• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

k1t4j

I am looking for 2 other level 31 or 32 players to finish off Crota tonight.
Post here and I will add you as a friend.
Time 6:30 eastern
PSN:westtrade

1.westtrade (LVL 31 Titan)
2.pinz123456789 (LVL 31 warlock)
3.Rubenov25 (LVL 31 warlock)
4.thanuggetman (LVL 31 hunter)

Can I join, I am a 31 hunter

PSN: Kitaj84

Would you be up for running Crota again around 8:30 gmt? Finding someone capable of using the sword is the biggest issue I've found.

That's... 3:30pm EST? I should have at least two kills under my belt by then. Assuming my current team doesn't still need my help, I can jump in with any crew you have. Or you can join our crew if we're still going and have an opening. But yeah, you know me, I'll run it until everybody gets it. Doing the sword is a fucking rush, forget the loot drops!

i agree. the actual strike room is way too small for my taste.

We call it the broom closet with custodian Omnigul. Oof, it's so bad.

Zakalwe

Banned
FR Sent. Welcome to the party.

Thanks very much, reallyappreciate it.

I'm not experienced but I learn fast, if you are willing to take me as a 31 hunter

You should see if you can join the group above!

That's... 3:30pm EST? I should have at least two kills under my belt by then. Assuming my current team doesn't still need my help, I can jump in with any crew you have. Or you can join our crew if we're still going and have an opening. But yeah, you know me, I'll run it until everybody gets it. Doing the sword is a fucking rush, forget the loot drops!

Right, thanks man. I'm going with the group above now, but if we don't get it or we need you I'll message you when you're on.

Did anyone get anything good from the kill?

Right, but there's no reason to set the DLC story missions to level 30, or to remove the option of scaling it up or down (along with the rewards). I played through that mission on level 26 difficulty originally. I'm more worried about that option being taken away.

I see. That's straight up broken game design. :\

I'm so disappointed with some of the things Bungie has done with this DLC release.

They should have kept the original max difficulties and rewards, and have 30 be the new highest with higher rewards. AThat would make people want to play it more because not only do you get more rewards than normal but they aren't forced to level up and do it because they want to, IMO.

Honestly they're all over but here is what has worked for me easily. In the Divide there is the room that spawns shanks which go back behind the building where the drop ships drop enemies. Go there and every 10 minutes a group spawns. For me it was pretty much on the hour and every 10 minutes after. You can kill them quickly. The downside is that you of course have to take about 30 minutes to do it. I however took that time to finish other bounties in the area around there like knuckleduster, etc.
I *think* the whole planet spawns swords at the same time.

I went to steppes (underground next to the three yellow bar hive) then to mothyards (warsat/near the wing ramp to the 'secret' cave) and got two swords in a row. then tried to find one at forgotten coast but couldn't find any. I saw pikes raoming so maybe that happened instead?
sidenote, rocketyard spawns the sword in the middle where fallen and hive fight, or the far corner near the entrace to a place that isn't implemented yet, replacing the fallen group there.

if you did no story missions, the first mission has a sword spawn right inside the first building you enter. you can load up the mission, sparrow past the enemies you spawn into, get the sword, go to orbit, repeat. but I don't think you can do that mission again if you completed it already

FR Sent. Welcome to the party.

I am looking for 1 other level 31 or 32 player to finish off Crota tonight.
Post here and I will add you as a friend.
PSN:westtrade

5.astropoff (LVL 31 Titan)

I'm down. Level 31 Titan

Spot is gone?

kidko

I agree big time with whoever was saying that they need to have a way to earn crucible marks (and rep for that matter) faster in spurts, like double xp weekend type events or something.

It's annoying that a night of strikes and patrols can fill your vanguard mark cap while a night of crucible barely makes a dent.

zewone

Hunter raid gloves. I like:

i0vcGK9.jpg

gdt

Straight up can't hit 31 unless I go buy Vendor gloves to replace raid gloves.

The grind for radiant shards is real. I'll try Crotas End 2nd section as a 30 again today.

westtrade

Neo Member
Can I join, I am a 31 hunter

PSN: Kitaj84

FR sent. Welcome to the party.

We will finish off Crota tonight.

5.astropoff (LVL 31 Titan)
6.Kitaj84 (LVL 31 hunter)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
1 more vanguard commendation, then I can buy the chest. Then I need to level the chest and helm and I'll be 31!

I agree big time with whoever was saying that they need to have a way to earn crucible marks (and rep for that matter) faster in spurts, like double xp weekend type events or something.

It's annoying that a night of strikes and patrols can fill your vanguard mark cap while a night of crucible barely makes a dent.

I hate it too, but in a way it makes sense. People who are primary PvP aren't as concerned with progression, they will get a weeks worth of marks in time so it doesn't matter as much. Light gear is pointless outside of IB, and if you really want to be competitive in IB you have to do PVE. (which sucks for PvPers)

EL CUCO

Anybody actually find the Vex useful in CE? I thought it would be a bit more effective being that it has 323 attack, but I find myself going back to Fatebringer and VoC.

EL CUCO

It's great, yes. Especially for the first part.

Nice. I used Fatebringer on that part because Firefly is the anti-thrall but I'll give it a run.

I tried it on some yellow 32 Knights and was only critting about 144 per shot (as a level 30). Switched to FB and getting around 348.

matmanx1

What's everyone's guess on what Xur is stocking tomorrow? My guess is a new Exotic weapon (probably Dragon's Breath or the primary Sniper), but old Exotic gear with the new light stat. And I think he will have exotic engrams.

I am secretly hoping that he has the upgraded Plan C this week though - would be absolutely hilarious.

Boo! No more Plan C! (At least not for a while anyway)

I'll say it again: My most wanted Xur item at this point is the Helm of Saint-14 (although Glasshouse looks very useful also). Xur tomorrow is either going to be very expensive (if he has the right exotics to buy and swap for new versions) or a huge bust. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. =)

How does it make sense a 15 min strike gets you 6 vanguard marks, but a 15 minute crucible match nets you 2-3 marks?

I don't think they intend for you to finish a strike in 15 minutes. It would be cool to test out giving more marks for how well you play, with a 6 mark cap or somewhere around there maybe.
2 Loss
3 Win
4 MVP on losing team
5 MVP on winning team
6 Complete Domination.

After IB 2.0, Crucible is pretty rough. I miss the competitive nature of IB 2.0 and me greatly needing rank 4 for boots and gloves. Only to not really needing it anymore because of this DLC. How silly it seems now haha.

kidko

I hate it too, but in a way it makes sense. People who are primary PvP aren't as concerned with progression, they will get a weeks worth of marks in time so it doesn't matter as much. Light gear is pointless outside of IB, and if you really want to be competitive in IB you have to do PVE. (which sucks for PvPers)

Is there really anyone here who isn't concerned with progression tho?

lunlunqq

It was hard even with three guys. I did it last night with Nami and and someone from his friend list.
The enemies are aggressive as fuck. And it's arc+melee everywhere... How is this possible... Just wiped 5 times straight in the very first room! D:

Sullichin

Are there other weapons and stuff not shown in Eris' menu that you can get from leveling up? I have Murmur. These bounties are terrible. Not sure why i even want to rank it up

Man.... leveling up Eris is going to take a whiiiiilllle. 3-4 bounties a day at 75-100xp a pop.... yeah.

Another annoying gate. Can't even do the bounty to kill X wearing the class mark since it wasn't even possible to be rank 2 and buy it yet.

I don't have a problem with things like shaders and marks behind a level gate, but upgrade materials that will could take weeks before we can buy them are so stupid.

LiK

The enemies are aggressive as fuck. And it's arc+melee everywhere... How is this possible... Just wiped 5 times straight in the very first room! D:

NF is automatically harder the less people you have in your team too so yea, don't do it solo this week. Revives ftw

Top Bottom