• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

exYle

Yah. I don't really see much else to do it.

You can buy a ton of green engrams from the Cryptarch if they're armor pieces. It costs a ton of glimmer but that's another way to do it.

Don't wanna do that in case Xur shows up with multiple exotics I wanna upgrade =/

LordofPwn

Hit lvl 31 and have my new raid boots 14 shards away from max.

My friend got his 1st G-Thang from raid chest today too. And I got an upgraded version of no backup plans which means I got to shard my old pair which I never even equipped.

1 more nightfall, 2weekly heroics, and finish the raid are my plans for the rest of the week. I and wondering if Bungie will say anything worthwhile in the update.

Rixa

Question about faction reputations:

Does Future War Club faction reputation give packet when you get it from 1 to 2 level?
Or does it start from 2 -> 3?

Trying to increase FWC reputation (I even dont know what they are selling) as my PVP reputation (only played one pvp game sofar). FWC rep is soon in 2 level.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yah. I don't really see much else to do it.

You can buy a ton of green engrams from the Cryptarch if they're armor pieces. It costs a ton of glimmer but that's another way to do it.
At the vanguard quartermaster there was this one green helm for 250 glimmer, was the best deal I found (needed 12 in a hurry to hit 30)

Thanks to Jay for the tip on that
Question about faction reputations:

Does Future War Club faction reputation give packet when you get it from 1 to 2 level?
Or does it start from 2 -> 3?

Trying to increase FWC reputation (I even dont know what they are selling) as my PVP reputation (only played one pvp game sofar). FWC rep is soon in 2 level.
It's every rank after 3- at 3 I think you get a guaranteed item.

Navid

The Warlock chest piece is pimp as fuuuuuuuuuuuck
Raid chest piece..? Any chance of a in game character screen later when you get the time?

Not a fan of the new Vanguard chest for the Warlock, the old version from the Vanguard looked much better unfortunately. The new Titan stuff on the other hand looks great and hunter gear continues to be ok and a bit plain.

Shito

So, was thinking about that Urn quest in regard with my coins balance: I do think Xur will sell it for motes.
In my opinion, it's the reason why some of Eris' bounties reward with motes.

Have the improved nightfall payouts?

Got the upgraded last word last night, shame I don't get on with handcannons.

Also have they made it so you can run it more than once and still get a pay out?

ocean

Banned
Have the improved nightfall layouts?

Got the upgraded last word last night, shame I don't get on with handcannons.

Also have they made it so you can run it more than once and still get a pay out?
If by layout you mean loot drop, probably the same. Lots of people here getting exotics, many others getting a few coins or ascendant materials. Like always.

As for running more than once, you get nothing. I have to get 200 kills in a Nightfall but already ran in. Considering waiting until next week or maybe just murdering Thralls forever on this one.

Rixa

It's every rank after 3- at 3 I think you get a guaranteed item.
Thanks, I need to continue reputation grinding.

My tv gaming time is limited.

But Iam so happy that there is remote play, been playing Destiny from Vita alot (strikes, rep grinding, bounties...). Yesterday was "best" regarding to what I played from Vitas screen.
I and one other from my friendlist did Weekly and I played it through from Vitas screen.
Of course Vex Mythoclast automatic shooting helps. Vita doesnt have so fancy R & L buttons.

Oh man that PS4 Exclusive Strike. While most of it is literally just the last mission backwards, that boss fight was freaking intense. Cramped in a small-ish space, Vex warping in everywhere, paired with some of my favorite music from the entire soundtrack.

raindoc

I was mostly referring to sharing shards between 3 characters. I think a lot of people have a titan, hunter and warlock.

You can get to the last fight without too much trouble with a level 30 party. And for the last fight you only need one 31. I don't think it's that bad. I guess Bungie assumed not everyone would be jumping into the new raid right away.

3rd encounter spoiler:
How the effing eff are you killing the deathsinger "without too much trouble"?

KeRaSh

Xûr don't break my heart today: Armamentarium or Saint-14 please.

How are there still Titans who don't have Armamentarium? It sounds as ridiculous as a Warlock begging for Sunbreakers or Voidfang Vestments. :p

who's we?

i leveled him up too and got two blues that turned into turds. grats on the launcher though.

Same here. Two blues from a rank up. At least one of them turned into a new purple heavy machine gun but I was expecting more...
Next time, right?
RIGHT??? ;_;

ocean

Banned
How are there still Titans who don't have Armamentarium? It sounds as ridiculous as a Warlock begging for Sunbreakers or Voidfang Vestments. :p

Same here. Two blues from a rank up. At least one of them turned into a new purple heavy machine gun but I was expecting more...
Next time, right?
RIGHT??? ;_;
Oh I have it alright. That's why I need it at 36 Light. No going back after 2 grenades. Blind all the Knights!

So how many chests are there in the new raid?

And whereabouts is the first opportunity to get raid gear like weapons and armour?

Might see if I can struggle through to pick something up this week later today.

The new strike on mars is insane! I got it via the lvl 26 strike playlist and our 3rd person dropped at the beginning. The two of us were able to make it to the end and get the boss down to about 1/8th health before it was too late :(

Loads of fun though. Reminds me of halo co-op back in the old days, a lot of unspoken teamwork and understanding, but much much longer and more difficult. Still, I really am enjoying this game, despite all the hate. It is a solid shooter. It is the driveclub of shooters, but with even more content.

Beth Cyra

Heya everyone.

I just loaded up Destiny for the first time since the Raid came out.

I bought the Digital Guardian Edition and it just doesn't have the Expansions in my list or anything, and all I have is the collectors edition items.

I looked on Bungi.net, saw the restore and restart. Did all of that several times and still no go, did they ever update with any other solution to get this fixed?

NeOak

Heya everyone.

I just loaded up Destiny for the first time since the Raid came out.

I bought the Digital Guardian Edition and it just doesn't have the Expansions in my list or anything, and all I have is the collectors edition items.

I looked on Bungi.net, saw the restore and restart. Did all of that several times and still no go, did they ever update with any other solution to get this fixed?

Check the PSN store if you can redownload the season pass. If not, I guess you'll have to redownload Destiny.

k1t4j

Hey guys anyone wants to have a go at Crota's this evening after work?

Let's say 9:00 pm GMT time.

I am a 31 hunter looking to start a group. Let me know please!

Kensuke

3rd encounter spoiler:
How the effing eff are you killing the deathsinger "without too much trouble"?

That's the hardest part, but once you figure out the strat it's not too bad. You basically don't need to fight the knights in the beginning at all. Everyone needs to get on the top platform or back towers and immediately send two guys to lure out the wizards. Once they're outside take them out as quick as possible. Then send out 2 guys with Gjallarhorns to take care of the shriekers. After that take your time to slowly take out all knights on the left or right side with the whole team. You will probably get to the deathsinger before she starts her song, but it's not a problem if she does. Singing makes her stand still, a perfect target for Icebreaker headshots.

raindoc

3rd encounter spoilers:

That's the hardest part, but once you figure out the strat it's not too bad. You basically don't need to fight the knights in the beginning at all. Get on the top platform or back towers and send two guys to lure out the wizards. Take out the wizards as quick as possible. Then send out 2 guys with Gjallarhorns to take care of the shriekers. After that take your time to slowly take out all knights on the left or right side with the whole team. You will probably get to the deathsinger before she starts her song, but it's not a problem if she does. Singing makes her stand still, a perfect target for Icebreaker headshots.

We (almost) did that. team went to the left, I took the right alone. Lured wizard out, team-killed him, I went in and killed the Shrieker, traverse to the left, meet up with team, go in.
Problem: a gazillion of knights that followed us up the stairs as soon as we entered the structure, leaving us almost no time to aim because we were forced tojump constantly due to the Knight's OHK melee attacks.
I'm the only 31 in the team, so I can take about 1,15 melee hits - at one point I decided to turn in g'horn for pocket infinity and just ran/jumped in circles around the Deathsinger. got her down to somewhere between 10-20 percent a couple of times, but never managed to kill her. It got really late, so we quit.

One question: what triggers the countdown? entering the area? killing the shriekers?

KeRaSh

It's probably for the upgrade.

Oh I have it alright. That's why I need it at 36 Light. No going back after 2 grenades. Blind all the Knights!

Oh you meant the upgrade! Then I completely agree. My brother wants those two upgrade, too!
I would love to keep my Sunbreakers so I'm hoping I can upgrade them. I also wouldn't mind an upgrade for my Heart of Praxic Fire as an alternative. No Light Beyond would be a valid option, too but I don't really want to use Voidfang Vestments with the alternatives at hand. I'll take anything to get to Lv 31, though!

Rixa

you need plasteel?! how? why? i have like 1200, am i missing something? can i trade it for exotics :D

Alts fast leveling in few hours from level 16 to 27 like I did mine (had exotic + legendary armors ready in Vault).
I have shitloads of Hardronic warlock thingies. Hunter alt has difficulties to get sapphire wires.

I use Strikes to get them tho.

rafaelr

Yeah, no season Pass. It only had the CE items and armory listed.

Guess I'll delete and renistall.

same thing happened to a friend of mine. searching for "destiny expansion pass" in the store (which should show up as "free") and downloading that fixed it for him.

Zocano

Raid chest piece..? Any chance of a in game character screen later when you get the time?

B4kML6QIYAEKahQ.jpg:large

Crota Warlock Chest so sweeeeet.

BraXzy

Only got through the story missions and a couple of multiplayer games on the new maps.

I'm not level 30 yet so it's gonna be fun trying to find a group to raid with isn't it? :/

Drubbed

Banned
Lucky Raspberry dropped for me in nightfall yesterday.

The new exotics are crazy fast to upgrade, already half way through!

Top Bottom