with almost all shaders...

Akai XIII

Anyone willing to help/carry on the bone nightfall or wh?

Need the coins or items as I've only just started... Willing to help on the ps4 version in exchange.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Apparently the Iron Banner drops upgraded versions of the last IB weapons. Just got a Demise and attack values are higher. I'm guessing Timur, Jolder, etc, etc, are drops with upgrades too. And you can reroll it too.

aEj2ULv.png

I got the shotgun on my fifth Crota kill last night. What a disappointment. Is it gonna be like Atheon where I get like twenty shotguns and I never get the some of the guns I want? Looking at you pretorian foil...

So far I got two machine guns a fusion rifle and now the shotgun... I just want the rocket launcher and maybe also the sniper.

I have 50 radiant shards. I need 13 more for level 32.

Lol you're already at 32?? Damn you got lucky with the armor drops

SkylineRKR

I have the Sniper. And already maxed towards the point I have to place Energy. I have enough energy to max it fully, but I don't know if its smart. I think the Machinegun is more useful in the Raid itself. FR too perhaps.

Its a great Sniper, no doubt. But a very low mag and reserve count means it seems to be only useful on 'stationary' targets such as Archon priest, devil walker etc. Templar would be great also, but the Oracles would mean I run out. In the new Raid I don't think there is much use for it (okay Ogres, but Oversoul not)? PvP also.

So far I like the Shotgun maybe more, it just feels so damn great. Shoots like an ID software thing. Replaced FR for me in Crucible.

You want the sniper. You *need* the sniper. So OP.

Personally, I'm just not feeling the sniper. I really want to like it, but that 3 round clip is just balls. I'm just not good enough to consistently get three crits in a row. One out of three almost always misses, and even if I get all three, guaranteed I'll miss one in the next three. That puts it at a max 6 round clip. I think I'd rather a regular sniper with field scout to have a guaranteed 5 or 6 round clip.

This is especially a problem in a 6 man raid where 9 times out of 10 you will have at least one other person shooting at the same target that you are, and sometimes dealing the killing blow right as you're trying to get your third crit in.

I have the Sniper. And already maxed towards the point I have to place Energy. I have enough energy to max it fully, but I don't know if its smart.

Its a great Sniper, no doubt. But a very low mag and reserve count means it seems to be only useful on 'stationary' targets such as Archon priest, devil walker etc. Templar would be great also, but the Oracles would mean I run out. In the new Raid I don't think there is much use for it? PvP also.

So far I like the Shotgun maybe more, it just feels so damn great. Shoots like an ID software thing. Replaced FR for me in Crucible.

It's great for boss fights and taking out Knights in the raid. It also has higher impact/greater stability than IB so it has a much higher dmg potential in PvE

all old stuff including exotics, which blows.

the old raid gear is still incredibly useful though imo.

I have my VOG boots on all 3 characters

Yes but half the shots if you miss only one. And with miss i mean miss a crit. You have to reload while IB fires on.

I got 9-10 shots at atheon without losing any ammo or having to reload. With weapons of light I was doing around 19k damage per shot and I haven't even fully leveled it yet. It's a beast but you have to hit those precision shots

Meneses

Eris quest. I need to do it before Xur leaves, I believe.

Man...it's Brutal. And every missed attempt hurts because you know you have to sit there and wait for him to spawn again. I have the feeling I'll be most of my day at Skywatch lol

Bladedancer super helped bring his shield down. If you want help let me know, PSN: flipmenex

SkylineRKR

Yeah that's why you don't miss lol. The potential is much higher, but ur right, it's much more difficult to use.

I have zero problems with continously hitting Archon priest. So if others don't snipe him, I can stunlock him all day. Solar burn winter's run, yeah that would be a free kill. Sekrion is being warned too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have zero problems with continously hitting Archon priest. So if others don't snipe him, I can stunlock him all day. Solar burn winter's run, yeah that would be a free kill. Sekrion is being warned too.
black hammer is essentially awesome for most (but not every) situation ice breaker was ideal for, but legendary. It's a great excuse to remove ice breaker and get to use another exotic of your choice. at the same time, not OP because of the tiny mag. fantastic gun. i want it.

Alucrid

Banned
I have the Sniper. And already maxed towards the point I have to place Energy. I have enough energy to max it fully, but I don't know if its smart. I think the Machinegun is more useful in the Raid itself. FR too perhaps.

Its a great Sniper, no doubt. But a very low mag and reserve count means it seems to be only useful on 'stationary' targets such as Archon priest, devil walker etc. Templar would be great also, but the Oracles would mean I run out. In the new Raid I don't think there is much use for it (okay Ogres, but Oversoul not)? PvP also.

It's pretty easy to get headshots on knights and ogres, which make up most of the raid. Sure, thralls and acolytes you'll miss, but I never used it on them anyways. It's beastly in pvp as well. One kill bodyshots. Ammo isn't a problem since special ammo crates and enemy drops are everywhere. Same with the raid, special ammo is usually plentiful. There's really no point where you can't get any ammo in the raid like cheesing the oracles.

SkylineRKR

black hammer is essentially awesome for most (but not every situation) ice breaker was ideal for, but legendary. It's a great excuse to remove ice breaker and get to use another exotic of your choice. at the same time, not OP because of the tiny mag. fantastic gun. i want it.

Oh its awesome. I was so happy when I got it Thursday. But expect to focus on crits only. Which is a good challenge ofcourse and might improve your game, and seeing how stable this bad boy is and how fucking hard it hits, there had to be some catch to it not to make it ridiculous. For IB its the slower ROF and low stability (and cooldown after 6), for BH its the penalty for not landing crits.

Apparently the Iron Banner drops upgraded versions of the last IB weapons. Just got a Demise and attack values are higher. I'm guessing Timur, Jolder, etc, etc, are drops with upgrades too. And you can reroll it too.

aEj2ULv.png

We played each other at some point. Invited you so we could play together but i guess tou missed it.

Haha congrats. You were so hype.

Lol sorry about screaming like a little girl. I couldnt hold it. too excited.

You are an amazing sword runner man. Fucking A.
I hope i can be consistent like that eventually.

Alucrid

Banned
Oh its awesome. I was so happy when I got it Thursday. But expect to focus on crits only. Which is a good challenge ofcourse and might improve your game, and seeing how stable this bad boy is and how fucking hard it hits, there had to be some catch to it not to make it ridiculous. For IB its the slower ROF and low stability, for BH its the penalty for not landing crits.

even when i used IB i always focused on crits anyways

Jinjo

Personally, I'm just not feeling the sniper. I really want to like it, but that 3 round clip is just balls. I'm just not good enough to consistently get three crits in a row. One out of three almost always misses, and even if I get all three, guaranteed I'll miss one in the next three. That puts it at a max 6 round clip. I think I'd rather a regular sniper with field scout to have a guaranteed 5 or 6 round clip.

This is especially a problem in a 6 man raid where 9 times out of 10 you will have at least one other person shooting at the same target that you are, and sometimes dealing the killing blow right as you're trying to get your third crit in.

I kind of agree. I have it too and at first I was pretty hyped, but the mag refill has very little utility outside of Archon priest, sepiks and devil walker. On regular targets it is pretty much a no-go, the fact it lacks unflinching makes it really difficult to land all your precision shots against bosses even if you are straight on target. Most of the time you have to retreat anyway or you get the mag refill just the once because you miss a shot in your second mag. The fact it doesn't proc on major hive targets due to the bonus damage hurts its use in the raid really badly too.

Yeah, but that sounds more like P&T where it's pretty good in a specific situation. I want my raid gear to be like Preadyth or Corrective Measure where it's a top tier multi use weapon. PR was the best high rate of fire, low impact sniper. Black Hammer should just be the best high impact low rate of fire sniper, not a quirky Exotic type.

Top Bottom