• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

So close to Guardian Lord. Need three more upgrades on my Warlock and I'm done. Is Iron Banner my best bet for XP? I did the bounties and the daily for today earlier. Those damn skill upgrade circles take a ton of XP. :/

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
The same exact thing happened to me and my buddies. Me and another guy got 4th horsemans and one got strange coins. Damn.

4th horseman is a lot of fun to shoot. No idea where I would use it though. The range is a joke and the reload time takes a month.

Deku Tree

So close to Guardian Lord. Need three more upgrades on my Warlock and I'm done. Is Iron Banner my best bet for XP? I did the bounties and the daily for today earlier. Those damn skill upgrade circles take a ton of XP. :/

I only need to do Flawless to get Guardian lord. Have confidence I can do it but never got around to it yet or always had bad timing with forming a team.

I feel bad for the players who are waiting for salvage to come back to get the platinum.

Okay, where's the best place to do the kill five cursed thralls quest step? I've run three missions on the moon, ran into four of them, then backed off a ledge to my death when scoped right before getting the fifth. I forgot how uncommon they were in regular missions.

I've been putting it off all week because it was so obnoxious. :\

I like the first DLC mission. The one that's not quite a story. Clear all of the Fallen and Acolytes, then wait for the Wizard boss thing to spawn a bunch of thrall and boomer thrall. You have to play tag with them and get one to break away from the group, but it's not too bad. If you don't get them all, go to orbit and start it again. Since they show up early in the mission, even going to orbit and back is't too bad.

Bogeypop

I hated my warlock so I tossed her ass out of my ship while heading to Mars with my Titan and Hunter.

DQ1Vxzc.jpg

Do it. You won't regret it. I deleted my own Warlock for another Titan.

well what i was thinking of doing sometime in the future was making a fresh character and then transferring everything from my main and my alt over to that one. so it'll be a clean slate. i've noticed no benefit of having cryptarch at rank 5 versus 75 and i already have commendations for vanguard and crucible. it'll just take a bit to reach rank 3 with the factions again, but i wont need to buy anything on my brand new character for as long as i have the other two.

i'd do this often in MMOs, but maybe not after only 3 months.

OOO i just remembered i can take screens of the starting area now.

well what i was thinking of doing sometime in the future was making a fresh character and then transferring everything from my main and my alt over to that one. so it'll be a clean slate. i've noticed no benefit of having cryptarch at rank 5 versus 75 and i already have commendations for vanguard and crucible. it'll just take a bit to reach rank 3 with the factions again, but i wont need to buy anything on my brand new character for as long as i have the other two.

It's like many hundreds of thousands of XP to relevel the subclasses. That will be the biggest annoyance.

What purpose would that serve in Destiny? Unless you really enjoy the grind.

It's like many hundreds of thousands of XP to reeve the subclasses. That will be the biggest annoyance.

it'll be something to do. i like playing a hunter so i wont be as bored as i was on the warlock.

i'm looking forward to making a titan though. once i've reached a good place with this new one, i'll delete my first alt to make the titan.

Got Eris to Rank 3 this morning, upgraded my Murmur & then Husk of the Pit to Eidolon Ally. Now I have to get 4000 rep to get to Rank 4 when they only give us 3-4 bounties a day. Come on man, I just want that damn Sunsetting shader.

Level 4 lets you trade Radiant Energies for Shards so that'll be how I get to 32 faster. The shader is cooler, though.

EL CUCO

Last night's Crota run with Boguester and Zewone on Gjallarduty, Tyrant on Tower Knight patrol and yours truly on the Blade. Even though I totally botched that first sword (lolglide), we were able to bounce back strong and bring him down. Video is from Tower Knight patrol perspective.

http://youtu.be/y1UW8EhsK58
I really need to remember to press save clip after a run :/

coy

I only need to do Flawless to get Guardian lord. Have confidence I can do it but never got around to it yet or always had bad timing with forming a team.

I feel bad for the players who are waiting for salvage to come back to get the platinum.
The pain is all too real. Me, Rod and Raindoc setup a team almost a month ago in anticipation for Salvage and the trophy. Still waiting…

Dunk#7

I have a level 31 Hunter. Just need a chest (and tons of radiant shards) to get to 32.

The only drop I missed in Crota's raid is the one in the hallway you have to run for. Got it last week, but we have missed it both times I ran the raid this week. How do you keep it from going to the next checkpoint? Also, does that chest just drop shards/energy or can you get gear/weapons?

I plan to make one of each class (Warlock next) to take advantage of the class differences since each one has different advantages in the bigger battles.

Deku Tree

Last night's Crota run with Boguester and Zewone on Gjallarduty, Tyrant on Tower Knight patrol and yours truly on the Blade. Even though I totally botched that first sword (lolglide), we were able to bounce back strong and bring him down before "Enrage is near" happened. Video is from Tower Knight patrol perspective.

http://youtu.be/y1UW8EhsK58
I really need to remember to press save clip after a run :/

Tower Knight patrollers don't have time to look at Crota much.
I haven't seen that stand on top of the doors strat before.
I guess it prevents the ogre's AI from making them walk into and shoot at the walls and be hard to take down.

Perhaps someone could solve this riddle for me:

I went to Xur, and saw that I could upgrade my Thorn and Super Good Advice. The Thorn it shows as getting a max damage increase when I upgrade it, so I did. But the SGA shows exactly the same stats when I compare - so should I still upgrade it at Xur or not? Am I missing something?

The Thorn dropped before the changes to Exotics, the SGA after - so does that mean exotic guns that drop now, don't need to go through the 'upgrade' process at Xur?

Top Bottom