• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Deku Tree

Necrochasm starts as common you upgrade to legendary with an item from Eris.

The item you need to get to make it an exotic probably drops from hard raid still:

destiny_necrochasm.jpg

Oh wow. I didn't know about that.. Sounds cool. I hope it doesn't require hard raid but we will find out.

Sullichin

For the People + Murmur is a great combo on the new smaller maps. Murmur is better than my Peruns Fire which has shorter charge rate and more range, somehow.

Just need 3 more light for my main Titan to hit 31. RNG is always kind to my main; got all the new vanguard armor (except the helmet) through packages and drops from my Warlock and Hunter alts, all for my Titan lol.

Just need Xur to have a sweet Titan exotic helmet tomorrow, don't have enough marks to buy a vanguard titan helm.

I'm enjoying the new content but I got my LE for $70 bucks, so $5 a piece per DLC. I've been telling my friends, at full price, I don't think the it's worth it, and yet here I am playing this hell out of this game again...

Tokubetsu

Omnigul is the worst strike in the game. Even on lower difficulties it's rubbish. Extremely short, mostly rehashed areas and an end boss that is absolutely no fun to fight.

Like holy fuck bungie, all that feedback about strikes and boss fights and you came up with this?

Just need 3 more light for my main Titan to hit 31. RNG is always kind to my main; got all the new vanguard armor (except the helmet) through packages and drops from my Warlock and Hunter alts, all for my Titan lol.

Just need Xur to have a sweet Titan exotic helmet tomorrow, don't have enough marks to buy a vanguard titan helm.

I'm enjoying the new content but I got my LE for $70 bucks, so $5 a piece per DLC. I've been telling my friends, at full price, I don't think the it's worth it, and yet here I am playing this hell out of this game again...

Congrats man. Don't understand RNG. That someone can get that many drops.

Deku Tree

Omnigul is the worst strike in the game. Even on lower difficulties it's rubbish. Extremely short, mostly rehashed areas and an end boss that is absolutely no fun to fight.

Like holy fuck bungie, all that feedback about strikes and boss fights and you came up with this?

The PS4 exclusive DLC strike is much better than the one that Xbox players got too.
The omnigul kill box final boss room is just extremely poor design.

Omni

I like the new strike.

Also it's fucking stupid that old raid armour is completely useless. I did the hard raid 20 times and I finally unlock the helmet for three weeks and now it's completely outclassed by stuff everyone can buy

Hell the Vault of Glass as a whole is completely irrelevant now.

Atkison04

That's kind of the way I feel. My warlock was 29 when the DLC launched, then got lucky with drops and now has my easiest path to 31. He was the character I didn't play as much the past few weeks because he never got the raid gear he needed. Now I'm focusing on him and my Tian, and my "main" my hunter probably sees some bench time. Don't mind it much, since vanguard gear is pretty easy to acquire. The way I see it, I've got plenty of time to get them all to 31-32, it's only week 1.

I don't even know which character is my main anymore lol. I got all of them to 30 before the dlc hit, and now it's start from scratch time again with all 3. I did manage to snag the new higher level gauntlets on my titan and chestpiece for my hunter by leveling up the vanguard. I haven't spent any marks yet because I want to see what exotic upgrades xur offers before I spend those marks. At least I got all 3 of my guys ready to do the 9 coin/nightfall as of last night, so that's my goal for tonight and tomorrow. Then, back to Eris bounties/vanguard bounties and strikes. I'm giving myself until 12/24 to level up my guys to 31, then I'll start looking to raid. I've been enjoying watching the youtube video's of the raid though! I don't care to go in blind. I'm too much of a prepper for that noise.

Ehh, I like it. The encounter seems different enough, not the usual bullet sponge. Once you knock her shields down, it doesn't seem like she has a ton of HPs.

I like the new strike.

Also it's fucking stupid that old raid armour is completely useless. I did the hard raid 20 times and I finally unlock the helmet for three weeks and now it's completely outclassed by stuff everyone can buy

Yup, so stupid. Getting the Vex if you don't have it, like me, is the only reason to do it. Just running Atheon from this point forward.

Sullichin

20 Crucible marks from having two level 30s. My hunrer which was my second character will be the first to make it to 31, just need an upgraded exotic from Xur. Hoping for Symbiote helm but will also accept Knucklehead Radar or buy something new.

I like the new strike.

Where does this logic come from? VoG is now easier thanks to level 31 and harder hitting guns. Which means:

Shards
Energies
Guns to break
Gear to break

How is it useless when shards and energies are still a prevalent form of currency? How is raid gear useless when right now it gives Damn near 90 bullets to my Fatebringer, 40 to my Murmur, and 7 to my GHorn.....what am I missing here?

My Do Gooder V has both Counterbalance (fixed) and Perfect Balance (optional). Is there any reason to use the two perks together? Counterbalance is kind of confusing because it makes no change to the stability stat even though it says it upgrades stability.

Anyone else notice the new crucible maps have poor spawn points?

I've noticed it the most on The Cauldron. I've spawned right in front of enemy players and I've noticed some of them spawn in front of me as well.

hydruxo

Ehh, I like it. The encounter seems different enough, not the usual bullet sponge. Once you knock her shields down, it doesn't seem like she has a ton of HPs.

What's different about it? I mean I don't get it. She is a bullet sponge no doubt about it, and you have to fight her in a tiny cramped ass room where you barely have room to get shots on her. It's poorly designed.

MADGAME

If Xur is selling an exotic that you own and also offering an upgrade for it, you are better off buying and not upgrading, right?

If you upgrade it costs you 14 strange coins (7 coins to turn in plus 7 coins for Exotic Shard), plus 7k Glimmer.
If you buy, it is 13 strange coins and it's yours.

So if he isn't selling what you want but is offering an upgrade I will go for it, but if the choice to buy is there that is the way to go, right?

Edit: Exotic shard may not factor into the scenario of owning both, since you could dismantle the one you own and get an Exotic Shard. It would still cost 14 coins and 7k glimmer I believe. Also, will upgrade cost be consistent for both weapons and armor?

Omni

Where does this logic come from? VoG is now easier thanks to level 31 and harder hitting guns. Which means:

Shards
Energies
Guns to break
Gear to break

How is it useless when shards and energies are still a prevalent form of currency? How is raid gear useless when right now it gives Damn near 90 bullets to my Fatebringer, 40 to my Murmur, and 7 to my GHorn.....what am I missing here?

Shards are useless with the new raid armour. Energies, okay sure. I'll give you that. But who doesn't have stockpiles of them at this point? I have over 200 IIRC

All of the legendary weapons are lower damages then all the new legendaries. I couldn't beat Crota yesterday and so we just ran through on hard quickly and discovered this. And VoG raid gear still only gets you to level 30. You're better off buying the stuff from the vendor to get you to level 31

cilonen

If Xur is selling an exotic that you own and also offering an upgrade for it, you are better off buying and not upgrading, right?

If you upgrade it costs you 14 strange coins (7 coins to turn in plus 7 coins for Exotic Shard), plus 7k Glimmer.

So if he isn't selling what you want but is offering an upgrade I will go for it, but if the choice to buy is there that is the way to go, right?

Edit: Exotic shard may not factor into the scenario of owning both, since you could dismantle the one you own and get an Exotic Shard. It would still cost 14 coins and 7k glimmer I believe. Also, will upgrade cost be consistent for both weapons and armor?

I thought it only cost 7 coins for the shard - not another 7 to turn in too.

Shards are useless with the new raid armour. Energies, okay sure. I'll give you that. But who doesn't have stockpiles of them at this point? I have over 200 IIRC

All of the legendary weapons are lower damages then all the new legendaries. I couldn't beat Crota yesterday and so we just ran through on hard quickly and discovered this. And VoG raid gear still only gets you to level 30. You're better off buying the stuff from the vendor to get you to level 31

Shards still upgrade all other legendary armor. Energies still upgrade all legendary weapons.

VoG is still relevant, they just need to fix the exotics to have new stats.

If I didn't have 3 people at 30(with all their exotics maxed minus praxic) and every exotic(i own all except mytho) at 300, I'd probably be sitting on tons. But I'm not.

You dismiss Shards as if they were easy to come by without the raid. They werent. I can unDerstand why you are done with the raid, but it's a far from useless place. Same as with the gear. It's perks are good. Being 31 is great but if the perks lean towards pulse rifles and shotguns, it's not favorable for me. Thank God For Options.

Deku Tree

The price we were told to upgrade was 7k glimmer plus one exotic shard. Then you'll need one more exotic shard to max your upgraded weapon. The price to buy a new weapon is 17 coins for a secondary or heavy exotic or 23 coins for a primary exotic. Then you'll also need an exotic shard to upgrade it fully.

I would guess armor was similar although for armor at 13 strange coins it's not clear that it is a better deal to upgrade vs buy new however no guarantee that he'll offer upgrades for the same things that he is selling.

Here is another strat to defeat
Crota
from "up top":

Omni

Shards still upgrade all other legendary armor. Energies still upgrade all legendary weapons.

VoG is still relevant, they just need to fix the exotics to have new stats.

Okay, VoG is still relevant if you haven't done the new raid and got new raid armour or you desperately need materials for some reason (I guess I'm one of the few who ran multiple raids per week and stocked up on everything?). But all the weapon and armour drops have been nullified at this point. Which is a big reason why people were doing it, I think. Or at least the people I was with /shrugs

Still. They could have increased the level of enemies and buffed all the equipment to level 31 at least.

And perks? Hmm. I'd take a 30% increase in damage output by being level 31 over extra ammo any day. But different strokes, I guess

cilonen

You need 7 coins and an exotic shard to turn in your existing exotic for an upgraded version.

If you already have an exotic shard from dismantling (which many of us do), then yes it will only cost 7 coins and the shard. If you don't have a shard, it is 7 coins for the upgrade and another 7 for a shard.

I'm fairly sure it's just the glimmer and the shard to upgrade to unlevelled vanilla exotic 2.0.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I thought it only cost 7 coins for the shard - not another 7 to turn in too.
Yeah, I'm confused about this. I thought the cost of the upgrade was one exotic shard + 7000 glimmer. I'd never heard there was a 7 coin cost besides that which it'd cost you if you don't have a shard.

Top Bottom