• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

rNilla

Has anyone thought about glimmer farming on the stairs of the Undying Mind strike with the legions of yellow Vex? It was nearly unending last night in Vanguard ROC. Good luck getting randoms to play that strike with you after about a week or two.

Yes, I thought most of the DLC missions and strikes had glimmer farming potential when I was going through them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm in a similar boat, here. I don't have any alts at all. I'm just resigned to the fact that I'll always be a little behind. I wasn't quite ready to have HM VoG on farm when TDB came out, and I won't quite have CE on farm when HoW comes out.

Not worth stressing over. This is supposed to be fun.
Even with alts that are at/near raid-readiness, I don't have the piles and piles of ascendant materials and strange coins that many in this thread do. I'm just not really willing to play enough in total to always be on the cutting edge and I'm more than okay with that. So far I've been able to accomplish a lot just doing the stuff I feel like doing each day/week.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Hadn't played this in a while. Was so close to just giving up on it. I got so bored of it and didn't realise how close I was to the end of the story. Only had two missions left! So that's me finished and at level 20.

Not sure what to do next. I got a notification saying I have to level up with light now? I don't understand what that means exactly. Looking through this topic I have no idea what any one is talking about.

Upgrading an old Sunbreaker: initial cost of 7K glimmer and an exotic shard. Will eventually need an exotic shard to max. (14 coins)

Buying a Xur exotic. initial cost of 13 coins. Will eventually cost an exotic shard. (20 coins)

If you go with buying it, you can scrap the other other and reduce the cost by 7 coins, which equals 13 coins total.

This scenario only works for cheaper items.

Ah, I get what you're saying. You're considering the overall cost to upgrade it completely, not just to transform it.

Dave_6

I'm in a similar boat, here. I don't have any alts at all. I'm just resigned to the fact that I'll always be a little behind. I wasn't quite ready to have HM VoG on farm when TDB came out, and I won't quite have CE on farm when HoW comes out.

Not worth stressing over. This is supposed to be fun.

Not stressing as the game is still really fun to me. Just tired of some folks acting like were all supposed to have a vault overflowing with unusable shards, energy and exotics for all 3 level 30 characters that we don't have.

Plus, the VoG is still really enjoyable to me and for whatever reason I still want all the weapons and armor it drops. Especially the fucking Fatebringer and the Vex...

WipedOut

Finished all nightfall's

Titan - Glasshouse
Hunter - 9 Coins
Warlock - 9 coins

Need to do weekly on hunter again for 3 more coins on 30 and warlock needs to do weekly on 30 also. Have 53 strange coins already.

radmats for me so far too.
tumblr_lmzrifpFp61qh7gfao1_500.gif

tumblr_ljpq2nYt9D1qzgjfco1_500.gif

Bizazedo

RNGod doesn't look at your KDR, but what's inside your heart.

you need to play like shit to get anything good in PVP

Untrue. I got two of my FIVE Last Words from PvP. And my Gjallahorn.

Two of those I was highest on points! I even posted the pic here :).

Scarlet can correct me if I'm wrong but he shouldn't have any issue killing the gatekeeper if he gets across fast enough due to us having a titan on the other side already who flashes the gatekeeper. Our problem was timing killing the sword guy and getting the bridge up at the correct times so that the sword doesn't vanish. Really more just an execution problem on our part for those of us still on the original side.

Maybe we were lucky, but we never had that issue.

We never ran into a timing issue because we were able to keep the bridge up at all times.

What Kelson said. Just have the
3 dudes on the new side keep the bridge up 24/7. There's zero reason for the original side to keep up the bridge after the 3rd one goes over.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I only got Energy. this game hates me and wants me to quit.

It's okay, I've had 2 runs up to Crota and got the first chest on 3 characters and I haven't had a single piece of gear drop. Some of the people I've run it with already have Chest/Boots/Gloves....

I guess in the end it wont matter because it's going to take forever to level the raid gear up anyway, and the way things are going so far, I will have a stockpile of shards ready. It's just a bummer when people in your raid group are getting cool shit and you continuously get shit on lol. So for the reset I don't know if that means it's my turn to get some gear since Bungie said they had drop systems in place so it doesn't turn into another VOG.

So there must be a glitch of some sort that stops purple engrams from dropping, right? I have not gotten one for over two months. Definitely a glitch. If I email Bungie would they give me some purple drops? Please. Just one. I'm getting a good 10 blues a day and none turn purple either. For weeks now. Definitely a glitch.

lunlunqq

Maybe we were lucky, but we never had that issue.

As soon as we had 3 across the bridge, we made those 3 keep the bridge open instead of the original side. One person under each totem and one in the middle. The people who already had crossed helped snipe the Swordbearer and the people on the original side just found safe places off the ground to kill non-thrall mobs and the swordbearer.

We never ran into a timing issue because we were able to keep the bridge up at all times.

I still have one question:
Does the sword vanish timer starts as soon as it's dropped? Or when you actually pick it up? If it's the latter, then maybe we can kill the sword guy, then wait until the bridge is fully formed to pick the sword up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I KNOW all of these spoilers are incredibly helpful tips for where my group is up to, I can feel it. must resists.

Hoodbury

What Kelson said. Just have the
3 dudes on the new side keep the bridge up 24/7. There's zero reason for the original side to keep up the bridge after the 4th one goes over.

we never made it to getting the 4th sword guy down on the original side, something always caused us to wipe by then. Usually we wiped in the process of getting the 3rd guy over. I think we have some new stuff to try for tonight though so thanks for the help and suggestions. Definitely interested in trying the running back up to the checkpoint spot for safety.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
why haven't you started?!~
Hmm? We got past the first section last night (I got gloves :#) and made a lot of progress at the
bridge getting up to 3 across to the Gatekeepers
but people had to crash. We're going back in on Sunday night.

edit: Hm, speaking of which, I'd like to run/teach people the first section using my other two characters sometime before the reset. I realllllly like it and was starting to feel pretty comfortable with by the time we succeeded. 29s will be fine for this.

I'm a little concerned that we didn't spot any chests yet though, I feel like we must've missed one :/

spyder_ur

Not stressing as the game is still really fun to me. Just tired of some folks acting like were all supposed to have a vault overflowing with unusable shards, energy and exotics for all 3 level 30 characters that we don't have.

Plus, the VoG is still really enjoyable to me and for whatever reason I still want all the weapons and armor it drops. Especially the fucking Fatebringer and the Vex...

Ha, yeah, I hear ya on that. I just tell myself that many people here really are the 1% in terms of progression and that the content is not going anywhere.

I am down to go back to the hard VoG with you - a little better prepared this time than last.

EL CUCO

So now that going in blind to CE happened, I have to say, even though we wiped a SHIT ton of times in this part
traveling through the Abyss with our crew was a freaking blast.

It's definitely been the highlight of the Raid for me.

LiK

Hmm? We got past the first section last night (I got gloves :#) and made a lot of progress at the
bridge getting up to 3 across to the Gatekeepers
but people had to crash. We're going back in on Sunday night.

oh, thought you didn't start yet. my bad

zewone

So now that going in blind to CE happened, I have to say, even though we wiped a SHIT ton of times in this part
traveling through the Abyss with our crew was a freaking blast.

My favorite phase too.

It's also much more fun fighting hive instead of vex. At least knights have crit spots.

Screw your Minotaurs.

PuMa

Preach! Can't agree more.

MADGAME

Are we still a go for tonight around 6:30 EST? Haven't seen anything about a full group. Just wondering if I should rush to get home tonight - don't want to hold things up.

Yep, still good. I'm meeting my regular group later this evening, approximately 3-3.5 hours or so after our start time. If all who said they wanted to play are still available, we will need 2 more. My buddy Sentient may join if available and has experience through Crota.

So there must be a glitch of some sort that stops purple engrams from dropping, right? I have not gotten one for over two months. Definitely a glitch. If I email Bungie would they give me some purple drops? Please. Just one. I'm getting a good 10 blues a day and none turn purple either. For weeks now. Definitely a glitch.

I've only had one legendary engram drop in the wild for my entire Destiny career since launch across two characters. That kind of drop rate should be reserved for exotic engrams, which I don't believe can even drop in the wild, unfortunately.

Has Bungie mentioned anything about newly added friends to XBL via XB1 showing up on bungie.net? It still only shows people you have added on the 360. I thought there was a mention of this but I could be wrong.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yep, still good. I'm meeting my regular group later this evening, approximately 3-3.5 hours or so after our start time. If all who said they wanted to play are still available, we will need 2 more. My buddy Sentient may join if available and has experience through Crota.

I can probably find ppl to fill it up if needed.

I've only had one legendary engram drop in the wild for my entire Destiny career since launch across two characters. That kind of drop rate should be reserved for exotic engrams, which I don't believe can even drop in the wild, unfortunately.

It's really ridiculous. I've got a friend you is way less into the game and has played probably a third of the time I have and in the last two days alone he's gotten 3 legendary drops.

FyreWulff

I hope Destiny gets CTF or King of the Hill eventually. I want some actual objective gametypes where only the objective gets you points.

Bizazedo

I got a Legendary last night in a Cryptarch package. It was armor, I was excited!!

....then I saw it was the OLD Crucible armor. Yay.

This raid feels smaller and quicker than VoG. I was surprised we were over halfway through, basically.

That being said, each part has stressed teamwork and I've enjoyed it more than VoG so far. But, again, that's because the snipe cheese ruined Templar / Templar Oracles.

Has Bungie mentioned anything about newly added friends to XBL via XB1 showing up on bungie.net? It still only shows people you have added on the 360. I thought there was a mention of this but I could be wrong.

Hahaha. Asking xbox questions in a PS thread. I'd like to know why the ingame friends list doesn't update at all sometimes. I'll find myself alone but I really have 10 people on.

Top Bottom