• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Video please. What did you get for drops?.

Yeah, I'm going to trim it up in a minute (~7 minutes from
window break to dead
). Just trying to get the grind sorted on my Warlock to start moving her towards 31... No rest for the weary.

Edit: Forgot to mention drops. From the 11 I've seen (since I didn't get them 2nd time):

-Everyone got a secondary or heavy weapon. Shotty, sniper, fusion, or rockets.
-Everyone got the emblem, shader, and shards or energy
-Nobody got armor. Small sample size but there may be only two known potential armor drops per raid right now (darkness + bridge).

I still have one question:
Does the sword vanish timer starts as soon as it's dropped? Or when you actually pick it up? If it's the latter, then maybe we can kill the sword guy, then wait until the bridge is fully formed to pick the sword up.

Honestly, after the first Swordbearer goes down, there should never be a timing issue. Here's what we did.

-Two under each totem, one in the middle. One player I referred to as "the floater"
-Floater is responsible for going to whichever side the Swordbearer comes to first and helps take him down.
-Wait until bridge is formed to kill Swordbearer. One person under whichever totem he came to takes the sword and crosses. This leaves: One person across, two under one totem, one under the other, one person on bridge button, and floater.
-Take down the next Swordbearer ASAP
-Whichever side had two under the totem, one takes the sword and crosses.
-Floater continues to support bridge builder and totems
-Take down Swordbearer ASAP, floater takes sword and crosses.
-IMPORTANT!!! The people who have crossed should have been able to kill the Gatekeepers, leaving just random adds on that side. These people now take position, one under each totem, one building the bridge.
-People on the original side now get to safe spots to kill adds and wait for Swordbearers.
-People who have crossed support the other side with sniping as much as possible.

After that, it should be pretty straightforward. It is just a matter of getting the last 3 across. As you can see, there is never a time when the bridge goes down, and there never should be. Critical to this strategy is that the crossed people take responsibility for building the bridge as soon as 3 are there.

Samus4145

I hope Destiny gets CTF or King of the Hill eventually. I want some actual objective gametypes where only the objective gets you points.

CTF would be nice to have. Even less effort, I want them to add the Moon and the other Mars map to Control. Just remove the vehicles and anti-vehicle guns and add them into the playlist.

I wonder if we should switch you to going second? I haven't been to the other side yet so I don't know how hard it is over there but maybe it'd be better to get you over sooner?
my method is because of how we structured our group
4-6 don't help kill swordbearer, they're busy with adds
because of this 3 is alone to kill swordbearer. the 29 couldn't handle it, he was 3 for a while. If center and 3 team up on the center circle, killing adds and swordbearer, maybe. anyways that's why we made the 29 go second.

Looking for a group to do the Nightfall in about 2.5 hours.

I did it on my 31 hunter and need to run it on my 30 titan (and 28 warlock but i'll save that for another day).

Let me know who has some room. I have a maxed FB and all the other good stuff (Mytho, IB, VoC, Murmur, blah blah blah, no Horn though)

PS4: GKW212

I'm slightly out of the loop. Are motes of light used for anything anymore? Can you buy anything from Xur with them?

Exotic engrams are purchased from Xur with motes when he happens to bring them. Also, Iron Banner used them as a currency for some stuff.

And the speaker always sells those class items.

stb

Not stressing as the game is still really fun to me. Just tired of some folks acting like were all supposed to have a vault overflowing with unusable shards, energy and exotics for all 3 level 30 characters that we don't have.

Plus, the VoG is still really enjoyable to me and for whatever reason I still want all the weapons and armor it drops. Especially the fucking Fatebringer and the Vex...

Yeah, I still need VoC, Fatebringer, and Found Verdict. Wouldn't sneer at Corrective Measure.

Does the sword vanish timer starts as soon as it's dropped? Or when you actually pick it up? If it's the latter, then maybe we can kill the sword guy, then wait until the bridge is fully formed to pick the sword up.

We killed him the one time to test this and let the sword sit there. After a little bit it was picked up and almost instantly vanished. So i want to say the timer starts as soon as you kill him... Which is why we avoided doing so if the bridge was down for some reason.

spyder_ur

Yep, still good. I'm meeting my regular group later this evening, approximately 3-3.5 hours or so after our start time. If all who said they wanted to play are still available, we will need 2 more. My buddy Sentient may join if available and has experience through Crota.

Sounds good - I'll be home and finished a dog walk by 6:15-6:20. Spyder_ur.

(Unsure) as soon as it drops. We dropped swordbearer but no one picked up the word for a while. Had someone pick up sword, see the message "x picked up sword" but never even went to third person and died swordless while trying to cross bridge.

Exotic engrams are purchased from Xur with motes when he happens to bring them. Also, Iron Banner used them as a currency for some stuff.

And the speaker always sells those class items.

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure if Xur still took them as I've missed the last few weekends and I didn't remember seeing him selling them last time I was there. Good to know.

stb

Hmm? We got past the first section last night (I got gloves :#) and made a lot of progress at the
bridge getting up to 3 across to the Gatekeepers
but people had to crash. We're going back in on Sunday night.

edit: Hm, speaking of which, I'd like to run/teach people the first section using my other two characters sometime before the reset. I realllllly like it and was starting to feel pretty comfortable with by the time we succeeded. 29s will be fine for this.

I'm a little concerned that we didn't spot any chests yet though, I feel like we must've missed one :/

I'm 29, and would like to make sure I at least get the "free" chest this week. I'll be on tonight. We're already friends on PSN, so hit me up if you're doing this.

Grinding Crucible for marks has reminded me how little they give out for your effort. I saw a good suggestion on Reddit that you should get a few extra for placing high on your team. That's probably one of the best suggestions I've heard for rewarding good performance there fairly without discouraging people who'll rarely do well.

spyder_ur

Do you get Ass Mats from all solo public events now? I thought it was just the first.

I've definitely gotten them from events after the first one, as a matter of fact I've gotten more than one from an event a few times recently. They clearly changed the frequency of those drops.

Bizazedo

After that, it should be pretty straightforward. It is just a matter of getting the last 3 across. As you can see, there is never a time when the bridge goes down, and there never should be. Critical to this strategy is that the crossed people take responsibility for building the bridge as soon as 3 are there.

We were pretty dumb / simple about it the first time we did it.

We sent 5 over and left the poor #6 on the other side, sniping. We just finished it with 5.

I can't remember the WHY part of why we did that.

Why aren't you sending him over 4th or 5th out of curiosity? It's not like he can't hide in safety when the job of keeping the bridge open switches to the opposite side + it'll allow more higher leveled people over there to fend off the baddies.
Query?
stage 2 stuff. in my setup that wouldn't work
4-6 have to solo holding a circle, which would be difficult at 29. as 1-3 he gets 2 others helping him kill swordbearers
could work with other setups though
2, 1, 2 + floater method he can be on a totem with a partner (swordholder 3), and when his partner leaves with the sword he can freely die as the new side are now the bridgebuilers and old side should retreat to stairs/pillars in the pit

Hmm? We got past the first section last night (I got gloves :#) and made a lot of progress at the
bridge getting up to 3 across to the Gatekeepers
but people had to crash. We're going back in on Sunday night.

edit: Hm, speaking of which, I'd like to run/teach people the first section using my other two characters sometime before the reset. I realllllly like it and was starting to feel pretty comfortable with by the time we succeeded. 29s will be fine for this.

I'm a little concerned that we didn't spot any chests yet though, I feel like we must've missed one :/

I'd like to be apart of this when you decide to do it with my 29 warlock. Whenever you do set a day or time, could it be in the evening? PSN is: Cooi_breeze

stb

Plus, the VoG is still really enjoyable to me and for whatever reason I still want all the weapons and armor it drops. Especially the fucking Fatebringer and the Vex...

Damn those are some good guns - let's head back to VoG and run a hard mode this weekend - should be alot easier than our last adventure.

Let's do it.

Which reminds me, I need to re-post the "Atheon-and-on-and-on" group message. Cosmos's Atheon x3 thing is OK, but it doesn't help us folks that need something other than Vex and 300 Aspect of Glasses(? Aspects of Glass?).

JimPanzer

why can't I change the difficulty of the daily? seriously, bungie fuck off. stop fixing stuff that ain't broken. I don't want to spend 1 hour on a mission that I can beat in under 10 minutes on the standard difficulty. the daily should not be a gear check but a way to get gear.

ffs. I'm done with destiny
for today

Yep, still good. I'm meeting my regular group later this evening, approximately 3-3.5 hours or so after our start time. If all who said they wanted to play are still available, we will need 2 more. My buddy Sentient may join if available and has experience through Crota.
I'll be up for it later tonight. What time do you want to do it?

3rd encounter spoilers:

We (almost) did that. team went to the left, I took the right alone. Lured wizard out, team-killed him, I went in and killed the Shrieker, traverse to the left, meet up with team, go in.
Problem: a gazillion of knights that followed us up the stairs as soon as we entered the structure, leaving us almost no time to aim because we were forced tojump constantly due to the Knight's OHK melee attacks.
I'm the only 31 in the team, so I can take about 1,15 melee hits - at one point I decided to turn in g'horn for pocket infinity and just ran/jumped in circles around the Deathsinger. got her down to somewhere between 10-20 percent a couple of times, but never managed to kill her. It got really late, so we quit.

One question: what triggers the countdown? entering the area? killing the shriekers?
Killing an enemy. This is why you bypass the two knights at the entrance. After you kill the first wizard you'll notice it says something like 'the death singer prepares her song'. Thas when the timer starts. If you get hit by a knight the timer can start too, I think.

Edit: Just realized how late of a response this is. Hopefully it still helps.

hEist

The Conspiracy!

Its REAL!!!!!!!

10291285_10154917956265032_4395553117649426385_n.jpg

i know this feeling...

Destiny_20141211165118.jpg

Bizazedo

stage 2 stuff. in my setup that wouldn't work
4-6 have to solo holding a circle, which would be difficult at 29. as 1-3 he gets 2 others helping him kill swordbearers

That was our point, though. Since he's 29, the other setups where
as soon as the third member of the squad gets across, the original side bail from the totems / circle and hightail it to a safe area. Their responsibility for the bridge is over.

That seemed to make more sense to "protect" the 29 to us.

Again, though, multiple methods could work.

"The point is he's dead! And the Matrix died with him!"

What the hell? You earned that package after the patch?

I got an old armor but it was 33 light.

Yes, I did. It did not display the max as 33 light. I was sad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm 29, and would like to make sure I at least get the "free" chest this week. I'll be on tonight. We're already friends on PSN, so hit me up if you're doing this.
I think I would like to do at least one run of the first section tonight, but I don't know about any "free" chests! :-/

If it's before the first loot drop, can you describe (in spoiler tags) where it is?

Huh, you guys already got 3 pieces? Is this fairly typical? They really improved the drop rate then.

I'm guessing you were just lucky tho or had 3 characters of same class?

(I dont have new dlc, so I'm curious)

hahahahhhahhhahahaaha

3 stage 2's, 2 stage 1's, 2 start chests, 1 (spoiler) chest

8 drops: 6 energy drops, 2 shard drops

Top Bottom