• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

GhaleonEB

Wait, you're locked out? How? Have you not done the regular mission yet? Or are you too low a level?

I'm level 27. I can technically access it, but I couldn't clear the first hallway. The high level (yellow bar) thralls overwhelmed me. If I can't clear that when being meticulous, the rest of the level is untouchable. So not locked out literally, just effectively. This is the first time the option to set difficulty settings was removed. I hope it's not a trend.

I was doing the level 28 missions as level 27 and was fine, until they removed them. :(

zewone

I'm level 27. I can technically access it, but I couldn't clear the first hallway. The high level (yellow bar) thralls overwhelmed me. If I can't clear that when being meticulous, the rest of the level is untouchable. So not locked out literally, just effectively. This is the first time the option to set difficulty settings was removed. I hope it's not a trend.

I was doing the level 28 missions as level 27 and was fine, until they removed them. :(

Theres very few DLC story missions. They shouldn't come up often.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is the first time the option to set difficulty settings was removed. I hope it's not a trend.
It's because the new story missions only have two "real" settings, 25 (Normal), and 30 (Hard). When a story mission is the Daily Heroic, you have the option of picking any of the Hard options, but for this mission it's the only one.

stb

I'll hit you up late STB I still need the nightfall but we need a generous level 30 to assist so it doesn't get too tedious.

Sorry for the slow response. Meetings getting in the way of my forum reading.

I'm on PS4. My PSN is Berried_treasurE. Feel free to add me, and we'll run them at some point tonight.

KodaRuss

Im actually dreaming about kicking crotas rear end tonight. I'm hyped.

What about Starfire Protocol? That one looks amazing. My most wanted piece right now...

Starfireprotocol.png

Coconut

Banned
I was going str and Int up to 29 so far with lucky raspberry chest. I just don't use the guns with the new type of gear that often tho. Pulse rifle etc
The No tomorrow gear from the FWC usually has hand cannon and scout rifle perks that's what I use and I think new Monarchy's hunter gear has shotty and assualt rifle stuff if I'm not mistaken. As for what I focus on I find the ARC grenade to the the most useful thing in the kit so I go for Discipline and secondly Intellect.

Wallach

So much raiding. Really had a lot of fun in there, though. Felt good to watch him die after a few so-close-but-nope runs. Definitely looking forward to getting these last few shards to hit 31.

R0ckman

I don't think anyone brought this up, but was it announced by bungie that they were making the crucible bounties long and drawn out again? All the kill bounties were brought back up to 50. What the hell is going on?

I should really join a fireteam for crucible, so sick of team members that wait for confrontations to finish (ie, wait for me to be killed) before helping out, or ignoring them all together (in clash).

You doing any runs tonight? Would love to see your strategy in practice.

If anybody wants to join onto our team we are running
Crota
again right now as soon as we find a 6th.
I'm running the sword again and we've got another 31 as well as 4 GHorns so the only requirement is a Lv30 with a maxed IBreaker.

Edit #2: Full!

Hey that sounds great. Is it exactly the same strategy? Or are there any little differences? Thanks!

It has a lot of similarities but a lot of difference as well. As with any challenging raid activity, there are just a ton of small details that had to be refined and executed well.

Deku Tree

We've got the strat we were using down really really well now.
We got within one tiny pixel of a health bar from killing him after 3 less-than-perfect rounds... but then wiped. The time we killed him was 4 rounds but with lots of leeway for little mistakes.

Hey that sounds great. Is it exactly the same strategy? Or are there any little differences? Thanks!

Zakalwe

Banned
If anybody wants to join onto our team we are running
Crota
again right now as soon as we find a 6th.
I'm running the sword again and we've got another 31 as well as 4 GHorns so the only requirement is a Lv30 with a maxed IBreaker.

Would you be up for running Crota again around 8:30 gmt? Finding someone capable of using the sword is the biggest issue I've found.

westtrade

Neo Member
I am looking for 2 other level 31 or 32 players to finish off Crota tonight.
Post here and I will add you as a friend.
Time 6:30 eastern
PSN:westtrade

1.westtrade (LVL 31 Titan)
2.pinz123456789 (LVL 31 warlock)
3.Rubenov25 (LVL 31 warlock)
4.thanuggetman (LVL 31 hunter)

GhaleonEB

Theres very few DLC story missions. They shouldn't come up often.

Right, but there's no reason to set the DLC story missions to level 30, or to remove the option of scaling it up or down (along with the rewards). I played through that mission on level 26 difficulty originally. I'm more worried about that option being taken away.
It's because the new story missions only have two "real" settings, 25 (Normal), and 30 (Hard). When a story mission is the Daily Heroic, you have the option of picking any of the Hard options, but for this mission it's the only one.

I see. That's straight up broken game design. :\

I'm so disappointed with some of the things Bungie has done with this DLC release.

Zakalwe

Banned
I am looking for 2 other level 31 or 32 players to finish off Crota tonight.

I'd like to join but I'm only level 30. I've tried the fight numerous times and know the strategy perfectly. The only issue we've had is the sword bearer not being able to get the timing down.

Maxed Ghorn, IB, etc...
Level 30 Titan

k1t4j

Are there any experienced Crota fighters up for trying to beat him this evening at around 8:30pm gmt?

I have the checkpoint and understand the strats, but RNG hasn't blessed me with 31 (4marks off vendor).

Ideally need a 31 who's confident with the sword to take down Crota.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - level 31 Titan

I'm not experienced but I learn fast, if you are willing to take me as a 31 hunter

westtrade

Neo Member
I'd like to join but I'm only level 30. I've tried the fight numerous times and know the strategy perfectly. The only issue we've had is the sword bearer not being able to get the timing down.

Maxed Ghorn, IB, etc...
Level 30 Titan

FR Sent. Welcome to the party.

I am looking for 1 other level 31 or 32 player to finish off Crota tonight.

5.astropoff (LVL 31 Titan)

Top Bottom