• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Deku Tree

i love this little level 5 hood. i got it on launch day and i've never seen another one since.

3gzIa6j.jpg

The legendary hunter cloaks are all generally too long... why can't we have any legendary hunter hoods?

;~; HoPF and Mythoclast still elude me.... Would love to get the HoPF or Starfire Protocol for my Warlock. THEY ARE SO PRETTY.

I think I have almost all the exotic weapons now. Just need Myth, Hawkmoon, and Fate of all Fools to round things out

mgwdqh.jpg

Geez thats alot! Nice collection BTW Is it possible to get Fate of all Fools now? RNGesus gave me HoPF from an Xur engram back when destiny started, sharded it since I only had a Hunter then and somehow got another from a Xur engram as well.

Nodnol

So we made it last the Deathsinger. Was quite simple really once we were all coordinated.

Any tips for the big man? We are grouping down the bottom, trying to time the sword welding making the jump up with Crota kneeling. It's a bit problematic though when he starts moving. What's the best place to set up shop? How many swords does it take to kill him?

Geez thats alot! Nice collection BTW Is it possible to get Fate of all Fools now? RNGesus gave me HoPF from an Xur engram back when destiny started, sharded it since I only had a Hunter then and somehow got another from a Xur engram as well.

You sharded it and got another one?!?!?!?!? YOU MONSTER. Yeah I don't think Fate of All Fools actually drops in the game.

Edit

Should I feel bad to have dropped both Starfire Protocol and Heart of Praxic Fire ?

YES. ;~;

Deku Tree

Bungie gave Fate of All Fools to a guy on Reddit who had health problems I remember. He picked it up at the postmaster. But otherwise no it is not possible to get it in the game.

Bungie gave Fate of All Fools to a guy on Reddit who had health problems I remember. He picked it up at the postmaster. But otherwise no it is not possible to get it in the game.

Odd, I could have sworn they said at some point that it was kind of a preview gift and would be one of the exotics in the DLC.

So we made it last the Deathsinger. Was quite simple really once we were all coordinated.

Any tips for the big man? We are grouping down the bottom, trying to time the sword welding making the jump up with Crota kneeling. It's a bit problematic though when he starts moving. What's the best place to set up shop? How many swords does it take to kill him?

The bottom or left side are what seems popular. For the left side, its easier to keep track of Crota but harder to kill the swordbearer since he is dancing around the middle. Pretty much you want 2 people on knight duty. Snipe the 2 and the sword knight that jumps down afterwords. The rest of the guys help kill the swordbearer. After 2 sword phases, run to the middle room in the bottom, all the way in the back. Snipe the orges that will come after you. If youre all the way in the back, the orges wont shoot at you. Depending on where crota is at, might have to go right. Watch out for the knights and kill the thralls and such. Should take ~5 sword phases to kill him. After the second orges wave, you have only one chance to kill Crota. If you fail, he will enrage. Wait till Crota is back in the middle before you down the swordbearer if he is on the right side. Also you have to kill the swordbearer fast enough. If you dont, Crota will move to the right side most likely.

edit: When I ran the sword, you prob want the sworduser to jump up there when Crota's shield are around ~25%. R1,R1 and R2 is what does the best dmg? By the time the sworduser gets up there, Crota should be down. You want to get two sword attacks on Crota for each sword phase.

can't help but facepalm listening to Eris dump exposition at me left and right.

Show, don't tell. It's writing 101

The DLC was supposed to be Bungie's idea of "better storytelling" :|

My expectations are exceedingly low for the story in Destiny 2.

Edit:

I thought the Hunters got exotic boots... what are the exotic Titan boots?

Mk. 44 Stand Asides are ornate boots designated for Titans (and meant for Strikers). Their main talent, "Be Somewhere Else", increases the duration of Shoulder Charge. Presumably this is the duration while sprinting, not the Shoulder Charge itself. Mk. 44 Stand Asides also provide the valuable "Heavy Weapon Ammo" perk for increased max Heavy ammo and Heavy Ammo per drop.
http://destinydb.com/items/104781337-mk-44-stand-asides

Deku Tree

What happens if you put on blue armor during Iron Banner matchmaking and get matched with low level 20-25 players and then after matchmaking put on level 31 armor while loading into the map?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
You sharded it and got another one?!?!?!?!? YOU MONSTER. Yeah I don't think Fate of All Fools actually drops in the game.

Edit

YES. ;~;

Fate of All Fools has a quest line associated with it. It won't be released until trials of Osiris as you need to do those to fulfill the quests.

FyreWulff

What happens if you put on blue armor during Iron Banner matchmaking and get matched with low level 20-25 players and then after matchmaking put on level 31 armor while loading into the map?

Fairly sure your actual in-game level isn't involved in matchmaking, but rather you have a skill level tracked in the background that's account-wide.

Jinjo

You know what happens. You just wanna know if it's possible lol.

Deku Tree

Fairly sure your actual in-game level isn't involved in matchmaking, but rather you have a skill level tracked in the background that's account-wide.

I never heard of that.

Level advantages are enabled in IB. If I wear blue armor I get matched with lower similar level players. If I wear level 31 armor I get matched with higher level 30-32 level players

You know what happens. You just wanna know if it's possible lol.

Oh it is possible.

FyreWulff

I never heard of that.

Level advantages are enabled in IB. If I wear blue armor I get matched with lower similar level players. If I wear level 31 armor I get matched with higher level 30-32 level players

Oh it is possible.

Could be some extra weighting depending on light level in IB. I regularly get 4s and 12s in regular crucible. And if I bother to check, they're usually obvious alts.

Like, it's possible in IB that it looks for skill level first and then looks for games where people are a similar light level.

EL CUCO

Finally killed that Spongey Hive Urzok, the hated in Skywatch and solo'd the last quest in the moon on level 30.

Got my sucky level 33 light Gauntlets! :D

On a positive note, the Raid chest for my Warlock dropped at the bridge today. Just need Raid gloves for 32!

Deku Tree

Finally killed that Spongey Hive Urzok, the hated in Skywatch and solo'd the last quest in the moon on level 30.

Got my sucky level 33 light Gauntlets! :D

On a positive note, the Raid chest for my Warlock dropped at the bridge today. Just need Raid gloves for 32!

You also need 63 radiant shards.

I have all three pieces of raid armor for warlock and 2/3 for my Hunter (missing chest) and only 50 radiant shards so far. No helmets. :(

Deku Tree

Could be some extra weighting depending on light level in IB. I regularly get 4s and 12s in regular crucible. And if I bother to check, they're usually obvious alts.

Like, it's possible in IB that it looks for skill level first and then looks for games where people are a similar light level.

I have seen no evidence that Destiny matchmaking controls for "skill level" at all in any way.

GhaleonEB

Okay, where's the best place to do the kill five cursed thralls quest step? I've run three missions on the moon, ran into four of them, then backed off a ledge to my death when scoped right before getting the fifth. I forgot how uncommon they were in regular missions.

I've been putting it off all week because it was so obnoxious. :\

anyone know the best way to procure white and green class items? should i buy low gear and delevel to 20, or do i have to make another character?

trying to farm for some new cloaks because it seems like the old ones don't show up anymore.

rNilla

anyone know the best way to procure white and green class items? should i buy low gear and delevel to 20, or do i have to make another character?

trying to farm for some new cloaks because it seems like the old ones don't show up anymore.

What if you buy class items from Rahool?

FyreWulff

Okay, where's the best place to do the kill five cursed thralls quest step? I've run three missions on the moon, ran into four of them, then backed off a ledge to my death when scoped right before getting the fifth. I forgot how uncommon they were in regular missions.

The mission where you kill the Crota crystal. there will be a room with a shrieker and a bunch of them (after the room with all the acolytes and knights, i think). Get them to follow you up the stairs, then go up the stairs even more and they'll back off to the sides one by one, then pick them off.

There's like.. 20 there and 20 more in the next room.

Deku Tree

You can pick up green ones randomly at any level. For white ones try buying from vanguard? Otherwise make another character If you feel strongly about it.

Do it in Earth patrol, towards the old loot cave.

The thrall in the corner of the first dark room is still there, kill him and exploding thralls will spawn

EL CUCO

You also need 63 radiant shards.

I have all three pieces of raid armor for warlock and 2/3 for my Hunter (missing chest) and only 50 radiant shards so far.

Actually I just need 29. My Raid boots and exotic helm are already maxed and I have 13 Rad shards in the vault as we speak :)

You can pick up green ones randomly at any level. For white ones try buying from vanguard? Otherwise make another character If you feel strongly about it.

looks like i'll have to delete my hunter alt then.

was probably going to anyway but this is a pretty lame reason to start, lol

Top Bottom