• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Mindlog

Damn.
Decided to hop into Iron Banner because my Titan is completing Bad Juju.
Forgot how fun Iron Banner is. Will definitely avoid grinding levels, but I will be playing more again. My 300 Thorn still gets it done.

First Blade kill of the day: Husk of the Pit!
First helmet engram: Saint 14!
First Iron Banner match: Ketch me if you Can!

Second helmet engram: Inmost Light :\

I'm never going to get Obsidian Mind. It's the Heart of Praxic Fire of our time.

SkylineRKR

Yeah, but that sounds more like P&T where it's pretty good in a specific situation. I want my raid gear to be like Preadyth or Corrective Measure where it's a top tier multi use weapon. PR was the best high rate of fire, low impact sniper. Black Hammer should just be the best high impact low rate of fire sniper, not a quirky Exotic type.

Its ridiculous how fucking good Praedyth, Corrective, VoC and Fatebringer still are. I love it and I may even understand why there isn't an upgrade for these. A 331 Fatebringer would only make matters worse lol. Only the Hezen seems to be outmatched by Hunger of Crota (but its still extremely good). And perhaps the Foil by the new FR, though the Foil has sick impact still.

My favourite loadout is the VoG stuff. Even though they didn't have an unique design like CE weapons have. Didn't the solo guy mostly use VoG stuff?

Yeah, but that sounds more like P&T where it's pretty good in a specific situation. I want my raid gear to be like Preadyth or Corrective Measure where it's a top tier multi use weapon. PR was the best high rate of fire, low impact sniper. Black Hammer should just be the best high impact low rate of fire sniper, not a quirky Exotic type.

It's an amazing sniper rifle. So far the Crota weapons have sort of been a let down since my expectations were so high after VOG weapons. Black Hammer so far is the only must have raid weapon imo

Its ridiculous how fucking good Praedyth, Corrective, VoC and Fatebringer still are. I love it and I may even understand why there isn't an upgrade for these. A 331 Fatebringer would only make matters worse lol. Only the Hezen seems to be outmatched by Hunger of Crota (but its still extremely good). And perhaps the Foil by the new FR, though the Foil has sick impact still.

My favourite loadout is the VoG stuff. Even though they didn't have an unique design like CE weapons have. Didn't the solo guy mostly use VoG stuff?

You guys really like PR that much? I always felt like the impact was too low on that thing to be useful in PVE

Deku Tree

So I pop a heavy synth during a cut scene and when it ends I have no heavy ammo but I'm still on a 5 min cooldown until I can pop another one... Thanks Bungie!!!

Does completing VOG on hard negate normal VOG rewards?
Completed hard earlier this week and just ran normal with a friend but recieved nothing for my trouble.
Although the random 27 in our group got a Ghorn, so..

Does completing VOG on hard negate normal VOG rewards?
Completed hard earlier this week and just ran normal with a friend but recieved nothing for my trouble.
Although the random 27 in our group got a Ghorn, so..

Yeah. You're supposed to get both normal and hard drops in one go if you do hard first

You guys really like PR that much? I always felt like the impact was too low on that thing to be useful in PVE

It can one shot red bar Hobgobblins very quickly (maybe yellow too, but I'm not positive). That was good enough for me. Even if it takes two shots, it's very quick and stable, so that is't really a problem either.

Edit: Are there any videos of someone effectively getting more than 6 shots per clip on anything other than a stationary boss with Black Hammer? I couldn't even get more than 6 on the Templar before he forced me to move, or he teleported.

Personally, I'm just not feeling the sniper. I really want to like it, but that 3 round clip is just balls. I'm just not good enough to consistently get three crits in a row. One out of three almost always misses, and even if I get all three, guaranteed I'll miss one in the next three. That puts it at a max 6 round clip. I think I'd rather a regular sniper with field scout to have a guaranteed 5 or 6 round clip.

This is especially a problem in a 6 man raid where 9 times out of 10 you will have at least one other person shooting at the same target that you are, and sometimes dealing the killing blow right as you're trying to get your third crit in.

I feel the same way. Most of the time I get 2/3 and it sucks! I kind of regret putting 12 radiant energy on it

Damn.
Decided to hop into Iron Banner because my Titan is completing Bad Juju.
Forgot how fun Iron Banner is. Will definitely avoid grinding levels, but I will be playing more again. My 300 Thorn still gets it done.

First Blade kill of the day: Husk of the Pit!
First helmet engram: Saint 14!
First Iron Banner match: Ketch me if you Can!

Second helmet engram: Inmost Light :

I'm never going to get Obsidian Mind. It's the Heart of Praxic Fire of our time.

I'm jealous of husk and upgraded Saint 14! I need more Motes.

Deathsinger help:

Should we rush her once the Shriekers are down, or thin the Knights out?

go to the left side (crota's left) and kill some of the knights so you have some breathing room. there will be more enemies on the other side and you shouldn't bother with them.

kidko

go to the left side (crota's left) and kill some of the knights so you have some breathing room. there will be more enemies on the other side and you shouldn't bother with them.

a couple IB's or other decent solar snipers should be able to down her while the rest cover you. Call out stuff like enemies coming up behind the snipers

forrest

formerly nacire
Looking for a VoG hard group if anyone has something going on.

Also I just got my titan alt to 25 almost 26 and would love a VoG normal run for him.

Forrest_Crump

Steroyd

I'm not exaggerating when I say there must be a good 20 Knights when we are rushing her....

Yes it's stupid, and one of the reasons why people want to skip it entirely, those knights are too much of a bullet sponge even with the best of gear, there's so many of them and they spawn endlessly.

You need to rush that section because you have a total of 3 minutes 9 seconds to kill her before she wipes everyone iirc.

Doing this on hard mode is going to be a straight up nightmare.

hydruxo

I'm not exaggerating when I say there must be a good 20 Knights when we are rushing her....

For real don't even bother with the Knights. There's too many and your time is limited to get Ir Yut down. Just be aware of your surroundings the best you can and focus all your fire on the Deathsinger.

from reddit

DestinyBadLuck_zps4b1f760c.jpg

Any one else having issues getting psn to connect?

Guys I was arranging to run VoG hard with I will be on ASAP. Gonna try turning everything off and back on again.

hydruxo

I know it's said a million times, but they could at least bring the strange coin count at least up to par with the amount of shards and energy you get.

Yeah it should be 10 at a bare minimum. I've gotten 5 coins before from a Nightfall too, it sucks.

Top Bottom