• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

zewone

Question about the CE Raid 2nd Part:

Do all the Gatekeepers need to die in order to "beat it"? If one or more people fail to kill their Gatekeeper but we still get all 6 people across and there are a few Gatekeepers wandering around, is that okay as long as we kite them or do they need to all die?

No, they should disappear when the next phase starts.

You need to kill
the Ogres.

ocean

Banned
Question about the CE Raid 2nd Part:

Do all the Gatekeepers need to die in order to "beat it"? If one or more people fail to kill their Gatekeeper but we still get all 6 people across and there are a few Gatekeepers wandering around, is that okay as long as we kite them or do they need to all die?[/spoiler]
I think
they're optional. Since you can only hurt them with the sword though leaving them on the field while you try to get the Wizards and Ogres might be a little hard. Tip: spam melee attack (R1 default scheme) instead of the regular attack (R2). They stagger and usually don't hit you back if you're fast enough. Any Titans on your team can use blinding grenades on then whenever a team member gets across and the Gatekeepers go completely tame :)

spyder_ur

Need to get my shard stockpile up. could probably do a couple hard raids tonight real quick and just hope i don't get an exotic, or maybe just wait and see if bungie says anything about that in the update...
lol

I'll still take any exotic. It's only, what, 7 coins to upgrade? Would happily take that elusive IceBreaker and wait for Xur.

I'll probably run VoG a few times over the weekend for shards. I'm not 31, but I'm curious about how those 31s will find hard mode now.

Is it wrong that having mixed Vanguard and Crucible gear irks me? It's all because of the rush to 31 but I will probably replace my Crucible chest for the Vanguard one next week so I can rock the full Holdfast set.

I don't know why I care about this.

Pick the parts which cover your playstyle the most, like I want a helmet which gives me grenade cooldown on melee damage but i'll have to grind a little rep for it, but I prefer to do that then go all rubbish from the same NPC.

phen0m24

I wanna raid

Each time the sword brings someone across they must kill a gatekeeper.

I think what X Our sword wielding Ninja-Titan (TM) is getting at, is if one person dies in their attempt to kill the GK, then what?

That person can't go back across the bridge swordless. Is that person now waiting for everyone else to attempt, and if others fail, we basically have to wait/hope? the swordbearer will come across the bridge, then kill him, then kill the GK? Holy crap that could be interesting with all the adds on the far bridge side.

Look Ma! 3 Gatekeepers!

Thanks EM

ocean

Banned
I'll still take any exotic. It's only, what, 7 coins to upgrade? Would happily take that elusive IceBreaker and wait for Xur.

I'll probably run VoG a few times over the weekend for shards. I'm not 31, but I'm curious about how those 31s will find hard mode now.
Same boat for Gjallarhorn. Bungie should seriously consider upping VoG gear to new attack stats though. Makes no sense that they're literally the only weapons that are now obsolete - all the other old Legendaries come with new attack stats when dropped. Or at the very least making them shard into Radiant Energy instead of Ascendant.

With all the complaints about the game's content being limited, it's absurd that they've basically removed any incentive to play one of the two Raids in the game. Sure, we need Ass now for our new Vendor gear but it'll take us maybe a week to get all we need? Then what would we run for? Ok for fun, but it's not the same without attractive loot as an incentive.

I think what X Our sword wielding Ninja-Titan (TM) is getting at, is if one person dies in their attempt to kill the GK, then what?

That person can't go back across the bridge swordless. Is that person now waiting for everyone else to attempt, and if others fail, we basically have to wait/hope? the swordbearer will come across the bridge, then kill him, then kill the GK? Holy crap that could be interesting with all the adds on the far bridge side.

Look Ma! 3 Gatekeepers!

Thanks EM

Revive them.

The next person will have to kill their Gatekeeper and finish off the other one.

It's totally doable.

Well, of course you can. You're a hobbit after all, Pippin.
tumblr_m1xv81buS81qecfy1.gif

Revive them.

The next person will have to kill their Gatekeeper and finish off the other one.

It's totally doable.
Yep

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

yeah, though I'm hoping it's a bug for the VoG to drop old-tier Exotics, a fresh one is still valuable if Xur's got it in stock, the exchange gets you a 42 Attack upgrade.

Speaking of VoG, still planning to run my newbie normal raid tonight if there's interest. I'll make the roster post in a little bit...

Do the new Vanguard rank up packages always include a commendation? Is there still a chance to receive a legendary weapon in the package?

Dave_6

yeah, though I'm hoping it's a bug for the VoG to drop old-tier Exotics, a fresh one is still valuable if Xur's got it in stock, the exchange gets you a 42 Attack upgrade.

Speaking of VoG, still planning to run my newbie normal raid tonight if there's interest. I'll make the roster post in a little bit...

I'm definitely up for it if it's okay for me to join.

ocean

Banned

A week or two from now most of us will be at the very least 30 if not 31; running a newbie Hard VoG, weird as it sounds, would probably be doable :p

Not sure if I'll be home tonight but sign me up as a maybe on tonight's Normal!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm definitely up for it if it's okay for me to join.
Of course it is :)

I think eventually, this Thursday night run will become a Hard mode Newbie run, after a few weeks. Getting to 30 is continuously more practical every day, though for the time being we'll stick to Normal.
A week or two from now most of us will be at the very least 30 if not 31; running a newbie Hard VoG, weird as it sounds, would probably be doable :p

Not sure if I'll be home tonight but sign me up as a maybe on tonight's Normal!
hah! weird!

And sure thing, I'll put you down and just make sure to get an alt :)

1st nightfall down last night: Universal Remote. I never had this gun before so I have that going for me. I didn't know it was a primary weapon.
Can't wait to do the 2nd and 3rd. (I can wait to do the prereqs to unlock the nightfall). I mainly want TLW but an upgraded ghorn/ice breaker/P&T would be my priorities. Ice Breaker would normally be my #1 but now they make it hard to solo stuff.

Coconut

Banned
Any generous souls want to help me with the Nightfall and Weekly Heroic before Xurday tomorrow?

I haven't touched the new content yet, so I'm still 29 (Titan).

Any time after 7 Eastern would work for me.

I'll hit you up late STB I still need the nightfall but we need a generous level 30 to assist so it doesn't get too tedious.

I watched a different strategy this morning that looks promising on youtube and I think it's very do-able it just requires extreme co-odination and very few mistakes.
From the video's it looks like some teams are able to take a lot more damage off of Crota than we were doing on each attempt. They can take him out in 3-4 trips.

We've got the strat we were using down really really well now.
We got within one tiny pixel of a health bar from killing him after 3 less-than-perfect rounds... but then wiped. The time we killed him was 4 rounds but with lots of leeway for little mistakes.

LordofPwn

I think
they're optional. Since you can only hurt them with the sword though leaving them on the field while you try to get the Wizards and Ogres might be a little hard. Tip: spam melee attack (R1 default scheme) instead of the regular attack (R2). They stagger and usually don't hit you back if you're fast enough. Any Titans on your team can use blinding grenades on then whenever a team member gets across and the Gatekeepers go completely tame :)

my group spammed R2 (the smash attack) every single time it stunlocked him and the only things we had to worry about were adds, if we tried R1 (regular swing) he would always kill us. and if the first person across died then we would wipe. Also titans across first, then hunters, and then warlocks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How far did your group get? You guys went in blind too right?
Blind as hell!

We got enough experience that we are more-or-less understanding the full bridge part, but called it a night right at the point where we were able to get 3 people over.
Had some early mornings and we started almost an hour late, my fault as I really wanted to bump up my Titan to 30 so we'd have one (a decision I am really glad I pursued as it turns out!).

Finishing it off on Sunday, can't wait :)

Any tips for
opening the bridge solo?
Is it even possible as a Bladedancer?

I wouldn't mind just zooming ahead and getting it done ASAP.

Well, I've never done it :lol, but a Bladedancer could probably get across without actually
using the bridge.

LiK

Maybe then Hunters can actually be useful for once in this damn raid.

Look at all these damn Titans doing all the legwork.

The Bubbles are still godly for Raids. I had to use them during the Bridge part.

6 Defender Titans with Saint-14 can probably wreck most of the CE raid.

zewone

We've got the strat we were using down really really well now.
We got within one tiny pixel of a health bar from killing him after 3 less-than-perfect rounds... but then wiped. The time we killed him was 4 rounds but with lots of leeway for little mistakes.

You doing any runs tonight? Would love to see your strategy in practice.

westtrade

Neo Member
I'm in. Rubenov25 Level 31 Warlock.

FR Sent. Welcome to the party

I am looking for 3 other level 31 or 32 players to finish off Crota tonight.
Post here and I will add you as a friend.
Raid Time: 6:30 eastern
PSN:westtrade

1.westtrade (LVL 31 Titan)
2.pinz123456789 (LVL 31 warlock)
3.Rubenov25 (LVL 31 warlock)

Is it worth for me to work on my second subclass for my Warlock? I was thinking of starting a new character as I have some Titan drops in my vault, but maybe I'll just build up my second class. My warlock is a voidwalker.

Top Bottom