• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

GhaleonEB

I thought the same thing too. Although they don't feel quite as intense on subsequent runs as you get familiar with better positions to hold, but overall yeah. Liked it alot.
I just did my second run on the black garden one, and I see what you mean, once you know what to expect. Even going in though our team still got pushed back on the steps several times. I think that's the first time I've been in a strike where the whole team was like, GTFO we're all gonna die. Instead of blowing through it we were barely staying on top of things. (The barriers were a nice way to keep jackasses from sprinting past half the encounters as on some strikes.)

Yup, they are. I actually like the Omnigul strike. I mean he is spongebob v2 but the entire strike doesn't give you any breathing room.

Yeah I was really surprised and got killed several times thinking I had cleared part of the area only to turn around into a mob of 15 guys charging me. We were constantly shifting around the arenas. It felt like Firefight on steroids. Tons of fun.

Zocano

Need 1 more at Deathsinger checkpoint in Crota's End!

PSN is Zocano

We probably will only be able to do the Deathsinger bit and nothing past it.

Is there a gaf "clan" I can join? I am a pretty casual player and just really enjoying the game and playing a little bit every night. I don't really play the crucible because I find it a bit overwhelming, but I'd love to do VoG sometime soon :)

Joined the GAF Raiders clan. Is that okay if I'm going to be more casual or is it really for people who are top level and looking to always be doing the new raids? I wasn't sure if there's a more casual one so I just went with the largest I saw that looked GAF related.

Joined the GAF Raiders clan. Is that okay if I'm going to be more casual or is it really for people who are top level and looking to always be doing the new raids? I wasn't sure if there's a more casual one so I just went with the largest I saw that looked GAF related.
Gaf Raiders was formed just so we could originally get the "all have the same clan tag for the raid" achievement. You're good lol.

Three days into the expansion, I already have two 302 ATK Exotics. Just need to get 12 more AssShards and I'll be level 30. The hooks are back in me.

And I was planning on never touching this game again. MCC failed me.

So, once you get a rhythm down, Crota's End is manageable. If you got a speedster to lead the pack, the Thrall end to focus on them and the rest of the party can just creep up to the platform. It's just that fucking sword bridge part that blows.

Kensuke

So, once you get a rhythm down, Crota's End is manageable. If you got a speedster to lead the pack, the Thrall end to focus on them and the rest of the party can just creep up to the platform. It's just that fucking sword bridge part that blows.

Really? The bridge part is my favorite part. So tense.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
damn this raid is cool as helllll. so glad my group could all make it! made some great progress, gonna finish it off sunday :D

edit: Guys, please spoiler tag specific elements of the raid until Tuesday, for people who haven't had the chance to try it yet.

Just played the Omnigul strike for the first time and it's not bad. Same problems as the previous strikes such as boss being a bullet sponge, waves and waves of enemies but I liked it.

I have no idea how you guys played this on Nightfall. It seems literally impossible to me. All those Arc snipers, knights and wizards shooting arc based weapons is making me reconsider if I even wanna try the nightfall. The part that made me go nope was the part with the stealth vandals. Lightswitch plus stealth vandals is one of the enemy encounters I hate most in this game. I would rather play Angry with Cabals.

Also for the love of God, I hope Xur sells Warlock chests this weekend. I'll rather have Praxic Fire but I'll even take Voidfangs, but Bungie can't be that cruel and have Xur sell Sunbreakers or Voidfangs again but I'm not even holding my breath.

Van Owen

Banned
So, is Bungie trying to draw out the road to level 32? Got some raid armor but there seems no point in leveling it since it will take me weeks just to max out one piece of armor. I might as well level the new legendary gear first to get to 31 to make the raid easier.

hydruxo

Skyshock might be one of the worst maps I've ever played on. When will Bungie learn that big vehicle maps just don't work for this game?

Skyshock would be a damn good map if it wasn't for everyone and their mothers having snipers slowing the gameplay down. This game is ment for fast past gameplay plays like shit when you're at a standoff.

Need more people on it too. Oh and vehicles that aren't complete crap.

Kensuke

So, is Bungie trying to draw out the road to level 32? Got some raid armor but there seems no point in leveling it since it will take me weeks just to max out one piece of armor. I might as well level the new legendary gear first to get to 31 to make the raid easier.

I think they're assuming people will play it with 3 characters. If they gave out more shards those players would get to 32 with a week. If you play with 3 you still get plenty though, enough to level up 1 raid piece to max.

If you only have 1 character I'd recommend leveling the new legendary gear.

Hit level 31 yesterday. I was lucky and found Claws of Ahamkara for my Warlock in the Nightfall. I bought Crucible boots and a Vanguard chest. Also got the Mythoclast finally last night, too. Lucky day!

Omni

Got up to Crota in the new raid

So much fun... but holy shit. I feel like you need to at least be level 31 for it

Van Owen

Banned
I think they're assuming people will play it with 3 characters. If they gave out more shards those players would get to 32 with a week. If you play with 3 you still get plenty though, enough to level up 1 raid piece to max.

If you only have 1 character I'd recommend leveling the new legendary gear.

I really hope they aren't assuming people grind 3 of the same character to max the raid armor when designing this shit.

The new raid has completely turned me off to the game. Hey let's put over leveled enemies in front of your character progression, and the only way to match their level is by grinding your way to one level below them so you can get some gear you won't be able to level because we came up with a new currency that you can only obtain once a week in the raid, but even then you're at the mercy of RNG.

Just so fucking stupid.

Top Bottom