• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

stb

I think I would like to do at least one run of the first section tonight, but I don't know about any "free" chests! :-/

If it's before the first loot drop, can you describe (in spoiler tags) where it is?

You know it. Spoiler?
The free chest. When you drop into the Hellmouth, a chest spawns randomly in one of the little rooms on the sides. If you keep dying, you can get it to spawn in the one on the left before any mobs

Edit: Spoiler:

Bizazedo

3rd encounter spoilers:

We (almost) did that. team went to the left, I took the right alone. Lured wizard out, team-killed him, I went in and killed the Shrieker, traverse to the left, meet up with team, go in.

Clarification question.

Do the shriekers spawn when both wizards are down, or does each respective shrieker spawn when their respective wizards go down?

squadr0n

Hey Destiny Gaf! This thread is moving pretty fast so I will just get to the point!

Im Looking for a group of people on PS4 for:

The Weekly Strike
The Weekly Nightfall
or
The Vault of Glass Raid

Im stuck on level 29 until I can get a better helmet so if anyone is looking for an extra player or wants to get a group together send me an invite!

PSN: Squadon

FyreWulff

Has Bungie mentioned anything about newly added friends to XBL via XB1 showing up on bungie.net? It still only shows people you have added on the 360. I thought there was a mention of this but I could be wrong.

I think this is still the only way you can show XBL friends via external sites due to API limitations

zewone

I think I would like to do at least one run of the first section tonight, but I don't know about any "free" chests! :-/

If it's before the first loot drop, can you describe (in spoiler tags) where it is?

It's a chest in a room in the maze. It can drop exotics. It's random room each time your team wipes. It's possible to get it to spawn in a door right by the spawn point.

MADGAME

I'll be up for it later tonight. What time do you want to do it?

We are starting a fresh one at 6:30-ish EST with a couple open slots.

I'm meeting my regular group a few hours later but not sure if there is a slot open on that one. We are at Crota and as a team really started to mesh getting his health down. I'm hopeful it won't take us long but who knows. If we are quick, I'll start another after that one but if we don't take him down in a reasonable amount of time or even at all then my next raid won't be until tomorrow.

Gotta love leveling the cryptarch and getting three blue engrams and have all three decrypt blue, after getting another 10 in one sitting and having them all go blue as well. Sigh.

Yeah I think people are misunderstanding how the upgrade process works.

To do the upgrade you need:
-Old item
-Shard
-7k glimmer.

How you get that shard is up to you, but at the most, it will cost you 7 coins. It will never cost you 14 coins!
That guys example is to max.

To max a weapon: 1 shard = 7 coins

Old weapon to new: old+shard+7k = old+7coins+7k
then to max: +1shard = +7coins
total old to new: old+14coins+7k

buy new: 13 coins
break down old weapon: shard + 100~ glimmer
then to max: use shard from above
total buy new, break old: 13coins, get 100~ glimmer

conclusion: buying a new armor exotic probably won't cost 13 coins this time

Namikaze1

I started the week with a 5 hour final exam. Fall term ended with a half hour exam.

Fuck this shit! I'm outtie!
Destiny, here I come!

That guys example is to max.

To max a weapon: 1 shard = 7 coins

Old weapon to new: old+shard+7k = old+7coins+7k
then to max: +1shard = +7coins
total old to new: old+14coins+7k

buy new: 13 coins
break down old weapon: shard + 100~ glimmer
then to max: use shard from above
total buy new, break old: 13coins, get 100~ glimmer

conclusion: buying a new armor exotic probably won't cost 13 coins this time

oh wow

I am guessing they will up the price of new exotics to 14 coins or more, similar to how they upped the 65-mark vendor armor to 75 marks.

R0ckman

We killed him the one time to test this and let the sword sit there. After a little bit it was picked up and almost instantly vanished. So i want to say the timer starts as soon as you kill him... Which is why we avoided doing so if the bridge was down for some reason.

Designed probably to prevent you from going in and just using the sword freely, but was done lazily. The best option would be to program the sword to be attached to one guardian (who picks it up) and one gatekeeper, if any of these conditions are met - original guardian owner dies/drops it like a moron, gatekeeper dies - the sword disappears. So even if the gatekeeper tied to the sword generation falls off the map, the process can continue.

stb

Crota's the new kid on the block, and the first raid is no longer en "VoG-ue", but does anyone want to form static group to keep running it in hard mode weekly?

The goal would be to have the same folks run it week-in, week-out (hopefully with a few extras in case anyone can't make it on a given week) on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

Team1:
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - 29/Titan (with soon-to-be-maxed AE, void Swarm, and HV, as well as maxed Ice Breaker and maxed Ghorn)
2) Dave_6 (PSN Daves87) - 29/Hunter
3) westtrade (PSN westtrade) 30/Titan & 30/Warlock
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - 30/Titan & 29/Warlock
5) LkPr (PSN LkPr) - 29/Warlock
6) Hawkian (PSN Hawkian) - 30/Titan & 30/Hunter & 29/Warlock
a1) firehawk12 (PSN firehawk1234) - 30/Titan & 30/Hunter & 30/Warlock
a2) Owlowiscious (PSN PikaPuff) - 30/Titan & 30/Hunter & 30/Warlock
a3)

Team 2:
1) ArkkAngel007 (PSN ArkkAngel007) - 30/Hunter
2) death4romabove22 (PSN death4romabove22) - 29/hunter & 30/Warlock
3) MADGAME (PSN MADGAME) - 31/Titan
4) FloatingDivider (PSN YzeNup) - 30/Titan & 31/Hunter & 31/Warlock
5)
6)
a1)
a2)
a3)

Rearranged because I forgot some people (Owl and firehawk) asked to be alts. Looks like we still need:
- 2 regulars for Team 2
- 4 alts

I'll set up a PSN chat and we can nail down times.

k1t4j

i know this feeling...

Destiny_20141211165118.jpg

I'm going to test this right now

feeding in Control for a chance at an exotic

according to gaming discussion, we're only on OT12 because of all the looking for group posts

And because of all the complaining. I mean, damn... it's like I need to be on blood pressure meds or something.

Also, you on tonight? I need to hit up the store to feed my craving first though. I need salt and a lot of it. Like beef jerky dipped in worcestershire sauce. Mmm...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You know it. Spoiler?
The free chest. When you drop into the Hellmouth, a chest spawns randomly in one of the little rooms on the sides. If you keep dying, you can get it to spawn in the one on the left before any mobs

Edit: Spoiler:
It's a chest in a room in the maze. It can drop exotics. It's random room each time your team wipes. It's possible to get it to spawn in a door right by the spawn point.
Whoa. Okay. what. So,
you don't find out what room it's in, you keep wiping to reset the spawn until it spawns in one that you can get to without fighting anything?
a lot of the discussion is about having a lvl 29 in the raid. I hope saying this out of tags isn't a spoiler.
No, that's not a spoiler, and that's really interesting. I'm even more curious now, but I bet looking at them will still give away key factors we're in the middle of figuring out so I will be strong :D

LkPr

Crota's the new kid on the block, and the first raid is no longer en "VoG-ue", but does anyone want to form static group to keep running it in hard mode weekly?

The goal would be to have the same folks run it week-in, week-out (hopefully with a few extras in case anyone can't make it on a given week) on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - 29/Titan (with soon-to-be-maxed AE, void Swarm, and HV, as well as maxed Ice Breaker and maxed Ghorn)
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - 29/Titan & 29/Warlock
5)
6)
a2)
a3)

Ourobolus, coy, coy's pal that helped last night whose GAF handle I don't know? That'd give us a full crew to start.

I'd be down for that! GAF/PSN = LkPr. Currently 29 Warlock but should be 30 tonight. I'm EST as well...

No, that's not a spoiler, and that's really interesting. I'm even more curious now, but I bet looking at them will still give away key factors we're in the middle of figuring out so I will be strong :D

They would indeed, as they're basically about how best to work the mechanics in order to get maximize my value during that fight :)

spyder_ur

5)
6)
a2)
a3)

Ourobolus, coy, coy's pal that helped last night whose GAF handle I don't know? That'd give us a full crew to start.

You can mark my Titan to 30 if it matters - Warlock will be there shortly as well. Poor Hunter...

5)
6)
a2)
a3)

PSN PikaPuff, 30+ all classes. Put me as an alt, try to see if I'm online anytime you need an alt. My schedule is so wonky that I can't be a main.

As a hunter, am I the only one that likes the start game class item? It's a not-cape, a scarf with no back. Doesn't hide your head, doesn't hide your back. I like it.

Bizazedo

I'm going to test this right now

feeding in Control for a chance at an exotic

There's nothing to test. Everyone has a chance. Sometimes, low man on the totem pole gets it.

Human psychology being what it is, we remember when we felt wronged.

All "testing" or afk'ng is is being an ass to other players.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

5)
6)
a2)
a3)
This group looks so fun... have a 30 Hunter and Titan, 29 Warlock... but what time/day are we talking here?

zewone

As a hunter, am I the only one that likes the start game class item? It's a not-cape, a scarf with no back. Doesn't hide your head, doesn't hide your back. I like it.

I see people using it randomly. Hunter helmets are really ugly from the back.

Please cover your shame.

oh yes, the spoiler tags are indeed huge spoilers so don't look at them, just answering why there's so many replies and discussion

stb

You can mark my Titan to 30 if it matters - Warlock will be there shortly as well. Poor Hunter...

Done.

I'd be down for that! GAF/PSN = LkPr. Currently 29 Warlock but should be 30 tonight. I'm EST as well...

Added.

I think I'd like to get in on that Weekly VoG Hard too. Just need to know when it'll actually be going on.

I'll make a PSN chat group for this. We can nail a time down. I'm leaning toward Friday night or as early as possibles.

PSN PikaPuff, 30+ all classes. Put me as an alt, try to see if I'm online anytime you need an alt. My schedule is so wonky that I can't be a main.

Added.

Greenymac

Yes, I thought most of the DLC missions and strikes had glimmer farming potential when I was going through them.

i thought the same thing, but noticed that no glimmer was being banked and realized that bungie had to notice this and take away glimmer for that strike. Go try it. You will get no glimmer and like it...

5)
6)
a2)
a3)

I'm up for weekly runs, but not until this weekend after the deployment madness passes. After that I should be good for practically any time during the week. 30 Hunter (PSN-ArkkAngel007)

realcZk

And because of all the complaining. I mean, damn... it's like I need to be on blood pressure meds or something.

Also, you on tonight? I need to hit up the store to feed my craving first though. I need salt and a lot of it. Like beef jerky dipped in worcestershire sauce. Mmm...

maybe for a bit, theres nothing i want to do until friday lol, got a lot of dragon age to catch up on

Source? Just curious :)

It was in the thread about "will gaming review sites hold destiny accountable for its terrible DLC" or something like that, someone had gone through the OT on one page and counted the amount of LFG posts when looking at the OT growth graph in the first post, cant recall who but it was near the end of the thread.

ryseing

Hey Destiny Gaf! This thread is moving pretty fast so I will just get to the point!

Im Looking for a group of people on PS4 for:

The Weekly Strike
The Weekly Nightfall
or
The Vault of Glass Raid

Im stuck on level 29 until I can get a better helmet so if anyone is looking for an extra player or wants to get a group together send me an invite!

PSN: Squadon

Sent. Want to do the Weekly Strike.

realcZk

Anybody doing VOG tonight? I can do runs of normal and hard twice since I need shards to get my Titan to 31.

hmm i could actually use another vog (normal or hard), i know LiK needed one too. i probably wouldnt be available until around 6pm CST / 7 EST if that works

psn is bytestyle

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
stb anytime Friday after 7:00PM EST is okay with me, I can reschedule my Nightfall/Weekly Clinic accordingly
I'm amazed this game is already on its OT12.
you should be amazed because it's amazing. it's unprecedented and to some degree inexplicable. Very quiet, amid constant complaint, Destiny is lightning in a bottle. we are almost a fifth of the way through OT12 already.

4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - 30/Titan & 29/Warlock
5) LkPr (PSN LkPr) - 29/Warlock
6) Hawkian (PSN Hawkian) - ??/??
a2) Owlowiscious (PSN PikaPuff) - 0/Titan & 30/Hunter & 30/Warlock
a3)

I'd like to have at least one more alt in case someone can't make it.

Ourobolus? coy? coy's pal that helped last night whose GAF handle I don't know?

Cab I join ? Psn death4romabove22 hunter 29 30 warlock

Top Bottom