• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

ocean

Banned
my group spammed R2 (the smash attack) every single time it stunlocked him and the only things we had to worry about were adds, if we tried R1 (regular swing) he would always kill us. and if the first person across died then we would wipe. Also titans across first, then hunters, and then warlocks.
I got murdered my first time across by smashing R2 and had success with R1. I'll continue to experiment! I understand Titans first but what's the reasoning behind Hunters and then Locks?

It's super fun to be able to play around with new strategies until we finally figure this Raid out :) I hope Bungie can continue to give us a new Raid every 3 months.

LiK

I got murdered my first time across by smashing R2 and had success with R1. I'll continue to experiment! I understand Titans first but what's the reasoning behind Hunters and then Locks?

It's super fun to be able to play around with new strategies until we finally figure this Raid out :) I hope Bungie can continue to give us a new Raid every 3 months.

One or two more and then you wait for Destiny 2.

LordofPwn

Well, I've never done it :lol, but a Bladedancer could probably get across without actually
using the bridge.

I believe someone in my group said they tried and they got a turn back message. but i'm sure if you can get high enough and if you wear the boots that give you an extra jump you could do it.

So apparently the
bridge
section can be soloed. It just requires some platforming and tedious sniping.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=16gRF_-B8FA
RG0BS1U.jpg

Cheeeseeeee cheeeseeee

Wow, looks awesome. So avoid the side confluxes (forgot the real name), jump to the top so you have a good angle, and keep sniping enemies until the ogres spawn? Sounds like a full raid team can do it too, might be quicker.
Yeah, this will probably become the new oracles Ice Breaker-fest.

Bizazedo

my group spammed R2 (the smash attack) every single time it stunlocked him and the only things we had to worry about were adds, if we tried R1 (regular swing) he would always kill us. and if the first person across died then we would wipe. Also titans across first, then hunters, and then warlocks.

Both work. If
R1
isn't working, you're not spamming hard enough.

That being said, Titans completely negate any threat here.

ocean

Banned
One or two more and then you wait for Destiny 2.
The group of people who would keep paying US$15-20 for a Raid and a Strike or two might be smaller than I'd like but I'm one of them. Considering how many assets were reused I doubt development is too expensive. Pushing out expansions for a longer time might help pay for the servers :p probably just wishful thinking though.

Assuming they added new difficulty tiers to old raids so they keep up with new level caps, this game would be awesome with 4-5 Raids.

Random question time!

1) Would you suggest being a minimum level 30 for doing the new raid or can a 29 make a difference without getting one-shotted?

2) How do I get the (!) to go away on Venus? It's for the VoG, which I've completed several times. Do I actually have to be fireteam leader and finish the whole thing under my own account?

3) Is there a way to repeat the first Eris mission? It was a different purple triangle icon on the planet map and after finishing it, only the 2nd and 3rd missions are repeatable.

4) Has Bungie commented on whether they plan to update the VoG loot tables to get the exotics up to current levels?

Zakalwe

Banned
Random question time!

1) Would you suggest being a minimum level 30 for doing the new raid or can a 29 make a difference without getting one-shotted?

2) How do I get the (!) to go away on Venus? It's for the VoG, which I've completed several times. Do I actually have to be fireteam leader and finish the whole thing under my own account?

3) Is there a way to repeat the first Eris mission? It was a different purple triangle icon on the planet map and after finishing it, only the 2nd and 3rd missions are repeatable.

4) Has Bungie commented on whether they plan to update the VoG loot tables to get the exotics up to current levels?

1. 29 is a no go. Level 31-32 enemies.
2. I'm not sure, but maybe you have a checkpoint active?

LordofPwn

Interesting. When i do the raid fresh again i'll be experimenting.
Titans first cause they can stun/blind gatekeepers, hunters next because stealth is nice but mainly because warlocks go last. Warlocks don't need the bridge up to get across with the sword they can run and jump up high and then sword fly across, which means the 4 people on the other side don't have to hold totems and bridge while getting swarmed by adds and wizards. they can group up and stay alive while taking out the enemies. also when you have 3 left on the original side have them group up on one of the platforms off towards the sides.

zewone

Interesting. When i do the raid fresh again i'll be experimenting.
Titans first cause they can stun/blind gatekeepers, hunters next because stealth is nice but mainly because warlocks go last. Warlocks don't need the bridge up to get across with the sword they can run and jump up high and then sword fly across, which means the 4 people on the other side don't have to hold totems and bridge while getting swarmed by adds and wizards. they can group up and stay alive while taking out the enemies. also when you have 3 left on the original side have them group up on one of the platforms off towards the sides.

Can you explain where Warlocks should jump from to cheese across with sword?

MADGAME

Wow. So this confirms that you technically dont need anybody on the other side of the bridge. The objective is simply kill adds till Ogres show up.

I thought someone needed to stand in the center to keep the bridge forming, but apparently not? Also, why weren't the Annihilation Totems activating?
Edit: Annihilation Totems probably don't flare up unless someone is in the middle?

spyder_ur

What's everyone's guess on what Xur is stocking tomorrow? My guess is a new Exotic weapon (probably Dragon's Breath or the primary Sniper), but old Exotic gear with the new light stat. And I think he will have exotic engrams.

I am secretly hoping that he has the upgraded Plan C this week though - would be absolutely hilarious.

Deku Tree

This is basically what we were doing last night.

I agree it's very similar. There are some differences that could be useful like using hunter stealth and where they were jumping to shoot the knights. . Somehow they were taking a lot more damage off on each trip though.

Top Bottom