• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

zewone

I thought someone needed to stand in the center to keep the bridge forming, but apparently not? Also, why weren't the Annihilation Totems activating?

They only activate when someone is on the bridge pad in the middle.

If you are getting the red totem of wipe, you can cancel it by having whoever is in the bridge pad get off.

Had to do that plenty of times.

EL CUCO

I thought someone needed to stand in the center to keep the bridge forming, but apparently not? Also, why weren't the Annihilation Totems activating?

Because he got off the circle

He stood on the cicle briefly to activate the encounter...that's all that is needed I guess.

Lemnisc8

Ok this is odd....

I have new gauntlets with the melee attack speed perk on it. But instead of having the icon of a fist, it has the Hunter throwing knife symbol and instead of saying "increased melee attack speed", it says "increases melee attack speed".

The icon and the description are slightly different. I bet they still don't stack though, haha.

Strange that they are different.

spyder_ur

Getting very casual in terms of blocking off raid spoilers in here now. Oh well, I don't care that much and I actually really appreciate how good people were about it these last few days.

MADGAME

If you are getting the red totem of wipe, you can cancel it by having whoever is in the bridge pad get off.

Because he got off the circle

Yeah, I realized that in my edited post...and tagged spoilers but you guys are too quick.
What about bridge forming? Just step on it once and that's it?

R0ckman

How is the Dragon's Breathe for people who have it higher leveled?

I was using the horn in the raid, lol it's so funny, it has like the opposite effect of the rubber-band health bug on the sword bearer. I shot the horn at one that was at about 65% health, wolf pack rounds went out did their thing, there was a slight pause then it was like "screw calculating the damage" and just sent the sword bearer flying in death.

Need to do that Part2 romano. Spent about 3-4 hours total with 2 different groups and couldn't pass this part. Plus I love platform jumping and endless sniping (with the exception of Oracles in VoG). I'm game

zewone

Yeah, I realized that in my edited post...and tagged spoilers but you guys are too quick.
What about bridge forming? Just step on it once and that's it?

Someone needs to stand in the bridge pad for it form and for it to stay formed.

I think his bridge in the video was only made because he cleared the phase.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Random question time!

1) Would you suggest being a minimum level 30 for doing the new raid or can a 29 make a difference without getting one-shotted?

2) How do I get the (!) to go away on Venus? It's for the VoG, which I've completed several times. Do I actually have to be fireteam leader and finish the whole thing under my own account?

3) Is there a way to repeat the first Eris mission? It was a different purple triangle icon on the planet map and after finishing it, only the 2nd and 3rd missions are repeatable.

4) Has Bungie commented on whether they plan to update the VoG loot tables to get the exotics up to current levels?
1. Level 30. One 29 isn't impossible, but a definite liability.

2. Ever done VoG Hard?

3. Seems like (at least for the moment) that you can't, just the 2nd and 3rd. Dunno if this is intentional or not.

4. I haven't seen any comments but I hope they do...

We spent a lot of time brute forcing before we learned this. Painful.

zewone

Need to do that Part 2 cheese. Spent about 4-5 hours total with 2 different groups and couldn't pass this part. Plus I love platform jumping and endless sniping. I'm game

Phase 2 and phase 3 require a lot of team work and coordination.

Phase 2 is especially true of this. One weak link can wipe the phase.

realcZk

What's everyone's guess on what Xur is stocking tomorrow? My guess is a new Exotic weapon (probably Dragon's Breath or the primary Sniper), but old Exotic gear with the new light stat. And I think he will have exotic engrams.

I am secretly hoping that he has the upgraded Plan C this week though - would be absolutely hilarious.

dude, come on...

Need to do that Part 2 cheese. Spent about 4-5 hours total with 2 different groups and couldn't pass this part. Plus I love platform jumping and endless sniping. I'm game
And here we go. These posts ruin this thread.
111.gif

Jinjo

25.000 glimmer, 90'ish strange coins, two full characters loaded with completed 3750-5000xp bounties. I'm ready for you Xur.

Debating whether I'm gonna run the weekly on my hunter and finish the bounties on him too. Or you know, play other games lol.

spyder_ur

How is the Dragon's Breathe for people who have it higher leveled?

I was using the horn in the raid, lol it's so funny, it has like the opposite effect of the rubber-band health bug on the sword bearer. I shot the horn at one that was at about 65% health, wolf pack rounds went out did their thing, there was a slight pause then it was like "screw calculating the damage" and just sent the sword bearer flying in death.

I don't have it all the way leveled - I am almost to the solar grenade bubble. I like it though - big blast radius and 3 rounds in the chamber is nice. Such a goofy look though.

LiK

I knew figs was mad at me for leaving one of the
totems
. But I made it up by saving Math in the next run with my delicious bubble. We beat it there.

Yea definitely.
2+ gatekeepers and it can possibly make the job harder for the next person to cross and stay alive. I have killed 2 before but only when they aren't grouped closely together, which was random. Adding to it when the knight wasn't killed. Then yea, everyone pretty much has to stay alive. Every single person that dies exponentially makes it tougher. Always got 3 people over last night and 3 people would die on the same side = instawipe.

totems
. But I made it up by saving Math in the next run with my delicious bubble. We beat it there.

i kept
being rushed by thralls and knights while sniping the swordbearer and i'd jump back and fall off the edge lol

does everyone in our group have an icebreaker? we should help each other out more during that phase.

And here we go. These posts ruin this thread.
111.gif

Ehh, people started talking about it a lot as is. Once people quote the video, that's where it ends if you want to play that game. Same thing happened with Atheons. It's inevitable, just as people posted making them kill zones within a week. Although, this one takes a good bit of skill to make those jumps. Hard for a hunter. And you need an ice breaker or lots of packs.

Sullichin

For The People (Crucible AR) actually has a larger mag than advertised - 34, or 56 (!) with field scout. Field Scout is great in PVE but in PVP, perfect balance is the way to go. Good weapon.

Jinjo

What's everyone's guess on what Xur is stocking tomorrow? My guess is a new Exotic weapon (probably Dragon's Breath or the primary Sniper), but old Exotic gear with the new light stat. And I think he will have exotic engrams.

I am secretly hoping that he has the upgraded Plan C this week though - would be absolutely hilarious.

Lol. That would be pure evil haha. If Bungie wants to push DLC sales they should just make Xur's entire offering DLC exotics. They had no issue with that for the Nightfall & daily story missions. Now do it where it matters.

So apparently the
bridge
section can be soloed. It just requires some platforming and tedious sniping.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=16gRF_-B8FA

This is interesting and confusing at the moment... Only because I assumed everyone needed to be over there and all this other bs in order for it to finish.

So ogres and everything spawn whether or not you're over there? As long as you kill the enemies? Wonder how long this will take to patch, ha.

Also, I was under the assumption the totems on the other side automatically activated to keep people from trying to cheese it in some way. When we were all over there, the totems lit up, forcing us out of our "hiding" spots. I figured this happened on purpose... I mean maybe a teammate was standing in the center without knowing it and we didn't realize it either. I just recall having to run from the side back towards the center before we got annihilated.

Namikaze1

totems
Oh you should had heard her earlier. We beat it without wiping but man she was mad at the last three on the other side.

i kept
being rushed by thralls and knights while sniping the swordbearer and i'd jump back and fall off the edge lol

does everyone in our group have an icebreaker? we should help each other out more during that phase.

I was using my Gjallarhorn, but I can switch over if I'm on the other side probably.

zewone

Yea definitely.
2+ gatekeepers and it can possibly make the job harder for the next person to cross and stay alive. I have killed 2 before but only when they aren't grouped closely together, which was random. Adding to it when the knight wasn't killed. Then yea, everyone pretty much has to stay alive. Every single person that dies exponentially makes it tougher. Always got 3 people over last night and 3 people would die on the same side = instawipe.

lol, the time we cleared it
we had 4 gatekeepers on the other side. The 3 of use did a lot of running around. Thankfully most enemies on that side can't shoot, so if you stand on a pillar you can chill out for awhile.

Ehh, people started talking about it a lot as is. Same thing happened with Atheons. It's inevitable, just as people posted making them kill zones within a week. Although, this one takes a good bit of skill to make those jumps. Hard for a hunter.
And thats when I abandon thread just like last time. If it gets like that again.

we had 4 gatekeepers on the other side. The 3 of use did a lot of running around. Thankfully most enemies on that side can't shoot, so if you stand on a pillar you can chill out for awhile.

I found that you can chill in those pits on the side a bit as well.

Namikaze1

Tuesday night,
the gatekeepers avoided anyone under the totems on that side.

This morning,
one of them grew some balls and came into the left one and killed me. Fucking bastard.

LiK

i kept

Been trying to level it up yesterday but I don't think my bounties helped that much. I wouldn't mind a post-patch drop for it. I'll probably stick with Ballerhorn or switch between them.

I'm sorry. It was very stressful.

It's okay, we got through it. <3

Oh you should had heard her earlier. We beat it without wiping but man she was mad at the last three on the other side.

This morning? lol

so what happens when the 6th person comes across and the next phase starts with the ogres and wizards, do the gatekeepers stick around and attack as well?

Top Bottom