• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

LiK

I briefly considered it too. But just keep the perspective that it's just a game, and there is no finish line. There never will be. Play your characters, level them up the way you find most enjoyable.

Hitting 31 should be the main goal, but that could be made much easier with Xur's visit tomorrow. We shall see.

Bungie wants you all to play this game forever.....
or until Destiny 2 comes out

Deku Tree

Straight up can't hit 31 unless I go buy Vendor gloves to replace raid gloves.

The grind for radiant shards is real. I'll try Crotas End 2nd section as a 30 again today.

Wait... What is the light level of raid gloves if it is fully upgraded to the point where you need to put in Radiant Shards? Thanks!

VoG: open door | 1 Conflux | 2 Confluxes | 3 Confluxes | Oracles | Templar | Maze | Jumping | Gatekeeper | Atheon
Templar's Well takes up half of the raid

CE:
Jump down | Run through darkness | Go Across a bridge | Burn a Witch | Kill Crota
2/5 are in the same room and are essentially parallels of Gatekeepers and Atheon
CE: really feels more like a really great co-op story mission where as VoG was a mysterious dive into lore

You forgot
hallway
so

CE:
Jump down | Run through darkness | Go Across a bridge | Run through a hallway (and Indy slide through a door) | Burn a Witch | Kill Crota
2/6 are in the same room and are essentially parallels of Gatekeepers and Atheon

I'm seriously considering this too. It is a huge timesink and grind to keep 3 characters appropriately-leveled, especially after the DLC basically had everyone start from square one again. I have all 3 characters at Level 30 which is the new 28.

At first I wanted to just experience all 3 classes, plus if I did get a drop that turned out to be for another class other than my main, I wouldn't be too disappointed since I can just equip on the other classes.

Personally, I don't enjoy the Hunter class very much so that may be my first casualty. The Warlock I do like more so I may run two Titans and one Warlock for a bit and see how that goes.

I wouldn't delete characters at this point. It'll be less of a grind to get one from 30 to 31 than 1 to 20, and you never know when a specific class might be useful in a portion of the raid. I'm waiting for Xur tomorrow, but I've got 2 characters with paths 31, and one that isn't far behind. I'm not trying to run all 3 through raids every week right away, so if one character only does the nightfall and weekly a certain week, I'm cool with that.

Deku Tree

Pretty sure you will start the Necrochasm quest when Xur gets here.

What makes you think that? I am curious...

Why wouldn't the nechrochasm be the unique hard mode raid boss exotic drop just like the vex? Bungie is doing a lot of things differently this time so maybe...

Atkison04

Yeah it's nice that the challenge is back. I had pretty much stopped doing bounties, marks, public events, etc once all of them were 30 and had a lot of upgraded weapons.

I guess the hardest part to me is that I equally like all 3 of my characters. They are all awesome in their own way so I couldn't set two of them aside if I wanted to. The logical part of me says to just focus on one to get raid ready and leave the other 2 just for 9 coin/nightfall, but who am I kidding? I want all of my dudes to be top notch.

Rubenov

FR sent. Welcome to the party.

We will finish off Crota tonight.
Time 6:30 eastern

1.westtrade (LVL 31 Titan)
2.pinz123456789 (LVL 31 warlock)
3.Rubenov25 (LVL 31 warlock)
4.thanuggetman (LVL 31 hunter)
5.astropoff (LVL 31 Titan)
6.Kitaj84 (LVL 31 hunter)

2 Titans, 2 Warlocks and 2 Hunters. All 31. Perfection.

FyreWulff

Another annoying gate. Can't even do the bounty to kill X wearing the class mark since it wasn't even possible to be rank 2 and buy it yet.

I don't have a problem with things like shaders and marks behind a level gate, but upgrade materials that will could take weeks before we can buy them are so stupid.

The one she gives you for completing the story bounties for free counts as her class item

Only the faction stuff you can buy off her give bonus rep, tho

I guess the hardest part to me is that I equally like all 3 of my characters. They are all awesome in their own way so I couldn't set two of them aside if I wanted to. The logical part of me says to just focus on one to get raid ready and leave the other 2 just for 9 coin/strikes, but who am I kidding? I want all of my dudes to be top notch.

Exactly, makes doing the same content again and again easier when you can use a different class and change up tactics.

Hello,

Looking for someone to help me with the Siege of the Warmind on heroic for the Eris Bounty.

Lvl 30+ Warlock on xbone

"TheMortarion"

Thanks mucho.

I guess the hardest part to me is that I equally like all 3 of my characters. They are all awesome in their own way so I couldn't set two of them aside if I wanted to. The logical part of me says to just focus on one to get raid ready and leave the other 2 just for 9 coin/strikes, but who am I kidding? I want all of my dudes to be top notch.

That's kind of the way I feel. My warlock was 29 when the DLC launched, then got lucky with drops and now has my easiest path to 31. He was the character I didn't play as much the past few weeks because he never got the raid gear he needed. Now I'm focusing on him and my Tian, and my "main" my hunter probably sees some bench time. Don't mind it much, since vanguard gear is pretty easy to acquire. The way I see it, I've got plenty of time to get them all to 31-32, it's only week 1.

ocean

Banned
Anyone done the nightfall at 29 without feeling like a burden?
Max Fatebringer, Patience & Time and The Swarm (Arc) and I did fine. Other guys were 30 and 28. Took a little longer but my other run (3 30s) was also pretty tedious. Go for it!

zewone

What makes you think that? I am curious...

Why wouldn't the nechrochasm be the unique hard mode raid boss exotic drop just like the vex? Bungie is doing a lot of things differently this time so maybe...

Necrochasm starts as common you upgrade to legendary with an item from Eris.

The item you need to get to make it an exotic probably drops from hard raid still:

destiny_necrochasm.jpg

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Max Fatebringer, Patience & Time and The Swarm (Arc) and I did fine. Other guys were 30 and 28. Took a little longer but my other run (3 30s) was also pretty tedious. Go for it!

Sadly, no fatebringer, but I do have other arc weapons. I did just buy 2 pieces of vanguard gear, so I should level the gear up enough while I unlock the nightfall for myself.

Necrochasm starts as common you upgrade to legendary with an item from Eris.

The item you need to get to make it an exotic probably drops from hard raid still:

destiny_necrochasm.jpg

wow

this mechanic should be in the rest of the game.

reforge + upgrade via special items

give the gunsmith a job

Top Bottom