• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

kidko

Another annoying gate. Can't even do the bounty to kill X wearing the class mark since it wasn't even possible to be rank 2 and buy it yet.

I don't have a problem with things like shaders and marks behind a level gate, but upgrade materials that will could take weeks before we can buy them are so stupid.

Doesn't the class item she gives you count?

Are there other weapons and stuff not shown in Eris' menu that you can get from leveling up? I have Murmur. These bounties are terrible. Not sure why i even want to rank it up

Quest rewards i bet. It is likely that the Urn of Sacrifice quest has a weapon reward. I bet it's a big one like an Exotic Bounty.

Omni

So Crota is a pain in the ass. You really gotta be 31s to have a decent shot, right?

I can't imagine how hard hard is gonna be. Level 34 enemies or something? No revives? I hurt thinking about it

Another annoying gate. Can't even do the bounty to kill X wearing the class mark since it wasn't even possible to be rank 2 and buy it yet.

I don't have a problem with things like shaders and marks behind a level gate, but upgrade materials that will could take weeks before we can buy them are so stupid.

You get a class item as a reward for finishing the Eris quest chain.

raindoc

Anybody actually find the Vex useful in CE? I thought it would be a bit more effective being that it has 323 attack, but I find myself going back to Fatebringer and VoC.

loved it for the first part, but parted with it in the 2nd encounter - it still doesn't deal enough damage to give you an edge when confronted with some of the really, really high-level enemies and the reduced clip-size doesn't help either. I really dig the weapon, used it to solo the "Defend Rasputin" mission and the Wizards dropped likeflies, but in CE... there are enemies out there you would not believe... better bring IB or G'horn.

Anyone else just focusing on one character out if their 3 Level 30s?

The grind is just too much, got my Titan to 31, Hunter has all she needs for 31 but not levelled yet and my Warlock has 3/4 items for 31.

Just going to take it easy with each class and focus on my main Titan.

R0ckman

The grind is just too much, got my Titan to 31, Hunter has all she needs for 31 but not levelled yet and my Warlock has 3/4 items for 31.

It's really hard but I have to jump to my alt and turn her into my main for now because through RNG she was able to get to 31 faster than my main. I just need to level up the gear now.

Jinjo

Yeah same here. Basicly the grind starts over again. Focusing everything on my Titan first and then slowly I'll move to my Warlock and Hunter again. How fast I'll go back to my alts is gonna depend on RNG most of all.

My Hunter is in a better position to reach level 31 first though, thanks to RNG blessing me with a new helmet already.

can someone explain what are the new uses for the new materials for?
This game is bad at explaining why we need these new weird materials.

I know Exotic Shard are for Exotic gear but what about those newly introduced materials? Why am I spending time with Eris missions for?

Navy Bean

So, I just decided to run another Warlock because I have enough backup gear to instantly jump from 20 to 30.

Any advice on quickly leveling?

I'm up to level 6 now (those first few levels are a complete bore). My plan was to first do bounties and public events to over-level a bit and then run story missions on the hardest level.

I'm about to delete my Titan and hunter. I'll just have 3 warlocks going forward. Minimizes the grind and maximizes my equipment leveling. Plus 3 chances at raid gear

Same. Well I have 2 30s and 1 29. I've just been doing 1 L30 character so far but today I'll start the 29 to get him the last piece to finally become legend. Although it's a chest, need commendation. I don't know if I have enough strength to get them ALL to 31. I'll probably make them casual for at least weeklies.

If Xur is a kind soul tomorrow, my titan will have everything needed to be 31. All that will be left is the grind. Same with my hunter.

My Warlock...hasn't even been loaded up since the expansion hit.

MADGAME

Are there other weapons and stuff not shown in Eris' menu that you can get from leveling up? I have Murmur. These bounties are terrible. Not sure why i even want to rank it up

If you want to rank up Murmur attack, you will need to buy a Runed Core from her. Can't buy that unless you rank her up to 3. The grind is everywhere. There is also another item she sells to specifically upgrade weaponry of Hive origin. Want to upgrade them? Grind Eris bounties.

Edit: not sure, but you might get a rune core by dismantling a Murmur...anyone try? I have a dupe on an alt I can dismantle tonight and see

I know Exotic Shard are for Exotic gear but what about those newly introduced materials? Why am I spending time with Eris missions for?

Radiant Shard and Radiant Energy are required to level up raid weapons and armor. Leveling up with Eris will eventually allow you to trade a Shard for an Energy and vice versa.

Ebalming Orb and Runed Core are used to level up specific weapons. I believe the Orb is used to level up Nechrochasm, as it is not obtained as a straight raid drop. It is instead the reward of a long quest chain involving the raid and requiring certain things to drop from the raid to get it to its full potential. The first part of that quest chain is done with that Xur quest available from Eris.

R0ckman

Raid gear and raid weapons.

I'm about to delete my Titan and hunter. I'll just have 3 warlocks going forward. Minimizes the grind and maximizes my equipment leveling. Plus 3 chances at raid gear

If your Titan and Hunter are already upper 20s, I'd recommend not doing that. Don't you enjoy the change of character at times? Also, raid drops are supposed to be smarter so it won't be as crazy as before, supposedly. But RNG can always RNG. If anything keep them for weeklies. It'll take a good 6 hours per new character to get them to 20.

Jinjo

The fact that nobody runs VoG anymore and Bungie decided the new raid gives/needs new materials is kind of a bitch though. Ass materials is gonna be harder to come by now. Can you get to level 30 by using an upgraded exotics and levelling the new vendor legendaries to the point before they need ass materials. How much light would it give then? If it's 28 that would be good and make it achievable.

Edit: it gives 27 before having to use ass materials. So you might have to pump ass mats in two nodes for one item.

X-Frame

I'm seriously considering this too. It is a huge timesink and grind to keep 3 characters appropriately-leveled, especially after the DLC basically had everyone start from square one again. I have all 3 characters at Level 30 which is the new 28.

At first I wanted to just experience all 3 classes, plus if I did get a drop that turned out to be for another class other than my main, I wouldn't be too disappointed since I can just equip on the other classes.

Personally, I don't enjoy the Hunter class very much so that may be my first casualty. The Warlock I do like more so I may run two Titans and one Warlock for a bit and see how that goes.

If Xur is a kind soul tomorrow, my titan will have everything needed to be 31. All that will be left is the grind. Same with my hunter.

My Warlock...hasn't even been loaded up since the expansion hit.

In a reply to everyone since there were quite a few.

I am glad I'm not the only one feeling overwhelmed with the grind again.

Part of me wants to get rid of my other 2 classes, but to throw away all that work would kill me.

Atkison04

I've been wondering the same thing lately myself. It has taken me since Tuesday just to unlock the 9 coin/nightfall with all 3 characters and focusing on the Eris bounties. I haven't even begun to acquire new legendary gear or even think about the raid. It feels straight up overwhelming to think about getting all 3 of my guys up to 31. I'm giving myself 2 weeks to attempt it before I jump into the new raid though. I'm waiting for Xur tomorrow to decide what path to take, then I guess it's time to grind bounties and do a crap ton of tiger strikes to get the marks to buy gear. Still loving the game despite feeling overwhelmed!

k1t4j

FR sent. Welcome to the party.

We will finish off Crota tonight.
Time 6:30 eastern

1.westtrade (LVL 31 Titan)
2.pinz123456789 (LVL 31 warlock)
3.Rubenov25 (LVL 31 warlock)
4.thanuggetman (LVL 31 hunter)
5.astropoff (LVL 31 Titan)
6.Kitaj84 (LVL 31 hunter)

Thanks man see you there :)

I've been wondering the same thing lately myself. It has taken me since Tuesday just to unlock the 9 coin/nightfall with all 3 characters and focusing on the Eris bounties. I haven't even begun to acquire new legendary gear or even think about the raid. It feels straight up overwhelming to think about getting all 3 of my guys up to 31. I'm giving myself 2 weeks to attempt it before I jump into the new raid though. I'm waiting for Xur tomorrow to decide what path to take, then I guess it's time to grind bounties and do a crap ton of tiger strikes to get the marks to buy gear. Still loving the game despite feeling overwhelmed!

Yeah it's nice that the challenge is back. I had pretty much stopped doing bounties, marks, public events, etc once all of them were 30 and had a lot of upgraded weapons.

In a reply to everyone since there were quite a few.

I am glad I'm not the only one feeling overwhelmed with the grind again.

Part of me wants to get rid of my other 2 classes, but to throw away all that work would kill me.

I briefly considered it too. But just keep the perspective that it's just a game, and there is no finish line. There never will be. Play your characters, level them up the way you find most enjoyable.

Hitting 31 should be the main goal, but that could be made much easier with Xur's visit tomorrow. We shall see.

Top Bottom