• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

hypernima

Banned
Hah, hope it turned into something good.

Your best bet is to run through Vault of Glass if you haven't already. Otherwise, do a daily, a single patrol, and perhaps grind marks to buy legendary armor that you can shard.

Don't try to get them from a daily public event after the first one, since it's random and you're just spending your time waiting for them to appear. It's unfortunate, but it's Bungie's way of slowing down progress.

(This is a game that really requires you to have 3 characters if you want to keep up with the extreme end of the curve, sadly)

:\
I've never even done VoG

Anybody want to be a 6th for a quick run through the first two CE loot drops and chests?

well, no VoC yet but there's fusion rifle (which i'll probably never use) .

Had you already done Hard Atheon? As far as I know VoC can drop there but maybe I'm wrong, we went ahead and busted him out (eventually) with my slightly n00bish friend and his super-n00bish friend, ha.

No Fatebringer, game never wants me to have it. Someone else got it

At least it was someone else who really wanted it. I would have felt bad if I got my 4th one.... If we can find that CP I' down to run Templar anytime on your alt(s).

Goddammit, I haven't been able to play for days. Finally get some time now and I am having internet connection errors signing into PSN. I think it may even be on my end...

i think the way the vault of glass loot drops work is you're more likely to get a drop of something you already have than a brand new one.

factor in the people in your group who have the item you want and your chances go down significantly.

data is only anecdotal but that's what i've observed so far.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
God Crota is worse at dropping loot than Atheon ever was

Warlock - Swordbreaker + 2 Radiant Shards
Titan - 2 Radiant Energies
Hunter - 3 Radiant Shards

Really?

I most of the time am the swordbearer, while I see people getting weapons left and right, the 2nd week has been a super bust from me

I thought Bungie said "Fun" items will come to those who haven't gotten anything in awhile
So far I have 1 piece of armor per char to show for
Still have to run Titan up to 2nd chest, hopefully drops come my way...

well, no VoC yet but there's fusion rifle (which i'll probably never use)

9OWAZvj.jpg

i really love this cloak.

I got All non hard mode weapons on normal mode pretty early on (VoC, CM, HV) so you might wanna do normal first and then hard if you have the time

Ok, connecting again for now.

GAF, I need your help. I have been sitting on Crota cp all week and I am finally able to play again. My old team has long since moved on. Anyone running Crota right now? If not, I can start a signup for a run. Need 5 peeps. Please help me take down this bastard. I need my first kill.

HOLY shit that was a close call. Killed Crota literally right after the oversoul came up. Props to PikaPuff for running the sword and thanks for everyone who helped even after having run it for this week :D

Appreciate it!

kidko

If i'm at crucible marks cap and then do a match of the daily playlist, will it still give me the +5? I'm like 3 marks away from the item I need but at 99/100 for my limit :((((

answer: no

sigh

HOLY shit that was a close call. Killed Crota literally right after the oversoul came up. Props to PikaPuff for running the sword and thanks for everyone who helped even after having run it for this week :D

Appreciate it!
Thanks for the invite~~~ I remember seeing a video where they killed Crota while he was summoning oversoul before. I remembered "hey he just stands there and doesn't shoot at me I'm going for it" and just swung wildly Luckily you all were shooting wildly too :D

Finally reached 20 with my Warlock, promptly became a level 25 'Lock. Now that I have all three classes past the soft cap I'm going to ask the question I have seen many ask and not a soul answer in the past few days, (it's probably been answered above me as I decided to scroll down the page) what is the fastest way to 30 now?
I suppose grinding Vanguard is the most likely answer.

Ok, connecting again for now.

GAF, I need your help. I have been sitting on Crota cp all week and I am finally able to play again. My old team has long since moved on. Anyone running Crota right now? If not, I can start a signup for a run. Need 5 peeps. Please help me take down this bastard. I need my first kill.

I can help

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the most efficient way to farm machine gun kills for the Super Good Advice exotic bounty?

And how is SGA, anyway?
Yeah, wake the hive.
The SGA is apparently much more viable after the buff, but using an exotic slot on it seems like a waste unless you don't have anything else useful.

Finally reached 20 with my Warlock, promptly became a level 25 'Lock. Now that I have all three classes past the soft cap I'm going to ask the question I have seen many ask and not a soul answer in the past few days, (it's probably been answered above me as I decided to scroll down the page) what is the fastest way to 30 now?
I suppose grinding Vanguard is the most likely answer.
Yeah, grind marks and buy the armor to get to 31. Ideally though, you get to 26/28 and do the Vault of Glass to get free armor pieces, since that would be "faster" depending on how lucky you are. Either way, you need the ascendant materials anyway, which is the real bottleneck.

Nori Chan

Lol crota dropped Hunger Of Crota, The Raid Ship, 3 radiant shards, and plan c. This is after I got the boots and gauntlets for my alt warlock lol. I main a hunter too and also have a Titan.

well, no VoC yet but there's fusion rifle (which i'll probably never use)

9OWAZvj.jpg

i really love this cloak.
That fusion rifle is God tier. Warhead rounds make it that if one hits, all of them do.

Mars sucks so much. Barely any geometry and those long ass hallways in between.

For an open world game this game is really lacking in world.

i like patrols on earth and the moon the most. i think it's mainly nostalgia though. a certain track from the OST will play while i run through a building or i'll hop around a public space and a bunch of players will appear just as an event starts. for a brief moment, i'll remember patrolling them during the alpha and beta where the same thing happened and lose myself in the memory.

i actually have some fond memories of my first time on venus too, specifically ishtar cliffs and the very first public space in the shattered coast. since we'd already seen the moon in the beta, venus was the first "new" planet. i was taking it slow the first time i landed on it during the story mission, and when i entered this space a fireteam of 3 suddenly appeared behind me. we were all dancing and running and jumping around the cars shooting the fallen.

I think mars looks the prettiest of the planets but it's really boring. the public events can be nice with a lot of people but it's usually very empty.

edit: a fireteam of 3 just sped passed me in the same area of venus as i was typing this, lol

LiK

Nothing but Radiant Shards but at least I have enough to max CE chestpiece. First part of CE is always fun even if we fuck up.

Nothing but Radiant Shards but at least I have enough to max CE chestpiece. First part of CE is always fun even if we fuck up.

Most definitely. We were committed to not leaving you behind even as a lowly Lv28. Really fun encounter, and sets the tone so well.

did somebody ask about this cloak earlier?

PaG5BfH.jpg

7x5vhDb.jpg

found the blue engram on my 31 and decrypted it on my 4. only way you'll get cloaks under level 20. revenant shader is on btw

CLBridges

Picked up a few randoms to complete a group for VoG Hard. Couldn't even get past Templar, group disbanded smh...oh well.

On a brighter note, ran the Nightfall for my Hunter to complete for the week and got Obsidian Mind exotic helm for my Warlock. I was looking forward to getting this helm, so that was awesome.

Tokubetsu

Man, it would be really sweet to do strike playlists without having the two people in your fireteam quit 9/10 times. Can't remember the last time I've done with the full 3 person team. Someone always quits.

coy

Anybody want in on the roc strikes? Just Dhruv and I right now.
Thanks Kadey and Dhruv. Was feeling my eyes getting heavier. I swear I didn't want to leave just because that legendary engram dropped though it looks suspicious.

Throughout the day, I did about about a dozen strikes for xp/mats plus 2 legendary engrams and another Suros Regime. I sharded my old ones and this is the 2nd post-DLC. Good day to go striking for me.

Aquila

I've got the Crota CP if anybody wants to try and knock him out real quick. Otherwise, I can just share it before I go to bed. PSN: Aquila_Red

Top Bottom