• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Dang, I am loving the Mythoclast so far. And it has the 323 Attack Rating, so I can easily rely on it until I can upgrade my other exotics.

Bout to try out the bad boy in pvp.

Kensuke

I really hope they aren't assuming people grind 3 of the same character to max the raid armor when designing this shit.

The new raid has completely turned me off to the game. Hey let's put over leveled enemies in front of your character progression, and the only way to match their level is by grinding your way to one level below them so you can get some gear you won't be able to level because we came up with a new currency that you can only obtain once a week in the raid, but even then you're at the mercy of RNG.

Just so fucking stupid.

I was mostly referring to sharing shards between 3 characters. I think a lot of people have a titan, hunter and warlock.

You can get to the last fight without too much trouble with a level 30 party. And for the last fight you only need one 31. I don't think it's that bad. I guess Bungie assumed not everyone would be jumping into the new raid right away.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I really hope they aren't assuming people grind 3 of the same character to max the raid armor when designing this shit.

The new raid has completely turned me off to the game. Hey let's put over leveled enemies in front of your character progression, and the only way to match their level is by grinding your way to one level below them so you can get some gear you won't be able to level because we came up with a new currency that you can only obtain once a week in the raid, but even then you're at the mercy of RNG.

Just so fucking stupid.
I don't know what you mean by same character. You can use the radiant shards you get from any character on your "main" if you want to level a piece of gear as quickly as possible. But of course they're not assuming that when they design it. They don't assume their average player is going to get to 32 as quickly as possible. They're assuming anyone who wants to will just keep raiding, at least once a week; and they expect getting to 32 to take however long it takes, between shard drops, duplicate armor drops, and converting energy. Presumably, doing the raid is what you want the gear for anyway, so you'll either keep doing it or you won't.

They do, however, assume that you'll make progress toward and likely hit 31 in the meantime. There are a variety of ways to get there that people will see once Xur and IB come through town again.

Damn. That's a new record. 3 legendary engrams in like 3 hours

Got Truth (ugh), ass and a hunter helmet with int/disc. Saves me having to use a commendation. I was planning on levelling my Titan but depending on what Xur has I might have to switch up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bladedancer is godly for the
first section of the raid
. Showstopper wrecks everything.
truuuue that, I was so glad to have got my titan raid ready, but watching the bladedancers in my crew made me so psyched to get back in there with my OG.

So glad Bungie gave us 10 Bounty slots. It is getting crowded. I have 3 Exotic Bounties and the Urn of Sacrifice taking up space. Leaves things tight with all the new Eris stuff on top of it.

Kensuke

I don't know what you mean by same character. You can use the radiant shards you get from any character on your "main" if you want to level a piece of gear as quickly as possible. But of course they're not assuming that when they design it. They don't assume their average player is going to get to 32 as quickly as possible. They're assuming anyone who wants to will just keep raiding, at least once a week; and they expect getting to 32 to take however long it takes, between shard drops, duplicate armor drops, and converting energy. Presumably, doing the raid is what you want the gear for anyway, so you'll either keep doing it or you won't.

They do, however, assume that you'll make progress toward and likely hit 31 in the meantime. There are a variety of ways to get there that people will see once Xur and IB come through town again.

Honestly, I think the fact many people are playing with multiple characters did factor into the design. The slower rollout of shards is to prevent hardcore players to get to 32 too quickly (31 on the other hand is very doable because there are multiple methods). I think this because I know even a single level 32 would make the final fight trivial. Bungie probably wants to keep it tough until they unleash hard mode next month.

Midas

After playing through the first part of Crota's End again, I'm now sure that it won't be impossible to complete that on hard.
Just stick together, and run run. The only part where it might be small problems are the few yards before the bridge and while waiting for it to build up

After playing through the first part of Crota's End again, I'm now sure that it won't be impossible to complete that on hard.
Just stick together, and run run. The only part where it might be small problems are the few yards before the bridge and while waiting for it to build up
Just Bladedancer across.

Rixa

Now to think, where the hell I need Shotgun as primary weapon in PVE?
UR is PVP weapon right?

NF30lvl.PNG
Otherwise good stuff, was fun to carry one of our raidplayers alt through NF. Completition took ~55min. It aint easy.

Vex Mythoclast as main weapon and MurMur (arc, 287 damage) as secondary weapon and Unfriendly Giant (Solar) as heavy weapon.

We did raids 2nd phase yesterday: Raid spoilers->
When you know what to do in part 2 it is quite easy as level 30, but 3rd part when we all are lvl 30 players, we decide to get 1 level more. Ive got 5 shards so far, Iam ok with this. We have missed those 2 chests

Zocano

Looking for 3 more to do the first section of the Crota raid real quick! Just need that one loot drop. Would love the help!

PSN is Zocano

joecanada

Anyone notice higher drop rates lately? Played for a while tonight got new machine gun, fusion rifle and peoples choice i think it's called ar. Low impact but when levelled to 333 or whatever should be fine. New machine gun fires slow as hell but every shot is like a super scout rifle.

"Anyone got the
deathsinger checkpoint?
" are words that will never be spoken...ever.

Edit...thanks for getting us to the final fight Z. Wish I could have stuck around.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Okay, so I just ranked up my Cryptarch, and in my Cryptarch package was 2 Legendary Engrams and a Rare Engram.

First Legendary Engram decrypts into... a new Gjallarhorn!

Welp, pack it up people. We've just hit the singularity of luck.

Hyun Sai

So I did the Weekly and Nightfall yesterday, and I don't understand some of the complaints. I thought it would be so much worse, but Arc burn simplified and shorted the fights by a lot (and didn't even have fatebringer, just good old Epitaph and Swarm with arc).

When people will get used to the spawns, this will go like a breeze.

Midas

Okay, so I just ranked up my Cryptarch, and in my Cryptarch package was 2 Legendary Engrams and a Rare Engram.

Congrats! Hawkmoon, Fatebringer and Gjallarhorn. They still elude me.

Midas

So I did the Weekly and Nightfall yesterday, and I don't understand some of the complaints. I thought it would be so much worse, but Arc burn simplified and shorted the fights by a lot (and didn't even have fatebringer, just good old Epitaph and Swarm with arc).

When people will get used to the spawns, this will go like a breeze.

Yeah. And it really didn't feel any different from a level 28 nightfall either.

KingV

Man changing the levels on the weekly heroic really burns me. As a 26, it really cuts down my one reliable source of shards. Also, the idea of doing the weekly once per week is much more pleasant than grinding rep and marks... However else one grinds rep. I'm not sure I have it in me to grind enough for the new vendor gear.

Just finished the DLC story/strike content. It's definitely better than the campaign, but still nothing too exciting.

Daigoro

who's we?

i leveled him up too and got two blues that turned into turds. grats on the launcher though.

zewone

Bad Juju or Thorn bounty? I have both of the old versions but I think Juju will be good in the raid and Thorn I use for PVP.

exYle

Easiest way I've gotten to do it is just do the strike playlist. Gives you tons of engrams to dismantle. Also you level up the cryptarch at the same time.

Yeah, I was doing that, but it's still a drip feed... getting Legendaries fully upgraded takes something like 75 Plasteel

Zocano

Yeah, I was doing that, but it's still a drip feed... getting Legendaries fully upgraded takes something like 75 Plasteel

Yah. I don't really see much else to do it.

You can buy a ton of green engrams from the Cryptarch if they're armor pieces. It costs a ton of glimmer but that's another way to do it.

Top Bottom