• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Temidien

Neo Member
I was thinking about the new leveling system. A lot of people I play with have been saying "I'm skipping the Vendor armor and going straight for Raid Armor". But Bungie noticed people were doing that with the VoG Armor and they don't want you to do that anymore and they designed a new system that makes that strategy a very bad one.

(1) Life as a 30 in the normal CE raid (not a real spoiler):
It's like going into the VoG as a 26.
(2) You need 84 Radiant Shards to level up your CE raid gear whenever you get a full set. Or you need 63 to level up 3 pieces + an exotic. That feels like it would take 6-8 weeks of raiding if you are only doing it on one character and if you do it every week and if you are lucky with your drops. So even if you get the good drops your going to be waiting a while (even if you want to get to 31 with one piece of CE Raid gear and one exotic it is still a long wait for the Radiant Shards).
(3) Bungie has made it really easy and very painless to level up your new Vendor armor if you have been playing the VoG and have a decent stack of Ascendant Shards. It doesn't even require you wasting any of your new and currently scarce Radiant shards that you will need to level up your future CE raid armor.

Message: If you are a raider it's not a good idea to "go straight for Raid Armor" you have to bite the bullet and level up to 31 with Vendor gear. You only need (1) VoG or IB piece of 30 light gear and (2) pieces of Vendor 33 light gear and (1) new post-DLC or upgraded exotic. Or four pieces of new Vendor Armor whichever you can get first IMO.

Thanks for breaking this down, it confirms the fuzzy math I was doing in my head yesterday regarding getting to 31 to be more effective in raid.

EL CUCO

Shoulder charged 5 Wizards. My god. Worst fucking bounty ever.
M7AjYVI.jpg

Seep

I think we all quit too early lvl 30's seem to be doing fine past where we gave up.

lol I sure dont anymore, soz!
I figured someone was going to not be greedy and hold on to it? Maybe I presumed too much? In any case, I feel confident we can redo what we had done much quicker now.

Broon will still have it I just know it!

I've lost it by getting that chest I think.

I should 31 by Friday though if there are spaces. Muscle is already I think.

Maybe not, greedy chest raider.

I should be 31 tonight hopefully.

Cool. You can revive Koji.

Ice cold.

Temidien

Neo Member
Anyone up for Nightfall/Weekly tonight at around 5:30 PM EST? Figured we could run the weekly first to learn the strike then go into Nightfall from there (unless we're feeling adventurous).

X-Frame

I want to Titan raid armor badly enough that I am thinking about deleting either my Warlock or Hunter (who are both 30) just to make room for another Titan.

I could store the exotic and Legendary pieces I have to hit 30 for whatever class I delete in the vault so that whenever I decide to re-create them, they can instantly hit 30 again at the very least. Hmm.

I want to Titan raid armor badly enough that I am thinking about deleting either my Warlock or Hunter (who are both 30) just to make room for another Titan.

I could store the exotic and Legendary pieces I have to hit 30 for whatever class I delete in the vault so that whenever I decide to re-create them, they can instantly hit 30 again at the very least. Hmm.
I have ran with two warlocks for awhile now. For VoG it seems almost like a requirement since armor drops are so scarce and random.

Bungie said they adjusted the loot logic this time so hopefully it won't be the case. But with the sheer number of shards needed to upgrade the new raid gear, we are going to have to run this raid a ton of times anyway. I think in the end all the drops will come eventually so I'm not sure if it's needed as much. It depends on how quickly you want to get the 3-4 pieces needed for 32. They will most like sit there not fully upgraded for awhile.

Navid

...so it seems even the daily mission today is DLC content, guess that just leaves me with bounties today.

Bit crazy on Bungies part wanting people spending coins/material to level up items and then locking that stuff up for this week for non DLC people. L(

Namikaze1

Why do I need a Runed Core for the first of the Ascendant upgrades?! Why couldn't it have been the last like Exotics with Exotic Shards?!

Why do I need a Runed Core for the first of the Ascendant upgrades?! Why couldn't it have been the last like Exotics with Exotic Shards?!
Murmur was originally a rare item that could evolve to legendary. My guess is they changed it so you get the legendary version right away but kept the runed core as an upgrade component. It also forces you to grind out rep.

monome

tho I still have a hard ass time to play the game as I have few friends to play along, I'm happy the DLC had an easy path to get a legendary weapon. feels good.

lvl 26 feels so weak tho...
gonna do me some PvP in hopes of getting stuff.

broony

I think we all quit too early lvl 30's seem to be doing fine past where we gave up.

Yeah I think we could have got it, but Wrynnax was having a hard time with network shit and then arnoodt had to come in blind mid attempt.

I think we just need to work on what everyone is supposed to be tasked with in that bit and once you get over the confusion it should be OK.

I also got a new higher level auto rifle from the nighfall and murmur which I should have fairly levelled up by Friday

ocean

Banned
Has it been confirmed helmet only drops on Heroic Crota's end? Now that I think about it that'd mean I'll need to use an Exotic helm to reach 32 so I need to say goodbye to Armamentarium until Hard launches :(

Deku Tree

Has it been confirmed helmet only drops on Heroic Crota's end? Now that I think about it that'd mean I'll need to use an Exotic helm to reach 32 so I need to say goodbye to Armamentarium until Hard launches :(

Haven't seen confirmation but I assume it is true. Not 100% sure. You also need at least 63 radiant shards to reach 32 and those only drop in the raid.

noomi

Switched my Vex to max stability and range. Never going back, sucks to not have 35 shots in the mag, but dat stability and range tho!

Rixa

Plan C is pretty awesome for it too. Better range and impact. Loved it.

That one exotic weapon limit tho :(. Since VM is my best weapon (and its maxed 323) & being exotic I need to wear legendaries in other slots. Sure if I didnt have VM, Plan C would be in use.

So lets talk about your raid armor and the elusive hawkmoon :p

Victrix

*beard*
Oh pretty decent in that case. Does it have a stability upgrade? Seems to be very useful for the raid especially with Dark Breaker.

Does not, but it has surprisingly good stability out of the box - it also has Grenadier. It's built to shred Epic Knights, the arc will drop their shield and that perk will let you keep shooting when they put up their wall (hell, it makes them easier because they'll be stationary and you can keep headshotting them).

I've got a 'new' weapon for every non primary category now, fusion through hmg. Can't get primaries till the hard raid launches though, and if they're Crota only drops, that may be awhile, because it's going to take 63/84 Radiant Shards to max raid armor to level 32, and that's assuming I even get all three/four pieces.

The first two fights should be clearable at 31, I have some suspicions about what they may do in the Hard version of the Crota fight. We'll see.

Anyone else expecting a Xur strange coin price hike tomorrow? I suspect that now exotics are easier to level, they are going to cost more to buy. I really hope he sells Icebreaker or Ballerhorn upgrade tomorrow. They still seem very solid at 300 attack, I can't imagine them at 331 !

Mrgamer

Have 600 marks 130 crucible markss and 2 commendations new pair of dlc gloves and lots of mats and asses.

No sure what to do.Might just wait till tomorrow and see what xur has on offer as i dont like the vendor gear look.
My sexy awoken needs to look good

Bizazedo

That was me :( Apparantly Atheon does drop new versions of exotics though (331 AP cap), so maybe the gorgon chest loot being old is a bug?

As far as I know he doesn't. Ran the old raid a few times this week, people were getting old exotics. Even off Atheon.

Cosmos, you got an old Icebreaker, yes?

New raid thoughts. It's easier than VoG was, even once we got geared up. Probably due to less bugs overall + we have a better idea of what to do + pre-formed teams.

Way too much of it is still "Okay, and then, Gjallahorn the shit out of it."

Part after the bridge is not as bad with all 30's as I thought.....mainly due to Gjallahorn.

It feels shorter than VoG....but it's also more fun than VoG. Probably because we're doing things legit ;).

(Templar and Templar's Oracles is not legit imo).

Also, Titan flashbangs are awesome.

I got a blue and a purple engram for doing the weekly heroic at level 30 last night. The blue decoded for a legendary helmet (33 light) and the purple decoded for a helm of inmost light. Aw hell yeah.

Seep

Yeah I think we could have got it, but Wrynnax was having a hard time with network shit and then arnoodt had to come in blind mid attempt.

I think we just need to work on what everyone is supposed to be tasked with in that bit and once you get over the confusion it should be OK.

I also got a new higher level auto rifle from the nighfall and murmur which I should have fairly levelled up by Friday

We'll do it first time on Friday.

Nightfall is hard as fuck this week still haven't done one, although I know a single blue engram awaits me.

broony

We'll do it first time on Friday.

Nightfall is hard as fuck this week still haven't done one, although I know a single blue engram awaits me.

I didn't find it too bad. I'll do it with you tonight if you like, would appreciate if you could do the weekly with me as well. Both have Arc so bring your Fatebringer.

Finally. After 7 Legendary engram drops the past two days, I received actual Legendary gear (for those that missed my fit of rage, I've been getting non stop assShards). Randu Vindicator chest piece. Wish it had intellect, but the trade-off for both strength and discipline for that will be suitable for now. Only need two more 33 light pieces for 31.
Anyone up for Nightfall/Weekly tonight at around 5:30 PM EST? Figured we could run the weekly first to learn the strike then go into Nightfall from there (unless we're feeling adventurous).

I'm in if you still have room.

I'd like to do Nightfall first for the XP boost though if we can manage it.

noomi

So today's Heroic Daily is locked to DLC owners, and has to be played at level 30?

Fine with me, just curious...

Seep

That inside-bra pea shooter thang? Wait, no it's the updated shadow price, many impact, much godly. No it's not? Yes it is, it's the same damn icon! What do you mean "do you even read?"

Good times.

Lol you remember way too much stuff, I'm going to have to be careful of what I say in future.

Top Bottom