• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Anybody want to do one last VoG glimmer farm run before Xur leaves? Kinda feel like buying the MIDA upgrade after messing around with the vanilla version today...

Namikaze1

tumblr_lqouxbKtra1qaj5jro2_250.gif
Stone cold. Damn, Todd isn't even here to defend himself.

mhayze

No Land Beyond from sucking at Iron Banner! Woooo! I wanted this shitty gun!

I got that gun as well from just peeking into the Crota's End Raid (just ran to the first chest and then left, since I was just level 28). At first I was pretty excited, then I realized the reload speeds were, well, horrible.

Yes!!!

Just killing Atheon on our last of 3 #ForeverNoVex runs and I'll join you

Cool. I'm just finished a daily then up for whatever. Shouldn't need to farm it more than 25-30 min probably. Edit: anyone can feel free to join for the end of this daily now

I need shards badly...

I actually just meant to go to normal VoG Gate Keepers and farm glimmer, but I have the hard Gorgon CP on another character so you could also jump in there and grab those 2 chests on any characters you have. Some easy shards/energies there.

SgtCobra

This fucking game.
Spend my last hard earned Mote of Lights (hard earned as in 46 in a weekend) and got a hunter helmet (I don't have a Hunter) and a titan helmet I already have. Meanwhile there is a friend of mine who gets a complete armor set from Crota's end raid (he uses one exotic)
Got two legendary engrams today and both were energies. Feels bad man.

Also, Bungie really needs to fix the Fusion Rifles on PvP, they are overpowered. Their range is incredible and the same goes for their impact, they are making PvP even more unbearable to play, they are even worse than what the Shotguns used to be. There haven't been many matches without someone only using a Fusion Rifle and ending the up on top. Weapons like the Plan C (its stats are just ridiculous), Nox Cantor III, Plug One .1 and of course the Murmur need some serious rebalancing for PvP (I probably forgot lots of others). I wish Bungie would buff/nerf weapons specially for PvP as these Fusion Rifles are good enough for PvE.

And the Thorn, what the hell did they do to that weapon?? It's wrecking everything on PvP, they SUROS Regime'd it.

I also like the fact that most of the Legendary Auto Rifles with normal damage suck on PvP. I've tried them all out, at best weapons like "For The People" come close to the Shingen-E but I've seen people (myself included) get better results with a Cydonia AR3, ugh.
/end rant

Feel free to disagree with me but this is how I experience it.

Namikaze1

I'm so pissed that I dismantled the wrong scout rifle the other day. I wanted to dismantle Another NITC but ended up dismantling a fucking good Crypt Dweller. The upgrade perks were so damn perfect.

This fucking game.
Spend my last hard earned Mote of Lights (hard earned as in 46 in a weekend) and got a hunter helmet and a titan helmet I already have. Meanwhile there is a friend of me who gets a complete armor set from Crota's end raid (he uses one exotic)
Got two legendary engrams today and both were energies. Feels bad man.

Also, Bungie really needs to fix the Fusion Rifles on PvP, they are overpowered. Their range is incredible and the same goes for their impact, they are making PvP even more unbearable to play, they are even worse than what the Shotguns used to be. There haven't been many matches without someone only using a Fusion Rifle and ending the up on top. Weapons like the Plan C (its stats are just ridiculous), Nox Cantor III, Plug One .1 and of course the Murmur need some serious rebalancing for PvP (I probably forgot lots of others). I wish Bungie would buff/nerf weapons specially for PvP as these Fusion Rifles are good enough for PvE.

And the Thorn, what the hell did they do to that weapon?? It's wrecking everything on PvP, they SUROS Regime'd it.

I also like the fact that most of the Legendary Auto Rifles with normal damage suck on PvP. I've tried them all out, at best weapons like "For The People" come close to the Shingen-E but I've seen people (myself included) get better results with a Cydonia AR3, ugh.
/end rant

Feel free to disagree with me but this is how I experience it.

I haven't played around with too many of the Legendary AR's but I found For The People to be pretty good after focusing on stability. However, I did main Atheon's Epilogue for like 2 months in PvP, so after getting good with that, For The People's impact and RoF stats make it beastly.

This fucking game.
Spend my last hard earned Mote of Lights (hard earned as in 46 in a weekend) and got a hunter helmet (I don't have a Hunter) and a titan helmet I already have. Meanwhile there is a friend of mine who gets a complete armor set from Crota's end raid (he uses one exotic)
Got two legendary engrams today and both were energies. Feels bad man

Reasons like this is why I'm thinking that the RNG system is not entirely random but individualized based off of play time. I have a friend of mine who only logs on to play the weekly stuff and ALWAYS gets the good drops. To include a full CE set in one run. I'm 4 kills on Crota (gotta get the first two loot drops on my alt) and have gotten shards, energy, gauntets and the fusion rifle. Most of my exotics are either bounties or bought from Xur.

GhaleonEB

Game design, ladies and gentlemen

4xycSla.jpg

I don't understand. Who thought this was a good idea?

There's been a trend in the non-DLC strikes I play lately. High level jackasses sprint or bike past every non-mandatory encounter. On Venus they'll just motor past everything leaving me stuck fighting solo, while they do the larger fights way ahead of me. On several occasions they die in the darkness zones, and that causes a wipe even though I haven't died. The game then resets us all to that checkpoint, pulling me ahead and past all the encounters I wanted to complete.

Those barriers stop the bastards in their tracks. I love'em and I wish the other strikes had more of them.

adin75

1 person got the Vex on our 3rd week of #ForeverNoVex, that's 1 new Vex owner every week so far!

33 Hard Atheon clears and no Vex for me :(

33? That's harsh mate. I was lucky enough to score one and a Fatebringer in a hard run yesterday on maybe my 5th hard raid.

Hope you get one soon, you have more than earned it :)

There's been a trend in the non-DLC strikes I play lately. High level jackasses sprint or bike past every non-mandatory encounter. On Venus they'll just motor past everything leaving me stuck fighting solo, while they do the larger fights way ahead of me. On several occasions they die in the darkness zones, and that causes a wipe even though I haven't died. The game then resets us all to that checkpoint, pulling me ahead and past all the encounters I wanted to complete.

Those barriers stop the bastards in their tracks. I love'em and I wish the other strikes had more of them.

pls no

let me be a bastard

Frostburn

Anyone doing VOG or Crota's End? Level 31 Warlock looking for a group, my little cousin has a 30 Warlock that would like to tag along as well. He has been through VoG but not CE. Anyone need some extra players or want to join us? I'd rather check here than Destiny LFG.

I've noticed this too. In some cases it's understandable (Skywatch area in Omnigul strike, spawn zones at start of strike) and a great strategy for Weeklies/Nightfalls/time saving when you're playing with a fire team that is in agreement.

But in matchmaking, it's just shitty as people may need to kill adds for ammo or aren't aware they can just blow through to where they're suddenly left fending for themselves.

Also screw those who ditch out purposefully in the middle of a strike. Had to deal with the Undying solo for the most part because people couldn't handle major/heroic precursor minotaurs.

GhaleonEB

pls no

let me be a bastard

You're probably in the clear on the old strikes but you've got no one to blame but yourself for the barriers in the new ones. :p

I consider it a form of griefing and have just taken to leaving when people are doing it. They clearly don't want me around anyways. :(

that's a valid point but i think there are better ways to go about it. there are two of these walls and they stop grenades and other heavy projectiles. meanwhile there are a ridiculous amount of explosives everywhere and enemy is shooting you through it.

rNilla

I am this person. I sprint to the end and then wonder like a snob what's taking my random team so long. I guess it's a dick thing to do but when I'm playing a Level 26 Strike as a Level 31 for the 50th time I don't want to slowly wander through it like it's my first time.

Then again, I'm usually paired with AFKers and lately I just wait to see if they're going to play and if not just mess with them until they leave or contribute.

gdt

Holy hell. Roc strikes have treated me very well tonight. Got that exotic, Don't touch me, for the people, against all odds, lead scouts cloak. Damn. 2 or 3 legendary engrams as well. This feels way better than Tiger strikes. Some of those rewards are from Rahool of course.

If you can figure out how to get the Cloak of Perception, a blue item, PLEASE let me know.

i vaulted a blue class engram i got on my main and decrypted it on my new alt and it gave me a level 10 frumious cloak, so i think that's one way to do it.

if you want low level class items, save the class engrams and decrypt them on a lower character

Top Bottom