• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Lucky day today.Earlier I also got The Last Word from RNG loves me.
G4qk97n.jpg

111.gif

Namikaze1

Has anyone upgraded the Husk to Eidolon Ally yet? I ask because the Husk is utter shite.

I don't know if I want to level this up if the legendary and exotic forms are more of the same.
I have. It gets a bit better but not by much. I only keep it around because I want to collect all the exotics I can.

Sofa King

What's with the expansion not having any achievements? Certainly not the most disappointing thing about the DLC, but kinda lame just the same.

cilonen

I have. It gets a bit better but not by much. I only keep it around because I want to collect all the exotics I can.

Aha, no worries. From El Cuco's post it looks as if we need he hard mode raid drop to get it there.

I might just legendary it then shard it.

Namikaze1

That's the second pic I've seen today where the top player got a legendary engram and an exotic weapon. Has Bungie finally fixed their! Will people now actually play in the crucible instead of going afk?

coy

I'm calling BS, because I've got nothing in forever. The exotic was Dragon's Breath.
B5YrBqiCIAAjPn-.jpg:large

Lucky day today.Earlier I also got The Last Word from hard VOG.
RNG loves me...
G4qk97n.jpg

That's the second pic I've seen today where the top player got a legendary engram and an exotic weapon. Has Bungie finally fixed their! Will people now actually play in the crucible instead of going afk?

It's the same pic from the same match haha.

Edit: Love the reactions as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It isn't the same pic, look at the arrows

they were in the same match

edit: "Next Game in" too. now this feels like spot the differences

Mindlog

I like that strike quite a bit. It's nothing special by any means but I'd rather do that one than Omnigul any day of the week.
Undying Mind is secretly becoming my favorite strike.

The encounters aren't particularly special, but you get a lot of enemies spammed at you with a reasonable amount of cover. Decent teammates will quickly realize that you can orb feed the hell out of each other. Popping polyphage and spamming supers can be a fun combination. While not as fast as other strikes it's far more lucrative*. It reminds me of a very bare-bone Mass Effect multiplayer.

*I'm basically out of armor to upgrade and only have one or two new legendary weapons worth upgrading. I upgraded a handful of exotic weapons. Between upgrading armor, weapons and heavy synthesis I've been glimmer starved since the DLC. I stuffed all of my characters and vault with 260 heavy ammo packs bought with coins.

Now.
Without farming glimmer.
I am halfway to the glimmer cap and have nothing left to spend glimmer on. Balance the glimmer boom-bust please.

So I bought the rocket launcher telemetry from Xur yesterday to work on Gjallerhorn.

Would this system work?

Complete 10 bounties, pop the telemetry, redeem bounties for XP and rapid Gjallerhorn upgrading.

R0ckman

Has anyone upgraded the Husk to Eidolon Ally yet? I ask because the Husk is utter shite.

I don't know if I want to level this up if the legendary and exotic forms are more of the same.

I have it almost fully leveled. I think its pretty good now with the stability upgrade. Its def a situational gun most of the time. Its better the Epilogue IMO.

k1t4j

Hey guys can anyone help me with the weekly and Nightfall?

Or just the nightfall I'll run through with my 31 and jump in with the my 27 titan before the boss dies

So I bought the rocket launcher telemetry from Xur yesterday to work on Gjallerhorn.

Would this system work?

Complete 10 bounties, pop the telemetry, redeem bounties for XP and rapid Gjallerhorn upgrading.

Yep, thats how I upgraded it and I need you to have it maxed out by Tuesday (no pressure)

Yeah I got mine on my 2nd day doing the normal Blades of Crota bounty, super quick, haha.

Still not Rank 3 with Eris though ..

Rank 3 so far away :-(

forrest

formerly nacire
Looks like that's just a bug with their implementation of AO. The one Bungie uses in Destiny is a bit crap tbh. If you look closely you can even see a halo around your character at all times from the AO : (they probably use some pretty cheat SSAO instead of a newer shader like HBAO or SSDO).

No worries though, if your GFX card was dying, you would have textures turning green and weirder artifacts.

If that were true wouldn't everyone be experiencing this type of performance from the in game AO? I've seen dying gfx cards manifest in various ways other than just missing/green textures which is why I'm a bit concerned.

R0ckman

i'm confused at some of the limitations on this game. Limited by the speed we can get marks, limited by the amount of marks we can hold, limited by the amount of marks we can gain in a week... I see no point in the weekly limitation...

Mindlog

Would this system work?

Pop it on the final missions before you are ready to turn in bounties for maximum use. I finally got Thorn back up to Devourer using telemetries on the final mission for that extra little bit of XP before turning in bounties. I timed it so that when I returned to the tower I had only 2 minutes left on my telemetry.

LiK

i'm confused at some of the limitations on this game. Limited by the speed we can get marks, limited by the amount of marks we can hold, limited by the amount of marks we can gain in a week... I see no point in the weekly limitation...

prevents people from leveling too fast and quitting, imo. they want people to keep playing on a weekly or even daily basis.

jaaz

My Group did 3 runs of VoG yesterday up to the Gorgon chest, using our alts. Out of the 3 runs, G-horn dropped TWICE for someone on our fire team. This after over 30 previous VoG runs and never seeing it. I am convinced Bungie has upped the drop rate of G-horn from the Gorgon chest to get people to do VoG.

Side note: It is utter crap that the version of G-horn that drops is not the newer 331 attack version.

Would this system work?

Sure will.

I bought the Telemetry too in anticipation of my impending Gjallarhorn drop.

Top Bottom