• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

forrest

formerly nacire
I keep seeing titan or warlock bounties at Eris on my Hunter. Is this random or should I be getting one for my Hunter?

GhaleonEB

...so it seems even the daily mission today is DLC content, guess that just leaves me with bounties today.

Bit crazy on Bungies part wanting people spending coins/material to level up items and then locking that stuff up for this week for non DLC people. L(

The daily is level 30 only, no option to put it down any pegs. So I own the DLC and I'm locked out of it. :\

Bladelaw

Holding off on picking up the Vanguard Helmet until I see what Xur has this weekend. I'm sitting on 74 motes and 36 strange coins so I should be able to pick up what I need for my Hunter assuming Xur is either offering upgrades or has a fresh helmet for sale.

I'll be 31 as soon as that last piece is leveled up.

broony

So today's Heroic Daily is locked to DLC owners, and has to be played at level 30?

Fine with me, just curious...

I wonder if they have fucked up and they were supposed to give you the regular mission or the DLC mission to choose from, so non DLC could still play. I wonder if they meant to do that with the weekly and nightfall as well, seeing as there is a separate DLC nightfall playlist in the vanguard menu.

Seems really wrong otherwise.

Shito

I keep seeing titan or warlock bounties at Eris on my Hunter. Is this random or should I be getting one for my Hunter?
Those class specific bounties are quite unfair and shitty...
Wanna rank up the faction as fast as anyone else? Too bad, the RNG didn't chose your class!

Rixa

Is an emblem an Eris class item?

Nope, it didn't work for me when I tried for the bounty yesterday. Should only count for cloaks/marks/bonds.

Bond is right? I finished bunch of Eris quests yesterday and got "Curse of the Hidden" warlock bond.

CotH.PNG

forrest

formerly nacire
Those class specific bounties are quite unfair and shitty...
Wanna rank up the faction as fast as anyone else? Too bad, the RNG didn't chose your class!

Okay so it's just another layer of RNG being used as a gate. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug or something.

Got this from a Vanguard package, an alternate of the gun sold through the Crucible quartermaster. Exactly like the fatebringer with no arc damage. Has explosive rounds and firefly but higher rate of fire and bigger mag. It's been doing magic in the raid with the area of effect damage on groups of enemies.

ocean

Banned
Got this from a Vanguard package, an alternate of the gun sold through the Crucible quartermaster. Exactly like the fatebringer with no arc damage. Has explosive rounds and firefly but higher rate of fire and bigger mag. It's been doing magic in the raid with the area of effect damage on groups of enemies.
Is Firefly a random perk or does the vendor version have it?

Fistwell

I didn't find it too bad. I'll do it with you tonight if you like, would appreciate if you could do the weekly with me as well. Both have Arc so bring your Fatebringer.
I'll join too if you'll have me. NF wasn't that bad. I blame Arnoodt's gloating comments for how slow we ended up being. (I'll bring 2 fatebringers, Seep can borrow one)

border

I wonder if they have fucked up and they were supposed to give you the regular mission or the DLC mission to choose from, so non DLC could still play. I wonder if they meant to do that with the weekly and nightfall as well, seeing as there is a separate DLC nightfall playlist in the vanguard menu.

Vanguard Roc is not a Nightfall playlist. It is a playlist Dark Below content on Normal Difficulty, at Level 26.

It would be so anti-climactic if Dark Below came out and the weekly event was just some strike we've already done 4 times over. Everybody wants to see how the new strikes play on higher difficulties. I'm not sure why so many expected them to keep milking old stuff when they have new content to slide into rotation.

Hedgey

Anyone wanna play the new Raid right now? I have a Japanese dude with me, haha. Should prove to be an interesting experience. Will probably stream.
www.twitch.tv/hedgey

We're doing the new story missions at the moment

Add Hedgeyy on PS4

Shito

Fair enough! I'm not happy about it either, but it's not enough for me to be real riled up over.
Yeah no, me neither, but it's what, the third day in a row with nothing for hunters?
That means already a deficit of 150 rep compared to titan / warlock (I don't know which one showed up twice). Shit is dumb...

Definity

Bungie needs to look at adding ways of getting double crucible marks for a few games or something similar. The weekly strike hands out 25+ vanguard marks and it would be great to have that option with crucible marks.

Not sure if this is known or not...

... But will Xur have two different kinds of weapons: Ones for upgrade and One(s) for purchase outright?

Or will he have , for example, 6 exotic weapons that can be purchased straight out or upgraded?

If its the latter, than if you don't have the 7000 glimmer for the upgrade, you can just delete your weapon and buy it from Xur with coins straight up.

realcZk

Not sure if this is known or not...

... But will Xur have two different kinds of weapons: Ones for upgrade and One(s) for purchase outright?

Or will he have , for example, 6 exotic weapons that can be purchased straight out or upgraded?

If its the latter, than if you don't have the 7000 glimmer for the upgrade, you can just delete your weapon and buy it from Xur with coins straight up.

In the image they showed for the changes, Xur had slots for his regular wares and then 6 armor/6 weapons to offer upgrades for.

Ambitious

I must be missing something.
When you look at an item in some vendor's inventory in the Destiny app, you can see its stats but not the price.
When you look at an item on bungie.net, you can see its price but not its stats.

This can't be right.

MADGAME

31 Titan looking to Raid about 5pm Central. I have 2 Crota Checkpoints or we can start fresh. However you like it, baby.

Xur will have the slots for exotics that he usually has, then he will have a bunch of Upgrades for various exotics.

Hopefully he will have Mythoclast, Gjallarhorn and a helmet for hunter or Warlock tomorrow to upgrade.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
why no dark below cutscenes? i want more story, not the same old shit delivered in a slightly different way.

Top Bottom