• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Navy Bean

The new Nightfall is more annoying than fun. It's basically the same thing 3 times over. Sit back in a room and pick off waves of shielded enemies that are shelling you with Arc weapons...

zewone

Nope. I ran it straight until right now when we just got it. Holy fucking shit that was intense. The party chat was still called DekuBleep's Party, haha!

If anybody needs a
Lv31 sword assassin I can run Crota's ass into the ground all day with my Titan.

GG TEAM!!!

Congrats! Hoping to clear soon.

i wonder what they're going to implement on hard difficulty to make the battles last longer. once everyone is proper level, some sections shouldn't take long at all, which isn't necessarily bad. just don't want it to end up being too easy.
hoping to see the circles from the story missions somewhere

also, the moon doesn't seem to be made of cheese

zewone

The new Nightfall is more annoying than fun. It's basically the same thing 3 times over. Sit back in a room and pick off waves of shielded enemies that are shelling you with Arc weapons...

That sounds like every Nightfall besides substituting Arc for a different element.

zewone

i wonder what they're going to implement on hard difficulty to make the battles last longer. once everyone is proper level, some sections shouldn't take long at all, which isn't necessarily bad. just don't want it to end up being too easy.

I think we're going to get that artificial difficulty from level 33 and 34 mobs in the hard raid.

LiK

Hard difficulty will probably have no revives, way more Thralls and Acolytes.

I think we're going to get that artificial difficulty from level 33 and 34 mobs in the hard raid.

lol probably

i think a mechanic the equivalent of VoG's detain fields could be interesting. not necessarily something that traps the player, but rather another thing to keep an eye out for.

hoping to see the circles from the story missions somewhere

Hard = the first part with Lightswitch.

LordofPwn

I like CE more, just because I find the mechanics much more interesting than defend these three things or shoot these yellow orbs before you die.

VOG spends too much time in the Templar's Well and the first half gets really boring.
VoG: open door | 1 Conflux | 2 Confluxes | 3 Confluxes | Oracles | Templar | Maze | Jumping | Gatekeeper | Atheon
Templar's Well takes up half of the raid

CE:
Jump down | Run through darkness | Go Across a bridge | Burn a Witch | Kill Crota
2/5 are in the same room and are essentially parallels of Gatekeepers and Atheon
CE: really feels more like a really great co-op story mission where as VoG was a mysterious dive into lore

spyder_ur

30 is the new 28 in the raid. :(

It really feels like it, or maybe even worse. You were viable in the raid from any level between 27-30 (maybe 26?, never tried it at that level). It seems like in this raid 31 will be the new norm, and since the cap is 32 there's no real wiggle room.

I'm not surprised to see 31 being the standard, though I'm surprised how fast it happened given the DLC has been up two days. I play this game a whole lot and yet am always surprised at how fast people do the content; I have to remind myself that the regulars here are really at the top of the curve in terms of game time/progress and that the content (mostly the raid) will still be there when my characters are all ready.

Yeah, that might be it... I mean, VoG was a ton of fun in the beginning. It was only after 30 runs did I start to get tired of it. Taking a newbie into VoG was always fun because it was always full of "this is awesome!" and "whoa!"

Yeah. I finally did my *first* Vault of Glass run just last week (I know, I know), and I kept on going "wow, this is actually really cool!" Especially as I had gotten so sick of all the normal content.

Once I played, I totally understood all of the "man, why isn't the rest of the game more like the raid?" comments people were making.

I just read a few Grimoire cards. Why is the lore so good in this cards? Where is this writing in the game? Characters are talking to each other, interacting, things are happening.

Is this what was salvaged from Staten's writing? Is that all they could carry over into the reformed story?

Bungie if you're reading this, two suggestions. Bring the quality of the grimoire cards into future expansions and sequels, and a vidoc explaining what happened to this game from announcement to release. We know what happened to Halo 2, the development process all the way to the time crunch. We had your Halo 3 and Reach vidocs that went deep into detail. Let us see, and understand what happened to Destiny.

/sleepy posts

Chamber

love on your sleeve
#Forever29 is now a memory. Onward to #Forever31 by the end of next week.

Now I actually need to farm VoG for shards.

rNilla

It would be cool if Hard CE was significantly different from Normal, even moreso than VoG Hard vs Normal. Since it comes out later I started wondering about this but as others have mentioned no revives and a Level 32 ceiling against 33-34 enemies should be hard enough. I'm sure there will be a few other twists as well.

Yeah, that might be it... I mean, VoG was a ton of fun in the beginning. It was only after 30 runs did I start to get tired of it. Taking a newbie into VoG was always fun because it was always full of "this is awesome!" and "whoa!"

Yeah. I finally did my *first* Vault of Glass run just last week (I know, I know), and I kept on going "wow, this is actually really cool!" Especially as I had gotten so sick of all the normal content.

Once I played, I totally understood all of the "man, why isn't the rest of the game more like the raid?" comments people were making.

Honeslty, I still think VoG is fun. Parts of it are a bit tedious, but overall it's still more fun than your average strike or story mission.

Zakalwe

Banned
Alright guys, we seem to have a full team.

1. Me - PSN same as here
2. Raindoc
3. Drubbed
4. Katana_strikes
5. Dante316
6. Dr Drizzay

See you guys in 3 hours. I'll add the people who I don't have on my friends list when I get home

If anyone drops out at any point, can I be backup please? Still need the Crota fight. Will be online at 8:30.

EL CUCO

This is basically what we were doing last night.
If max light level is 32, imagine what would happen if the enemies went to level 34 in hard mode....
I don't think they'll be that high. VoG hard mode is 30 with level 30 enemies. I'm thinking CE hard will be 33 with all enemies being that level and more witches and yellow bar knights here and there...and of course, no revives.

LiK

It would be cool if Hard CE was significantly different from Normal, even moreso than VoG Hard vs Normal. Since it comes out later I started wondering about this but as others have mentioned no revives and a Level 32 ceiling against 33-34 enemies should be hard enough. I'm sure there will be a few other twists as well.

I doubt Bungie will do anything other than leveling up the enemies, increasing their spawns and make them hit harder and take more damage. The only twist is probably more shit to wipe the teams.

spyder_ur

#Forever29 is now a memory. Onward to #Forever31 by the end of next week.

Now I actually need to farm VoG for shards.

Me too - I am expecting to see a decent amount of VoG groups go out this weekend as people chase shards for leveling up. My stockpile went from 30-something to 3 very fast.

The good part is I should be able to run hard way more comfortably as a 30 now for double the drops.

ocean

Banned
Is it wrong that having mixed Vanguard and Crucible gear irks me? It's all because of the rush to 31 but I will probably replace my Crucible chest for the Vanguard one next week so I can rock the full Holdfast set.

I don't know why I care about this.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Honeslty, I still think VoG is fun. Parts of it are a bit tedious, but overall it's still more fun than your average strike or story mission.

Yeah, true enough. I'm like the only person left who loves the confluxes part of the raid. Just nothing but killing, especially on hard mode when my partner dies. Fun times!

Strider

Leveled up my cryptarch rank and Rahool was kind enough to give me a legendary chest :)

As long as Xur has the upgrade path for one of the hunter helmets tomorrow I'll be able to hit 31 soon. I'll head into the new raid then. Still rocking 300 attack weapons though :/

zewone

CE: really feels more like a really great co-op story mission where as VoG was a mysterious dive into lore

I don't know. VoG was our first introduction to MMO mechanics in a FPS with 6 player co-op.

It was really quite the experience. Plus, gear was unknown, the game was new. Lots of cool things to discover.

CE can't match that because we already know what type of things to expect and datamining takes out a lot of the fun.

EL CUCO

VoG: open door | 1 Conflux | 2 Confluxes | 3 Confluxes | Oracles | Templar | Maze | Jumping | Gatekeeper | Atheon
Templar's Well takes up half of the raid

CE:
Jump down | Run through darkness | Go Across a bridge | Burn a Witch | Kill Crota
2/5 are in the same room and are essentially parallels of Gatekeepers and Atheon

My thoughts exactly.

LordofPwn

Need to get my shard stockpile up. could probably do a couple hard raids tonight real quick and just hope i don't get an exotic, or maybe just wait and see if bungie says anything about that in the update...
lol

X-Frame

Question about the CE Raid 2nd Part:

Do all the Gatekeepers need to die in order to "beat it"? If one or more people fail to kill their Gatekeeper but we still get all 6 people across and there are a few Gatekeepers wandering around, is that okay as long as we kite them or do they need to all die?

FyreWulff

Sidenote outta nowhere

I wish there was mobs deep inside completely dark tunnels/buildings on locations that were always ?? level, no matter what the cap is (i guess program them as cap + 10)

It was tense in the alpha when all the dark shortcut paths had ?? Hive in them.

I wanna raid
Question about the CE Raid 2nd Part:

Do all the Gatekeepers need to die in order to "beat it"? If one or more people fail to kill their Gatekeeper but we still get all 6 people across and there are a few Gatekeepers wandering around, is that okay as long as we kite them or do they need to all die?
Each time the sword brings someone across they must kill a gatekeeper. I say that, because dealing with those guy while trying to fight the ogres is annoying.

rNilla

Need to get my shard stockpile up. could probably do a couple hard raids tonight real quick and just hope i don't get an exotic, or maybe just wait and see if bungie says anything about that in the update...
lol

I need to do this as well. Already started sharding any legendary armor I don't need anymore. With my VoG luck I'll probably start getting showered in energy again.

ocean

Banned
I doubt Bungie will do anything other than leveling up the enemies, increasing their spawns and make them hit harder and take more damage. The only twist is probably more shit to wipe the teams.
I'm expecting all enemies to be 32 (maybe 33?) with more enemies since it's Heroic (first part will be insane with even more adds) and maybe those green circles that do damage from the story missions (like Detain fields on H VoG). And of course, no revives.

Kind of weird that this Raid only has 3 loot drops though :/ I hope people find at least 2-3 times as many chests as we've seen so far to make up for it.

Coconut

Banned

the middle battle is a little more fun since you get the illusion of gaining ground but they are all just tideous hide in this room cheesers.

stb

Any generous souls want to help me with the Nightfall and Weekly Heroic before Xurday tomorrow?

I haven't touched the new content yet, so I'm still 29 (Titan).

Any time after 7 Eastern would work for me.

Namikaze1

Crota's End Hard Mode = Ultra Wizards. Ultra Wizards everywhere.

Imagine the first part with just Ultra Wizards. Just imagine it. Let it sink. Visualize yourself in that place. Alone. Wizards everywhere you look. No place to hide.

Good bye flawless...

LordofPwn

I don't know. VoG was our first introduction to MMO mechanics in a FPS with 6 player co-op.

It was really quite the experience. Plus, gear was unknown, the game was new. Lots of cool things to discover.

CE can't match that because we already know what type of things to expect and datamining takes out a lot of the fun.
Fully agree, hints the mysterious dive. in this new one it just seems to be a bit more straightforward with the story of it all. a different experience but both fun in their own ways.

It's "Hard" not "Eagerly Sadistic Mode"
How bout arc burn and epic, lol. Or just heroic and juggler?

Top Bottom