• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Shito

B4kML6QIYAEKahQ.jpg:large

Crota Warlock Chest so sweeeeet.
Very nice. <3

Gordon

So I just finished Nightfall. I got
"Up For Anything"
with mediocre perks, dude who was partied with dude from lfg who dropped got a pile of shards, and random that jumped in uninvited when my buddy dropped during the boss fight got
Ruin Wings
:/

Then I got a Pulse Rifle -
Coiled Hiss 1919
, with a full auto perk and third eye from a vanguard package - possible crucible contender? Impact is low and the RoF looks about like Shadow Price on the stats screen, but it has decent stability and with perfect balance (which it has) it'll nearly max out.Also has high caliber rounds. Are they any good? I thought they got nerfed.

ocean

Banned
Only got through the story missions and a couple of multiplayer games on the new maps.

I'm not level 30 yet so it's gonna be fun trying to find a group to raid with isn't it? :/
But gear! No need for commendations for gauntlets and boots. Xûr's offerings and Vanguard gear will let you reach 30 quick and then 31 (which honestly is what you want for the new raid)

Kensuke

3rd encounter spoilers:

We (almost) did that. team went to the left, I took the right alone. Lured wizard out, team-killed him, I went in and killed the Shrieker, traverse to the left, meet up with team, go in.
Problem: a gazillion of knights that followed us up the stairs as soon as we entered the structure, leaving us almost no time to aim because we were forced tojump constantly due to the Knight's OHK melee attacks.
I'm the only 31 in the team, so I can take about 1,15 melee hits - at one point I decided to turn in g'horn for pocket infinity and just ran/jumped in circles around the Deathsinger. got her down to somewhere between 10-20 percent a couple of times, but never managed to kill her. It got really late, so we quit.

One question: what triggers the countdown? entering the area? killing the shriekers?
If you guys were at the range were the knights can melee that means you guys were too close. Keep your distance and calmly focus fire the knights. Putting a blinding shield or using a blinding grenade at choke points really helps. Rockets make big difference there as well. I know it's stressful because of the timer, but you need to take your time. As soon as people start dying your dps goes down quick, so you might as well play it slowly but safely.

So about the timer (not the actual countdown), it apparently triggers as soon as you kill an enemy or an enemy kills one of you guys. That's why you need to lure out the wizards first and make that your first kill. Consider this a rumor though, as we're not totally sure of this.

raindoc

The Nightfall trolling continues with 6 strange coins as a reward.

i253yy13Ne6dU.gif

9 strange coins
1 "old" and already owned LMG
7 Motes of Light

Is what me and two friends got for completing the Nightfall with our 28/29s yesterday. Should be one of the worst drops in recorded history, toilets included.

Gordon

And what's the deal with Murmur? I thought it was supposed to start blue. Mine was purple when she handed it to me..

Drubbed

Banned
bridge part of the raid tip?

SHOOT SHOOT MELEE MELEE MELEE SHOOT SHOOT with the sword vs the gatekeepers, it'll make it impossible for them to hit you.

Same speed as legendary?

Maybe a tiny bit slower but a lot faster than the old way.

Fistwell

Wow, non dlc owners really getting shat on
Well at least they're clear on their msg, "Fuck you if you dont buy our DLC shit." The honesty is almost endearing.

Edit: dumb spoilerish question about early chest in new raid:
Talking about the chest in a door to the left right after the beginning, it doesn't seem to show up at all for me, tried about a dozen times on my own yesterday, tried walking to the first lamp, trigger it, walk back to the beginning, wait for the lamp to blow, tried not walking to the lamp and going directly to the chest's location, checked first then second door... never showed up. Are the mechanics of it known now? Is it still there or has it been stealth-patched out? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

BraXzy

But gear! No need for commendations for gauntlets and boots. Xûr's offerings and Vanguard gear will let you reach 30 quick and then 31 (which honestly is what you want for the new raid)

I grabbed gauntlets and boots, I just don't have the energy to grind them up, farm materials and glimmer to upgrade em :/

Are there any quick ways to get glimmer nowadays? I have less than a thousand.

Raid spoilers.

does anyone know the name of the new track that plays when someone kills the sword bearer and grabs the sword during the final Crota fight?

Hearing it always gets me pumped to take him down.

MrMuscle

Well at least they're clear on their msg, "Fuck you if you dont buy our DLC shit." The honesty is almost endearing.

Edit: dumb spoilerish question about early chest in new raid:
Talking about the chest in a door to the left right after the beginning, it doesn't seem to show up at all for me, tried about a dozen times on my own yesterday, tried walking to the first lamp, trigger it, walk back to the beginning, wait for the lamp to blow, tried not walking to the lamp and going directly to the chest's location, checked first then second door... never showed up. Are the mechanics of it known now? Is it still there or has it been stealth-patched out? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

Just run to the spawn place. If its not there, die and repeat. Did it on all 3 yesterday. Took 2 tries on titan, 26 on Hunter and 7 on Warlock.

Meneses

Leveled up Vanguard, got a Legendary Warlock helmet.

Did Nightfall, got an exotic Warlock helmet.

I'm a Hunter.

Fuck this shit.

Midas

I'm a Hunter.

Fuck this shit.

Great gear for your warlock!

Can't wait to continue with the raid. 2nd part is really hard, guess it's even harder later on. :D

Rixa

I'm a Hunter.

Fuck this shit.

- 5 Weeks ago tried Xurs exotic engram helmet for Warlock.
- Got helmet for Hunter.
- Got hunter ~1½ week ago til level 20
- Put exotic helmet on.
- On halfway upgraded helmet, read news from bungie about exotic tune.
- On tuesday, get legendary helmet engram from Craptarch
- Identify and notice it is for the hunter alt which is at level 27
- Plan about dismantling exotic hunter helmet

FTS.

So I tried doing the Black Garden mission to complete the Divisive Mind bounty and it immediately started me in the Black Garden which I found to be strange (it put me past the Divisive Mind). Made to the final boss and went back into orbit and tried starting the mission again. It put me right back at the final boss fight. Decided to beat the final boss and wait until the mission complete status popped up before going back into orbit and trying the mission yet again. This time it started at the beginning of the mission.

So even though I had completed the same bounty a couple of weeks back but never really finished the whole story mission, the game saw fit to make me continue the mission. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

BLU-82

And what's the deal with Murmur? I thought it was supposed to start blue. Mine was purple when she handed it to me..

Same. Got it legendary.
Although I did also get a suspicious blue hand cannon from one of the rewards? Seems strange to get a DLC blue unless that could be upgraded maybe?

Shito

So I tried doing the Black Garden mission to complete the Divisive Mind bounty and it immediately started me in the Black Garden which I found to be strange (it put me past the Divisive Mind). Made to the final boss and went back into orbit and tried starting the mission again. It put me right back at the final boss fight. Decided to beat the final boss and wait until the mission complete status popped up before going back into orbit and trying the mission yet again. This time it started at the beginning of the mission.

So even though I had completed the same bounty a couple of weeks back but never really finished the whole story mission, the game saw fit to make me continue the mission. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
This is called "checkpoints". Are you only discovering it now? ^^
This is actually a great feature for those bounties...

Zakalwe

Banned
Anybody want to join on a
Crota team? We've got 2 Lv31s and got him down to ~5%
but one of our teammates hit the girlfriend enrage timer.

I'm sure if you had a check point
after the bridge but before the Deathsinger
then you could solo that
hallway
easily.

Did you manage to drop him yet? Are you using the strat where you all run to the underground room? Did you get any decent loot?

We would have to it last night I reckon but I had work today and had to be sensible. Would you be up for running it this evening around 8pm gmt?

So many questions.

k1t4j

This is called "checkpoints". Are you only discovering it now? ^^
This is actually a great feature for those bounties...

Yup use it all the time. Great time saver if you play it smart.

For example, the bounty to kill 20 guys in a row with a fusion rifle, where do you usualy do it? Awaking the hive right?

So just play that mission get the bounty and quit. That CP gets saved and you can use it whenever you want.

Another example I had a bounty in Mars to go kill a Vex minotaur (don't recal the actually name but it's that one where you go into the metro tunnels) anyways kill the guy, complete the bounty and back out that thing gets saved as long as you always choose the same difficulty.

Best part is, you can have as many CP of these in the story missions as you want :)

Midas

Yup use it all the time. Great time saver if you play it smart.

For example, the bounty to kill 20 guys in a row with a fusion rifle, where do you usualy do it? Awaking the hive right?

So just play that mission get the bounty and quit. That CP gets saved and you can use it whenever you want.

Another example I had a bounty in Mars to go kill a Vex minotaur (don't recal the actually name but it's that one where you go into the metro tunnels) anyways kill the guy, complete the bounty and back out that thing gets saved as long as you always choose the same difficulty.

Best part is, you can have as many CP of these in the story missions as you want :)

Sometimes the checkpoints are a bit buggy for me. I pick restart, rather then resume, when I pick the mission. I still end up at the checkpoint.

Sometimes the checkpoints are a bit buggy for me. I pick restart, rather then resume, when I pick the mission. I still end up at the checkpoint.

Yeah, it does that any time you pick a harder difficulty. It's like you can only reset the default for whatever reason.

Nodnol

Press the same button you do to restart as you do to select difficulty.

So on Xbox, A is Resume, X is Restart. Despite no prompt when choosing the difficulty, pressing X again to confirm seems I work 100% of the time, from my experience anyway. Guess that would be square on PS?

I have checkpoints all over the place. Waking the hive, end of Buried City etc. Very useful for plenty of bounties.

Got Vanguard commendation but I'll hold onto it until Xur shows up. And as for story missions having checkpoints, keep that checkpoint nonsense for the Raid

Fistwell

Just run to the spawn place. If its not there, die and repeat. Did it on all 3 yesterday. Took 2 tries on titan, 26 on Hunter and 7 on Warlock.
Cool, thanks.
Were you checking only first door or also the second one as well? Dunno if it's worth it.

Manp

Alts fast leveling in few hours from level 16 to 27 like I did mine (had exotic + legendary armors ready in Vault).
I have shitloads of Hardronic warlock thingies. Hunter alt has difficulties to get sapphire wires.

I use Strikes to get them tho.

that makes perfect sense thinking about it.
for a moment there i thought there was some different use to materials i wasn't aware of.

Display bug, actually has 87 rounds

i wonder why they don't care about fixing this king of things.
same for Truth and Gheleon's Demise among others i bet.

void666

Banned
Great. Divisive mind did not showup in the Black Garden mission and restarting still does not work.

Someone probably already answered this but here it goes. To reset the mission when you choose the difficulty instead of X, press square. Ps4 obviously. On xbox it's X instead of A i suppose.

We've got a team of 4 31s and 1 30 about to
kill Crota
but one guy had to drop. PSN is DrDrizzay101, Lv30 is fine we don't need any more 31s, hah.

Namikaze1

I need 5 level 30/31s for
Bridge/Totem
Crota's End Checkpoint. I'll be running it in an hour and a half. I just need to beat this part to catch up with my team before we continue later on in the day.

PSN is namikaze1

Top Bottom