• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Korosenai

Got past the second part of the new raid. Got energies. So far I've gotten nothing but energies, not even the new shards. And all of my friends are getting raid armor....

realcZk

anyone make a new armor/light guide yet?

trying to figure out where i should be spending my marks this week.

You need 132 light to hit level 31 which would help immensely in the new raid. The new legendary gear from the vendors will get you there, maxing out at 33 light after upgrades instead of the old raid gear that was 30. That's 4 maxed out pieces of vanguard/crucible legendary gear, or one new exotic gear piece leveled to 36 light, two new 33 light pieces, and a 30 light piece.

You'll need commendations to purchase chest/helmet from vanguard or crucible vendors. These are gotten by leveling up your vanguard or crucible and opening the package from the postmaster. Gloves/boots do not require commendations to purchase. Helms cost 120 marks, everything else is now 75 marks each, up from 65.

I was able to hit 31 very quickly by having 200 vanguard and crucible marks, rolling over my ranks, and buying the gloves, boots, and chest from vanguard and the helm from crucible.

I have a bounty to kill Hive with a Sword of Crota on Earth. Where is a Sword spawn with Hive? Near the old loot cave maybe?

What is the frequency of spawns? Like a public event maybe?

realcZk

I have a bounty to kill Hive with a Sword of Crota on Earth. Where is a Sword spawn with Hive? Near the old loot cave maybe?

They are timed or random, like public events. I've seen them in the Steppes, Divide, and Mothyards. I assume they can probably spawn in any area but I'm not sure. You'll see some text in the bottom left of the screen about the blades of crota entering the world, and you can usually find them crawling out of a cave somewhere. If you join a game that already has people in it, they could already be out and about.

They are timed or random, like public events. I've seen them in the Steppes, Divide, and Mothyards. I assume they can probably spawn in any area but I'm not sure. You'll see some text in the bottom left of the screen about the blades of crota entering the world, and you can usually find them crawling out of a cave somewhere. If you join a game that already has people in it, they could already be out and about.

i got the sword near the Walker PE.

Do any Hive span when you get it? Some of those areas are heavy with Fallen.

ElRenoRaven

What is the frequency of spawns? Like a public event maybe?

Honestly they're all over but here is what has worked for me easily. In the Divide there is the room that spawns shanks which go back behind the building where the drop ships drop enemies. Go there and every 10 minutes a group spawns. For me it was pretty much on the hour and every 10 minutes after. You can kill them quickly. The downside is that you of course have to take about 30 minutes to do it. I however took that time to finish other bounties in the area around there like knuckleduster, etc.

Daigoro

You need 132 light to hit level 31 which would help immensely in the new raid. The new legendary gear from the vendors will get you there, maxing out at 33 light after upgrades instead of the old raid gear that was 30. That's 4 maxed out pieces of vanguard/crucible legendary gear, or one new exotic gear piece leveled to 36 light, two new 33 light pieces, and a 30 light piece.

You'll need commendations to purchase chest/helmet from vanguard or crucible vendors. These are gotten by leveling up your vanguard or crucible and opening the package from the postmaster. Gloves/boots do not require commendations to purchase. Helms cost 120 marks, everything else is now 75 marks each, up from 65.

I was able to hit 31 very quickly by having 200 vanguard and crucible marks, rolling over my ranks, and buying the gloves, boots, and chest from vanguard and the helm from crucible.

excellent, thanks for the breakdown!

PVP part of the Thorn bounty took a while but I got it. Voidwalker subclass, Atheons Epilogue, the Comedian, the Truth. The ultimate void class (although the Atheons sucks major ass, never bring that into PVP people).

PVP part of the Thorn bounty took a while but I got it. Voidwalker subclass, Atheons Epilogue, the Comedian, the Truth. The ultimate void class (although the Atheons sucks major ass, never bring that into PVP people).

It's my go to AR. Once you're used to it, it's fine provided you're accurate.

GhaleonEB

Is it me or are the new strikes...kind of awesome? Bungie really upped the intensity on a few of those encounters to overwhelming levels and it was a nice chance of pace from the other strikes.

realcZk

Is it me or are the new strikes...kind of awesome? Bungie really upped the intensity on a few of those encounters to overwhelming levels and it was a nice chance of pace from the other strikes.
I really like the black garden one. It's intense and never gets boring. Tons of mobs. As for the new earth strike, it's good up until the final fight, I feel like the room is too small and it makes the encounter kind of annoying.

I thought the same thing too. Although they don't feel quite as intense on subsequent runs as you get familiar with better positions to hold, but overall yeah. Liked it alot.

zewone

Did my first run at Crotas End.

We got to Crota and I think this raid is awesome. I like the change of pace from VoG. Going to need some more 31s and 32s. I think once Xur gets here and people upgrade thier exotics we'll get some more appropriate leveled people.

Got raid gloves and some shards.

MildSoss

Did my first run at Crotas End.

We got to Crota and I think this raid is awesome. I like the change of pace from VoG. Going to need some more 31s and 32s. I think once Our gets here and people upgrade thier exotics we'll get some more appropriate leveled people.

Got raid gloves and some shards.

Yeah, that was really fun. Thanks for the run by the way.

I got lucky and came out with chest and an arm piece so i'm happy. :]

Arrrammis

So far, is the raid the only way to get radiant mats? I got the chest and have not purchased a vendor chest yet, but it looks like I might have to buy one to replace the raid chest if I want to reach 31 this week.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yup, they are. I actually like the Omnigul strike. I mean he is spongebob v2 but the entire strike doesn't give you any breathing room.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So far, is the raid the only way to get radiant mats? I got the chest and have not purchased a vendor chest yet, but it looks like I might have to buy one to replace the raid chest if I want to reach 31 this week.
It will take a few weeks before you are able to level up two pieces of raid armour. I think you will be ready by January when the hard mode is unlocked, so it's very essential to get to 31 using the Vanguard/Crucible rags.

Top Bottom