• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

spyder_ur

Lol, yeah the constant grindwall updates definitely instill that mentality. Level 30 works, and the time frame for me does also. Do you have any upgraded raid weapons? Certainly other weapons will work, but Fatebringers totally annihilate the
Thrall onslaught
in the beginning, and also work well at the
bridge section
. Upgraded VoC is helpful at the end but certainly there are other options.

A couple 31's and a couple Gjallahorns would make things a bit less difficult.

Yeah I've got FateBringer (not quite maxed but boy it's fun against the thralls in Nightfall) and maxed VoC, Horn, P&T, etc. My 30 is a Titan and I've heard Striker is much more valuable in this raid then past PvE content, which is great.

Would love to go, but I might not be your man if you are 100% dedicated to clearing Crota. I just want to get in and try it, and have some fun for a few hours.

No I havent. All I know is whats been said on GAF. Not that it helps much haha. So can I put you down?

CE fresh Raid, 7pm GMT

1. Me - 30 warlock
2. Raindoc - 30 Titan
3. Braxzy?
4. Drubbed - 31

I'm in if you still have space. Never played it before
other than to grab the chest lol
. Level 30 Warlock.

Namikaze1

Strikers are underappreciated in the raids. Still useful.

you 31 yet?

Math can you play tonight? I will be on the usual time.

raid raid raid raid raid raid
I'm gonna be a little late today. Probably 15-30 minutes late. I have two finals and the last one won't end till 5:30 PM EST. I'll probably get out sooner than that but I take the city bus and from school to near where I live is a 25-30 minute bus drive.

LiK

I'm gonna be a little late today. Probably 15-30 minutes late. I have two finals and the last one won't end till 5:30 PM EST. I'll probably get out sooner than that but I take the city bus and from school to near where I live is a 25-30 minute bus drive.

No biggie, we probably won't start until 6:30-7PM anyways.

TP-DK

Has anyone tried the new handcannon you can buy from the crucible vendor? I need a New handcannon to replace TDYK, and I sure as hell ain't getting TDYD.

MADGAME

I'll join :)
Sounds good, PSN same as GAF

Two runs to the halfway point. Yup... It looks like Bungie upped the drop rate but made it extremely difficult to get Radiant Shards so if you want to get to 32 quickly... Bungie says too bad... even if you have the armor.
nsfu_zps14bc6917.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah I've got FateBringer (not quite maxed but boy it's fun against the thralls in Nightfall) and maxed VoC, Horn, P&T, etc. My 30 is a Titan and I've heard Striker is much more valuable in this raid then past PvE content, which is great.

Would love to go, but I might not be your man if you are 100% dedicated to clearing Crota. I just want to get in and try it, and have some fun for a few hours.
Hey no worries, that is exactly the same mentality I have. With new content and players still getting exposure for the first time there is an acclimation period. I am committed to killing Crota but if we don't complete it's no sweat!

EL CUCO

Here at work with 3 hours of sleep and all I can think of is kicking Crotas ass.

After looking at a few other people's playthrough, I'm convinced our strategy last night is the best (safest?) option. Sucks that we couldn't finish the deal
after having him so low on health
, but being that it was the first time in the encounter for all of us except one person, it was kinda more about learning than looting.

We gonna take dat crusty Crota end tonight, though!

Drubbed

Banned
I'm in if you still have space. Never played it before
other than to grab the chest lol
. Level 30 Warlock.

I will be around just might not be 31 maybe still 30 as I calculated the light wrong....

I have done the raid before and will try my best to keep my mouth shut and only give any form of advice if we're truly stuck :D

gdt

Anyone down to do a quick ish hard mode VoG? Need shards. And hopefully some exotics too.

1. Gdt

Ps4 gdt5016

spyder_ur

Aww man, sorry to hear. Can you post a spoiler tagged summary of what we would have needed to do differently? Or inbox me.

Like you said, having more 31's would be immensely helpful but doable with 30s. Get that Vendor/Faction gear, raiders!

Let's do it. And yeah, tomorrow is a very important Xur day. If he flops yet again he will have finally and permanently broken me.

Yup, I've got 60 coins and 72 motes burning a whole in my pocket. What he sells/has to upgrade will go a long way to determining how I get my three characters to 31.

realcZk

TOMORROW NIGHT IS BLIND RAID NIGHT FOR MY TEAM
MAY THE MYTHOCLAST FREE US FROM THE HORDES OF DARKNESS
AND THE HYPEBRINGER DELIVER US FROM EVIL
AS WE ICEBREAKER OUR WAY TO FREEDOM ON THE BALLERHORN TRAIN

KlUU8V4.gif

hueeeyyyyyyyppeeee

LordofPwn

That moment when you realize you got rid of your upgraded IB boots on your alt because you had gotten the VoG raid boots, but spent all of your shards getting your main to 31 and forgot to fully upgrade them. #stuckat28

dB Viper

So has anyone tried to get the first chest again today (24 hours later)? I read that loot drops have been resetting after 24 hours and not each Tuesday? Has someone tried yet?

so far i think crota's end is really intelligently designed. the puzzles are engaging and pose a realistic challenge to the player. i never felt like i was being unnecessarily overwhelmed with adds or doing something that made absolutely no sense. there wasn't a moment i wasn't enjoying myself (lag nonwithstanding). the first time i went through the vault of glass i thought the templar fight for instance felt sloppy and i didn't want to go back.

i hope the raids only go up from here. gonna be farming the shit out of this one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I like it more, but that could just be novelty. I think the encounters are a lot of fun, especially
the bridge.

Yeah, that might be it... I mean, VoG was a ton of fun in the beginning. It was only after 30 runs did I start to get tired of it. Taking a newbie into VoG was always fun because it was always full of "this is awesome!" and "whoa!"

spyder_ur

Hey no worries, that is exactly the same mentality I have. With new content and players still getting exposure for the first time there is an acclimation period. I am committed to killing Crota but if we don't complete it's no sweat!

Sounds good to me then. Should be home around 5:30 EST and ready to go by 6:30 EST.
Won't start drinking until 9 or so, so we should be able to make some progress.

Sign me up.

KlUU8V4.gif

hueeeyyyyyyyppeeee

I am really excited. I got all my shit ready. I hit 31, I got my maxed Mytho, IB and FB ready. At least Shep has the Horn. I'm sure he'll pick up all the raid gear tomorrow in one go.

I'm wondering how my new best friend, Thorn, will do in the raid. I have it up to 312 now. Not sure if I can hit 331 with it by tomorrow night but I'll try.

rNilla

I like it more, but that could just be novelty. I think the encounters are a lot of fun, especially
the bridge.

Yeah not sure if it's mostly because it's new but it's a lot of fun and easily the best part of the DLC. I like how
the bridge forces everyone on the team to carry the sword, so no designated relic holders
. VoG is still fun but now Confluxes / Oracles are a boring chore. I wonder how CE will feel after running it a dozen times.

Congrats! You are dedicated! We have a team forming right now if you want in (look at the post above...)

Care to join us? Starting at 7pm GMT or in about 3.5 hours

We're trying to run just the beginning part of the raid on our alts but once this group breaks up I will be down to help for sure.

To the team: I'm switching weapons now but still trying to do the fresh raid. I just had to reset my PS4 and router.

realcZk

I am really excited. I got all my shit ready. I hit 31, I got my maxed Mytho, IB and FB ready. At least Shep has the Horn. I'm sure he'll pick up all the raid gear tomorrow in one go.

I'm wondering how my new best friend, Thorn, will do in the raid. I have it up to 312 now. Not sure if I can hit 331 with it by tomorrow night but I'll try.

Not sure, Thorn will probably be great unless we get hammered with huge swarms of thrall or something, in which case I probably can't see it outperforming FB or the mythoclast.

LiK

so far i think crota's end is really intelligently designed. the puzzles are engaging and pose a realistic challenge to the player. i never felt like i was being unnecessarily overwhelmed with adds or doing something that made absolutely no sense. there wasn't a moment i wasn't enjoying myself (lag nonwithstanding). the first time i went through the vault of glass i thought the templar fight for instance felt sloppy and i didn't want to go back.

i hope the raids only go up from here. gonna be farming the shit out of this one.

It's way less of a slog. I think a full team of 31-32s can bust through it super fast. Sadly, I will not be there to witness it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is the Weekly Strike soloable as a 30 w/ maxed arc weapons?

You CAN, but the weekly/nightfall are just a lot easier/faster with a team, much moreso than the previous nightfalls. The last boss is just annoying and everything is doing arc damage.

LordofPwn

people who've played crota's end (at least half):

how do you like it compared to vault of glass?
I like it more, just disappointed in length. Speedrunning might be really fun, because
it really feels like you need to always be moving and killing things while progressing forward. and i especially love how everyone has to be working. no being a sherpa and carrying a team.

KlUU8V4.gif

hueeeyyyyyyyppeeee
May your mythoclast be upgraded and free to burn, and your hypebringer ready to explode as you constantly ask yourself: Icebreaker or ballerhorn?

zewone

people who've played crota's end (at least half):

how do you like it compared to vault of glass?

I like CE more, just because I find the mechanics much more interesting than defend these three things or shoot these yellow orbs before you die.

VOG spends too much time in the Templar's Well and the first half gets really boring.

Top Bottom