• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

You're probably in the clear on the old strikes but you've got no one to blame but yourself for the barriers in the new ones. :p

I consider it a form of griefing and have just taken to leaving when people are doing it. They clearly don't want me around anyways. :(

That's the thing, I do want you around!

If I start rushing through a strike, I'd rather you came with. A lot of times people will follow as well. On the flipside, it can be a bit annoying if someone is preventing me from getting through a strike quickly. :p

The problem is, I've done the strikes so many bloody times now I cannot fathom why anyone would want to take their time.

Bogeypop

gonna go find something to snack on before the vanguard train departs.

Not much of a hype train when it never leaves the statio---......
T1eK9N0.jpg

If I start rushing through a strike, I'd rather you came with. A lot of times people will follow as well. On the flipside, it can be a bit annoying if someone is preventing me from getting through a strike quickly. :p

The problem is, I've done the strikes so many bloody times now I cannot fathom why anyone would want to take their time.

shooting random stuff is fun so i sometimes get lost in the act of popping heads with fatebringer. meanwhile, my strike mates are already at the first wave.

Not much of a hype train when it never leaves the statio---......
T1eK9N0.jpg

lol i'm sending invites now

shooting random stuff is fun so i sometimes get lost in the act of popping heads with fatebringer. meanwhile, my strike mates are already at the first wave.

:lol I do enjoy making things explode with my Fatebringer, but not enough to lag behind in a strike.

whynotboth.gif

i pop crota's shield and turn around to snipe knights. don't they always spawn after he goes down the second time? easy to keep track of.

Yeah that's why dedicating two players just for
Knight duty is unnecessary

Yeah, there are tons of other variations that work fine. I left out a million details because it was already crazy long.

Ultimately, it goes both ways: 3 guys on shield break should be plenty. It just depends on the load outs of the team members. If 3 people can't get the shield break, then you need to shift more DPS that way but you also have a DPS execution problem (losing damage for a split second-->shield regen). Also, as Zoba and Cuco said the tower guys can help on the shield, same as shield guys can help on towers when appropriate. Assigning teams is just about clarifying what each person's top priority is.

I've done runs with only 1 guy on tower knights and sometimes it's fine but usually it means I have to be even more careful dodging shit. If the right tower knights are up, you can safely attack from Crota's left side but it's just putting more stuff on the sword runner's plate. The sword runner has to expect he'll get a shield break then be free to do damage for the entire duration. Just adds more risk if the tower knights and/or melee knights are messing with him.

Yeah makes sense. Every team should find their own balance.

mhayze

Time to go glimmer farming. Need to exchange Monte Carlo for the updated one fast.

Ha - I just did that today. Is the spot near the Cosmodrome patrol spawn site just down the stairs (with the 3 level 18 ultras) still the best place for glitter farming?

I tried to do some searches along the lines of "Destiny worth it to upgrade Monte Carlo" but didn't have much luck, so I decided to just pull the trigger and use up a lot of materials + glimmer, since these upgrades are apparently on a schedule, so you snooze you lose, or something.

:lol I do enjoy making things explode with my Fatebringer, but not enough to lag behind in a strike.

unless there's a public event, i'm usually caught up with everybody. i'll shoot the guys around doors and objectives but it doesn't last long enough to get left behind.

unless it's nexus during the large battle. can't resist.

Best part about getting a good system down with your group and being able to kill Crota fast is not having to farm fucking glimmer just to buy stacks of heavy ammo synth before raiding anymore. Well that and being able to work on style points with the soerd..

I'm the opposite. I want to kill everything so that I can get xp and engram drops. I get so annoyed when I get matchmadsewith players that run through the strike

Learning how to speed run strikes and daily missions is a great way to improve your mobility and survival skills with that given class. Personally it's my favorite way to make all that redundancy more enjoyable.

Top Bottom