• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Eris quest. I need to do it before Xur leaves, I believe.

Man...it's Brutal. And every missed attempt hurts because you know you have to sit there and wait for him to spawn again. I have the feeling I'll be most of my day at Skywatch lol

I hear ya. I missed it my first 2 attempts. I was the only one shooting and he escaped with a sliver of health. I finally got him the 3rd time. I had 8 truth rockets and blew him away. Such a time waster.

It can one shot red bar Hobgobblins very quickly (maybe yellow too, but I'm not positive). That was good enough for me. Even if it takes two shots, it's very quick and stable, so that is't really a problem either.

Edit: Are there any videos of someone effectively getting more than 6 shots per clip on anything other than a stationary boss with Black Hammer? I couldn't even get more than 6 on the Templar before he forced me to move, or he teleported.

Black Hammer with Unflinching would be the most broken sniper in the game, 2nd only to GH overall probably. But getting all those crit shots to land under fire is definitely tricky. It's a great option for people with GH, while Hunger RL is decent for people rolling IB exotic.

go to the left side (crota's left) and kill some of the knights so you have some breathing room. there will be more enemies on the other side and you shouldn't bother with them.

Yeah, you can pull a lot of Knights and acolytes down the stairs there to get them away from the entrance when you want to kill the shrieker. Definitely don't want to spend too long thinning out Knights since the phase is timed and one gajillion of them spawn.

Once the glass is broken, you can also jump up onto the tops of the doors in the summoning crystal room and usually get a good shot at the Death Singer.

I used the Khvostov on Crota at the very end of that last run and I'm pretty sure that's why he died.

S9Am5.gif

Black Hammer with Unflinching would be the most broken sniper in the game, 2nd only to GH overall probably. But getting all those crit shots to land under fire is definitely tricky. It's a great option for people with GH, while Hunger RL is decent for people rolling IB exotic.

Ha...Unflinching instead of mulligan would make it raid tier. I hate the rng perks like mulligan and clown cartridge. I'm going to hit reload after three shots no matter what. I'm not going to hope that I may have been graced with a fourth round. It feels like a useless perk and has no right to be on a raid weapon. I still have to give it a go on my Hunter with chain of woe and gunslingers trance.

Wynnebeck

Banned
The grind from 1-20 is enjoyable enough the first time. 20-31 is what takes the most patience but you are in a good position to capitalize on all the new gear. Just make sure you get vanguard to level 2 asap and save your vanguard marks when you can get them.

Ok, I have no idea what those are lol.

Everyone is ready. Just waiting on you to join :)

nvm we started without you sorry :c

No worries. My ps4 won't connect to psn at minute. Apols I couldn't make it guys. Gonna go kick my router a bit till it works.

If anyone else is interested in trying to get fatebringer I will be looking for a VoG hard tomorrow 8/9pm gmt (if my router issues are sorted)

anyone else notice how if you kill a vex goblin with a gutshot, nearby goblins sometimes hide their gut?

I like when the goblins march up to a titan bubble they touch it and hesitate before going through. Of course, when one sees that it's safe to enter, they all come in.

Ok, I have no idea what those are lol.
Vanguard level is your reputation with the Vanguard faction. Preety much everything u do in the game nets you Vanguard rep.
U can buy legendary (33 light) gear once u are level 2.
To buy those you need Vanguard marks.
You get marks by doing nightfall, weekly, public events and Vanguard playlist strikes.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
from reddit

DestinyBadLuck_zps4b1f760c.jpg

5 coins is my most common Nightfall result. I'll take it over the shitty legendary pulse rifles I otherwise get.

Honestly, the Nightfall RNG is the biggest offender in the game. I wouldn't bother if not for the XP bonus.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
one day,

when the tide has slipped from the longshores,
when the wind has passed from the mountain,
when the ruins have greened,
when hope and despair have cycled again through their eternal dance,
when I am grey and the winter of my life has descended,
i'll totally get fatebringer.

Deku Tree

one day,

when the tide has slipped from the longshores,
when the wind has passed from the mountain,
when the ruins have greened,
when hope and despair have cycled again through their eternal dance,
when I am grey and the winter of my life has descended,
i'll totally get fatebringer.

No luck last night? Are you starting a #ForeverNoFatebringet club to run the VoG hard Templar 3x a week?

Deku Tree

could always take a few friends into rumble and shoot each other.

edit: nvm that'd be for thorn. bad juju is the hunter, titan and warlock one? maybe control then.

Yes that's right. I can do it legit. Thanks! Is IB easier for a 31 than playing regular crucible?

El Sloth

Banned
Anyone know where I can find a list or guide or something that shows all possible perks you can get from reforging Iron Banner weapons?

Steroyd

Dayum, I played out of my goddamn mind, team was losing heavily on Twilight Gap and then I got my heavy ammo defended point A like a mad man, and I always knew that a nova bomb on point B were easily multi kills got some on multiple occasions, getting reign of terror and comeback medals was such a rush, I think i accidentally liked playing as warlock in crucible.

What's the best PvP mode to play to get the 10000 pts in crucible for the Bad Juju bounty?

Control, don't bother actually capturing points, just defend one from a distance the point that is best to defend is the one where it's beneficial for the team to spawn at.

Still no Gjallarhorn if that makes it better. It hurts seeing those Wolfpack rounds do their thing and I can only watch and dream. *sigh*
I understand the pain..atleast I have fatebringer and HoPF ;D #forevernoballerhorn and #forevernohawkmoon

Edit: p.s I hate the warlock jump

Dayum, I played out of my goddamn mind, team was losing heavily on Twilight Gap and then I got my heavy ammo defended point A like a mad man, and I always knew that a nova bomb on point B were easily multi kills got some on multiple occasions, getting reign of terror and comeback medals was such a rush, I think i accidentally liked playing as warlock in crucible.

Damn... I hope your back is ok from all that carrying :p

I have fatebringer and HoPF ;D #forevernoballerhorn and #forevernohawkmoon

;~; HoPF and Mythoclast still elude me.... Would love to get the HoPF or Starfire Protocol for my Warlock. THEY ARE SO PRETTY.

I think I have almost all the exotic weapons now. Just need Myth, Hawkmoon, and Fate of all Fools to round things out

Edit: and that one new primary exotic auto rifle.

Top Bottom