• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

phen0m24

Haha, I didn't actually get it yet man, just a picture. The gloryhole is truly a wonder to behold, definitely the ship I want the most now.
Oh dang I was looking forward to seeing that bad boy in orbit.

You totally should have raided with us bro. It was Attack of the Titans

i wish there was an item that would upgrade a weapon from one tier to another. say you wanted to make the stranger's rifle have a better reload speed, larger mag and more damage. do quest, earn material, use upgrade, then boom. you've got a legendary stranger's rifle that you put in effort to level up.

has a lot more meaning than randomly earning a legendary rifle with similar stats IMO. i mean, if they're hellbent on reusing content, that's how you do it.

Late, but agreed.

Need 4 for Crota's End raid on PS4

Preferably first-timers, we want to go in fresh

PSN: ShinigamiFrost

We'll depart as soon as we have 6. We are both level 30 with Max weapons (pre-DLC).

---

On an unrelated note: Do chests/drops in the Vault of Glass have updated exotics?

I'll go, have one other with me. PSN babyghost853

realcZk

Oh dang I was looking forward to seeing that bad boy in orbit.

You totally should have raided with us bro. It was Attack of the Titans

Looking forward to it, eventually! I'm waiting to do the new raid until Friday with a group of friends, going in blind and trying to pull off some of that teamwork stuff. Hopefully we'll get past the first phase.

Quick question on the mechanics of leveling up a weapon. Does actually using a particular weapon level it up any faster, or is it really just a function of having that weapon equipped, and all experience contributes to all equipped items?

For the sake of being perfectly clear, if I want to level up a particular shotgun --

Scenario 1: Let's say I equip that shotgun in my secondary slot, but completely ignore using it and just use my primary and heavy only.

Scenario 2: Now lets say I equip that shotgun and get all my kills with it.

Does that shotgun level up any quicker in scenario 2, or is it all equal as long as it's the equipped weapon?

I'm aware that experience from bounties and what not go towards all equipped items, my friends and I have disagreements about whether actually using a weapon levels it up any faster than simply having it equipped.

Thanks!

Deku Tree

So how achievable is the raid it's all level 30s?

Looks like you need to invest a lot of time in it.

I haven't beaten it yet but...
the first half is very hard but very doable... So far it sounds like it's possibly basically almost impossible to beat the final boss Crota with a full team of 30s.

Can you describe what you like/dislike/care/don't care about with your experience with the game so far?

So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed delving into Destiny's PvP modes on a regular basis and venturing into VoG on occasion with my friends, and I think I'd be able to do more of that if I buy the DLC (although a majority in my group aren't going to buy it). Don't enjoy the repetitive nature that the game became for me, especially after the "lustre" of the VoG wore off after a month or so. By the time I hit level 30 I would just pop the Destiny disc in, and run Tiger strikes/do PvE bounties to upgrade the exotics..

Quick question on the mechanics of leveling up a weapon. Does actually using a particular weapon level it up any faster, or is it really just a function of having that weapon equipped, and all experience contributes to all equipped items?

For the sake of being perfectly clear, if I want to level up a particular shotgun --

Scenario 1: Let's say I equip that shotgun in my secondary slot, but completely ignore using it and just use my primary and heavy only.

Scenario 2: Now lets say I equip that shotgun and get all my kills with it.

Does that shotgun level up any quicker in scenario 2, or is it all equal as long as it's the equipped weapon?

I'm aware that experience from bounties and what not go towards all equipped items, my friends and I have disagreements about whether actually using a weapon levels it up any faster than simply having it equipped.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you don't get shit unless you actually use the weapon, which is why bounties are so important. No one is trying to use a shotgun 24/7

Finished the "new" PS exclusive strike. This shit is unbelievably lazy. Old map backwards with new enemy locations and a recycled boss

I want to like this update but bungie makes it really difficult

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed delving into Destiny's PvP modes on a regular basis and venturing into VoG on occasion with my friends, and I think I'd be able to do more of that if I buy the DLC (although a majority in my group aren't going to buy it). Don't enjoy the repetitive nature that the game became for me, especially after the "lustre" of the VoG wore off after a month or so. By the time I hit level 30 I would just pop the Destiny disc in, and run Tiger strikes/do PvE bounties to upgrade the exotics..
Well, based on that description, thinks you'd get enjoyment out of would be new PvP maps, new weapons, and a new raid. I can totally understand that not being worth the price of admission to you and wanting to wait for some form of discount. On the other hand if you have people you'd be playing with I'm certain you'd have plenty of fun in the new content. Many more people will be hitting 30 soon either way, which will make it easier to find optimal groups for VoG hard.

Out 1

this just dropped

8dgTpYa.jpg

max 294 attack
same base RoF and impact as fatebringer. slightly slower reload but way more stable
send it passes fatebringer's range but it has armor piercing rounds instead
also, luck in the chamber

Oh dear. I need this now!

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0035979/

Top Bottom