• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

#ForeverNoVex - Week #3 Sign Ups!!!

Its that time again! We will be running people through the Atheon checkpoint on PS4 as much as possible throughout the weekend for a chance to get a Vex. I am one of the poor souls without a Vex as well...

We have had 2 new Vex owners since starting this so it makes it all worth it!

We will be running it at least 3 times tonight. Currently have 4 of us, so looking for 2 more. Join my Party! Cosmos_Man

EL CUCO

One person on knight duty should be enough. We usually have just one person and they don't always even have to kill the knight. Just distract it. Been working fine for us. Last two runs we got Crota without wiping

If you need more DPS on Crota, then I could see why you would assign one person for Knights. But if you're pumping 2 or 3 horns into Crota as is, there's really no reason you want to run thin on Tower patrol. They can always pop a couple shots at him, regardless.

Xamdou

Anyone else getting random disconnects from the Destiny servers? It's been happening a lot lately And I am sure it isn't my cable connection.

Its that time again! We will be running people through the Atheon checkpoint on PS4 as much as possible throughout the weekend for a chance to get a Vex. I am one of the poor souls without a Vex as well...

We will be running it at least 3 times tonight. Currently have 4 of us, so looking for 2 more. Join my Party! Cosmos_Man

What time are you thinking? I still want to kill Atheon with my Titan for disappointment afterwards.

Edit: are you on now? If so I can hope on for a quick Atheon kill

I am really enjoy the new raid but it truly is an easy one!the only thing it ones down to is good timing otherwise the raid is very simple.

I have a feeling that bungie will change a few things for the hard raid. I think that's why they only released the normal mode first so they could fill the raid with players and truly play test it,find all the problems with it and than patch it out before hard raid drops to truly make it a challenge.

whynotboth.gif

i pop crota's shield and turn around to snipe knights. don't they always spawn after he goes down the second time? easy to keep track of.

Game design, ladies and gentlemen

4xycSla.jpg

I don't understand. Who thought this was a good idea?

coy

I only have 1 character able to get the drop but can help for more until more Vexless chime in. Let me know if room is available.

PSN: coyquettish

whynotboth.gif

i pop crota's shield and turn around to snipe knights. don't they always spawn after he goes down the second time? easy to keep track of.

I always thought they were on a timer. Sometimes if you only get one and take to long a third spans to make it two again. That said, you are the sniper king and may be able to get them faster than others.

We got someone with a shiny new Vex! Lolli got it!

Starting run #2 with an open spot now. Any takers just join my party, Cosmos_Man

Wynnebeck

Banned
Question. Did Bungie really set it up that unless you have a party on PSN, you run all the missions by yourself. Don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but I'm starting to feel a little lonely running these moon missions. That's what I get for being a low level huh?

We got someone with a shiny new Vex! Lolli got it!

Starting run #2 with an open spot now. Any takers just join my party, Cosmos_Man

Any chance you'll be doing runs tomorrow night? I'm visiting my wife's family right now, but I got a few characters I would not mind finished hard mode with lol. I think we're already PSN friends.

Question. Did Bungie really set it up that unless you have a party on PSN, you run all the missions by yourself. Don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but I'm starting to feel a little lonely running these moon missions. That's what I get for being a low level huh?

Definitely a miss by Bungie. This doesn't have the same excuse for lacking matchmaking like the Raid or Nightfall.

Fitts

So I've gotten Gheleon's Demise (scout) and Perun's Fire (fusion) from Iron Banner. They're the two weapons that were being sold the last time the event was up. I have yet to see anyone else get the fusion or some random ship.

Does anyone know if Timur's Lash can be a reward this time around? I'm glad I got the scout, but I really wanted the hand cannon with the updated attack power since I don't like any of the vendor ones and I already purchased B-Line Trauma to fill my scout needs.

One person on knight duty should be enough. We usually have just one person and they don't always even have to kill the knight. Just distract it. Been working fine for us. Last two runs we got Crota without wiping

Yeah, there are tons of other variations that work fine. I left out a million details because it was already crazy long.

Ultimately, it goes both ways: 3 guys on shield break should be plenty. It just depends on the load outs of the team members. If 3 people can't get the shield break, then you need to shift more DPS that way but you also have a DPS execution problem (losing damage for a split second-->shield regen). Also, as Zoba and Cuco said the tower guys can help on the shield, same as shield guys can help on towers when appropriate. Assigning teams is just about clarifying what each person's top priority is.

I've done runs with only 1 guy on tower knights and sometimes it's fine but usually it means I have to be even more careful dodging shit. If the right tower knights are up, you can safely attack from Crota's left side but it's just putting more stuff on the sword runner's plate. The sword runner has to expect he'll get a shield break then be free to do damage for the entire duration. Just adds more risk if the tower knights and/or melee knights are messing with him.

Top Bottom