• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

spyder_ur

6pm EST. I'm a bit flexible with time too

I haven't had a chance to venture in yet and am only level 30, but if you were running it from the top I'd be down - 5:30 central might be a little more comfortable for me than 5. I probably can only play for about 3 hours though.

I can't believe I finally hit 30 and am already saying "only level 30". It's like being 29 for a hard raid all over again.

Haybro

I had to laugh...

I finally climbed out of the forever29 hole thanks to the new vanguard chest piece. So after running into a wall with my group on the CE raid, we decided to run a normal VOG as a palate cleanser.

I picked up boots, gloves, AND the ever elusive chest piece all in one run... unbelievable.

matmanx1

The OT title is pretty much right on. Despite my misgivings about the way that some of the DLC features have been handled I have still played with my regular fireteam the last two nights.

The second and third story missions were very fun and then the Nightfall last night was intense and a good challenge. We only wiped once, right at the beginning and then were pretty solid until the very last part where we narrowly avoided a wipe to exploding thralls.

For rewards I got the upgraded Patience and Time and one of my buddies got the new MIDA so we had a good run.

At this point the way to play Destiny seems to be to just enjoy the ride and not worry too much about the gear and the upgrades. The experience is still a good one but the grind can crush your dreams if you let it.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I played through the story missions last night. Not bad, but very short. At least there are new bounties. And I still need to do the strike. Raid too, but I only got through the VoG once as it's hard to get time to get a group together for me.

DLC wasn't working at first. Turned out I had bought the digital guardian edition but didn't do the separate download of the season pass. Had also missed the extra content (sparrow, emblem etc.). Silly that didn't just download with the game.

WipedOut

Bungie needs to look at adding ways of getting double crucible marks for a few games or something similar. The weekly strike hands out 25+ vanguard marks and it would be great to have that option with crucible marks.

100 a week just doesn't cut it. They need to raise the cap, at least to 300 and have a free for all weekend where you can max out your cap, or at least make it so that Marks spread across your players like glimmer does.

PuMa

Xur will have the slots for exotics that he usually has, then he will have a bunch of Upgrades for various exotics.

Hopefully he will have Mythoclast, Gjallarhorn and a helmet for hunter or Warlock tomorrow to upgrade.

Is the Mythoclast being upgraded again?

westtrade

Neo Member
I am looking for 5 other level 31 or 32 players to finish off Crota tonight.
Post here and I will add you as a friend.
PSN:westtrade

1.westtrade (LVL 31 Titan)

Have you done it before? I haven't yet and want to go in semi-blind.

No I havent. All I know is whats been said on GAF. Not that it helps much haha. So can I put you down?

CE fresh Raid, 7pm GMT

1. Me - 30 warlock
2. Raindoc - 30 Titan
3. Braxzy?
4. Drubbed - 31

Namikaze1

That part went pretty good. Aside from a few hiccups, we didn't even get wiped for that part which is damn good in my book. And in under 20 minutes no less. Still don't think flawless is possible on this raid.

Namikaze1

Also, to the gaffers that suggested Titans use Flashbang grenades, a big thank you. It's been a long while since I played as a Striker so I forgot how useful that grenade is.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Anyone wanna play the new Raid right now? I have a Japanese dude with me, haha. Should prove to be an interesting experience. Will probably stream.
www.twitch.tv/hedgey

We're doing the new story missions at the moment

Add Hedgeyy on PS4

What time? I speak Japanese fairly fluently if communication is a problem.

edit- nevermind, I thought it said tonight, not right now.

MADGAME

I haven't had a chance to venture in yet and am only level 30, but if you were running it from the top I'd be down - 5:30 central might be a little more comfortable for me than 5.

I can't believe I finally hit 30 and am already saying "only level 30".

Lol, yeah the constant grindwall updates definitely instill that mentality. Level 30 works, and the time frame for me does also. Do you have any upgraded raid weapons? Certainly other weapons will work, but Fatebringers totally annihilate the
Thrall onslaught
in the beginning, and also work well at the
bridge section
. Upgraded VoC is helpful at the end but certainly there are other options.

A couple 31's and a couple Gjallahorns would make things a bit less difficult.

Can't believe we did the 2nd checkpoint in one shot lol

We've got 3 of us left wanting to try and do Crota. 2 31s I think. Who wants in? PS4 btw

Deku Tree

Can't believe we did the 2nd checkpoint in one shot lol

We've got 3 of us left wanting to try and do Crota. 2 31s I think. Who wants in? PS4 btw

Aboslutely we had 5 31's I think and it really makes a difference. Knowing what to do and being 31 speeds things up so much.

have a 31 hunter

psn arassuil

I need 5 level 30/31s for
Bridge/Totem
Crota's End Checkpoint. I'll be running it in an hour and a half. I just need to beat this part to catch up with my team before we continue later on in the day.

PSN is namikaze1

I can do it today.

I'm down too nami

Wouldn't mind doing the first checkpoint though for my Hunter

You are starting in about 45 mins? If so I can join 31 warlock. PSN is Darknyss.

Thanks Team! And we got the extra timed chest too! Now I have warlock CE Raid gloves & chest & boots. Here is what they look like...

8OHqzvW.jpg

Give me an exotic helm and I can make it to 32 eventually.... but I think it's gonna be a long long time until I can upgrade them to 32 though. That grind for radiant shards looks real.

broony

Vanguard Roc is not a Nightfall playlist. It is a playlist Dark Below content on Normal Difficulty, at Level 26.

It would be so anti-climactic if Dark Below came out and the weekly event was just some strike we've already done 4 times over. Everybody wants to see how the new strikes play on higher difficulties. I'm not sure why so many expected them to keep milking old stuff when they have new content to slide into rotation.

The DLC nightfall is also listed on the screen separately.

Nodnol

Hey all,

Has anyone gone into HM VoG as a 31? Does it make it significantly easier?

My normal raid party of two 30's and three 29's could never quite manager it.

Edit: That armor looks awesome Deku. Anyone seen the full Hunter gear?

Deku Tree

Did you guys finish last night?

No... I dropped out at 3:30 am with Cuco... we were the last two from our original team besides Boguester. (DrDrizzay).. Boguester was not wearing the emblem when I woke up this morning so he may not have finished it either but he kept going after we left.

I watched a different strategy this morning that looks promising on youtube and I think it's very do-able it just requires extreme co-odination and very few mistakes.
From the video's it looks like some teams are able to take a lot more damage off of Crota than we were doing on each attempt. They can take him out in 3-4 trips.

I put in work yesterday, even though I was off my actual "work." I play about ~10 hours.

3 Nightfalls:
Glass House (Titan helm)
Symbiote (Hunter helm)
Crash (shotgun, meh)

Vanguard Packages:
The Devil You Don't (terrible perk roll)
(2) commendations (1 for each character's package)

Truth (Rocket Launcher) from purple daily mission engram.

I purchased the other 3 pieces of vanguard gear for Titan and did bounties, DLC missions, and farmed farmed farmed for millions of helium, had to be hundreds. Had no marks to purchase.

I'm about 10 steel plating short to get him to 31 but I'll grind vanguard tiger playlist tonight (and spirit bloom for last two upgrades)

----

I'm waiting for tomorrow to deal with my Warlock. I have about 300 marks to spend on gear but I wanna see what Xur has first so I know what to purchase.

Aboslutely we had 5 31's I think and it really makes a difference. Knowing what to do and being 31 speeds things up so much.

Thanks Team! And we got the extra timed chest too! Now I have warlock CE Raid gloves & chest & boots. Here is what they look like...

Give me an exotic helm and I can make it to 32 eventually.... but I think it's gonna be a long long time until I can upgrade them to 32 though. That grind for radiant shards looks real.
Nice! No armor drops for me on this run.

I have Crota left to do on two characters. Does anyone know if armor can drop from him or is it just weapons?

Btw, I would be down to join a Crota group this evening. Around 7:30 EST is when the baby goes to bed so anytime after that is good.

MADGAME

No... I dropped out at 3:30 am with Cuco... we were the last two from our original team besides Boguester. (DrDrizzay).. Boguester was not wearing the emblem when I woke up this morning so he may not have finished it either but he kept going after we left.

I watched a different strategy this morning that looks promising on youtube and I think it's very do-able it just requires extreme co-odination and very few mistakes.
From the video's it looks like some teams are able to take a lot more damage off of Crota than we were doing on each attempt. They can take him out in 3-4 trips.

Aww man, sorry to hear. Can you post a spoiler tagged summary of what we would have needed to do differently? Or inbox me.

Like you said, having more 31's would be immensely helpful but doable with 30s. Get that Vendor/Faction gear, raiders!

I'd be up to join you tonight. Won't be 31 until tomorrow though. Xur plz.
Let's do it. And yeah, tomorrow is a very important Xur day. If he flops yet again he will have finally and permanently broken me.

rNilla

30 Ascendant Shards away from having another Level 31. That last character is going to have to wait a while though, damn.

8OHqzvW.jpg

Holy shit! 3 raid armour pieces in one run?

Had a good little time on Destiny last night.

Upgraded my Thorn (my new baby) to pick up the DoT perk and Send-It. Makes it a completely different weapon. I have it up to 312 attack. Hoping to get it to 331 by tomorrow night's blind raid.

Hit level 31 on my Hunter after doing a Roc strike. Turned in some blues and leveled up the cryptarch. Dude gave me a legendary engram that turned into Young Amakahablahblah's Spine gauntlets (Hunter exotic from a legendary engram? Praise Him).

Then did the normal VoG raid for some shards/energy and picked up 2 pieces of raid gear. Yes, I know they aren't viable anymore but damn it felt good to see those pop up for some odd reason.

Also, dude I was raiding with picked up the Hawkmoon from a chest and the Horn from Atheon. Everything I touched last night turned to gold. Granted, would have been better had I picked up the Horn... only weapon that still eludes me...

Did you sleep yet? it was fun attempting with the team last night.

Nope. I ran it straight until right now when we just got it. Holy fucking shit that was intense. The party chat was still called DekuBleep's Party, haha!

If anybody needs a
Lv31 sword assassin I can run Crota's ass into the ground all day with my Titan.

GG TEAM!!!

I am!

Router_Go_Vroom

Cool. Just one more

Lets kick Crota's shiny metal ass

Nope. I ran it straight until right now when we just got it. Holy fucking shit that was intense. The party chat was still called DekuBleep's Party, haha!

If anybody needs a
Lv31 sword assassin I can run Crota's ass into the ground all day with my Titan.

GG TEAM!!!

When you say all day do you mean now? :p

Midas

Two runs to the halfway point. Yup... It looks like Bungie upped the drop rate but made it extremely difficult to get Radiant Shards so if you want to get to 32 quickly... Bungie says too bad... even if you have the armor.

So in the end, it doesn't really matter if you get the gear quick. You still need to farm the raid every week.

Deku Tree

If anybody needs a

GG TEAM!!!

Congrats! You are dedicated! We have a team forming right now if you want in (look at the post above...)

If anybody needs a

GG TEAM!!!

Care to join us? Starting at 7pm GMT or in about 3.5 hours

Top Bottom