• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
edit: For that raid Roster, I have a 30 Hunter, 30 Titan, and 29 Warlock

It was in the thread about "will gaming review sites hold destiny accountable for its terrible DLC" or something like that, someone had gone through the OT on one page and counted the amount of LFG posts when looking at the OT growth graph in the first post, cant recall who but it was near the end of the thread.
whoaaaa that is hilarious. I have to find this.

I need two more Xbox One players 30 or above for Crota's End. Were starting at 830 EST tonight.

1. ProgenitorRyan (Titan)
2. ILOVEASIANS (Hunter)
3. Ashmay777 (Titan)
4. r3dfr0st

Shoot me a PM with your GamerTag, class and level. Thank you!

MADGAME

Crota's the new kid on the block, and the first raid is no longer en "VoG-ue", but does anyone want to form static group to keep running it in hard mode weekly?

The goal would be to have the same folks run it week-in, week-out (hopefully with a few extras in case anyone can't make it on a given week) on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - 29/Titan (with soon-to-be-maxed AE, void Swarm, and HV, as well as maxed Ice Breaker and maxed Ghorn)
2) Dave_6 (PSN Daves87) - 29/Hunter
3) westtrade (PSN westtrade) 30/Titan & 30/Warlock
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - 30/Titan & 29/Warlock
5) LkPr (PSN LkPr) - 29/Warlock
6) Hawkian (PSN Hawkian) - ??/??
a1) firehawk12 (PSN firehawk1234) - 30/Titan & 30/Hunter & 30/Warlock
a2) Owlowiscious (PSN PikaPuff) - 0/Titan & 30/Hunter & 30/Warlock
a3)

I'd like to have at least one more alt in case someone can't make it.

Ourobolus? coy? coy's pal that helped last night whose GAF handle I don't know?

Good idea. I would enjoy this and the weekends work great for me. PSN same as GAF, level 31 Titan with all maxed weapons needed for VoG

Crota's the new kid on the block, and the first raid is no longer en "VoG-ue", but does anyone want to form static group to keep running it in hard mode weekly?

The goal would be to have the same folks run it week-in, week-out (hopefully with a few extras in case anyone can't make it on a given week) on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - 29/Titan (with soon-to-be-maxed AE, void Swarm, and HV, as well as maxed Ice Breaker and maxed Ghorn)
6) Hawkian (PSN Hawkian) - ??/??
a2) Owlowiscious (PSN PikaPuff) - 0/Titan & 30/Hunter & 30/Warlock
a3)

I'd like to have at least one more alt in case someone can't make it.

Ourobolus? coy? coy's pal that helped last night whose GAF handle I don't know?

Sign me up. PSN YzeNup 31 lock/hunter, 30 titan.

E92 M3

Got to 31 this morning and overall really happy about the aesthetics and color. Sucks this expansion reset all of my progress, but I am happy with the current gear setup - miss the heavy ammo increase though.

LZRY2F7.jpg

EL CUCO

I wonder if the 3rd section of CE will ever get loot patched in. Kinda ridiculous that there isn't a drop. My cynicism leads me to believe that it's a result of Bungie offering a more "generous loot table" for Crotas End.

Greenymac

Want to find some more 31s and beat Crota tonight?

I'm at 31 and have the checkpoint.

I have 3 pieces of new gear maxed, but need a helm to put me at 31. hoping xur has an upgrade for my warlock helm tomorrow. Im 20 marks short of just being able to buy a helm, but my vanguard marks are maxed for the week and I'll have to wait till the reset unless Xur hooks me up.
Which isnt fucking likely because that bastard obviously hates warlocks.

I wonder if the 3rd section of CE will ever get loot patched in. Kinda ridiculous that there isn't a drop. My cynicism leads me to believe that it's a result of Bungie offering a more "generous loot table" for Crotas End.

Its fairly obvious that
once everyone gets a Crota checkpoint they will pass it to all their characters to avoid dealing with Ir Yut. Theres really no point. Unless being level 32 makes it super easy to get through that part people will skip it if they can.

Being under leveled for the Nightfall (29), I have to say it's probably one of the easier Nightfalls we've done. Only one wipe on our attempts, and each section has an area where the enemy tether won't reach you.

The 30 Heroic was a little tough, but I found safe spots pretty quickly. Now I can't wait to get started on Crota. I need a faster way to get AssShards.

blackflag

First daily I couldn't solo. It's nuts.

Honestly yeah I got close several times but I never got it solo. I'm a little impatient so that's part of it maybe.

Once I joined a fellow GAF on my friends list it was easy peasy. Not sure I'm going to bother on my other characters....

Its fairly obvious that
once everyone gets a Crota checkpoint they will pass it to all their characters to avoid dealing with Ir Yut. Theres really no point. Unless being level 32 makes it super easy to get through that part people will skip it if they can.

75% of OT12 and OT13 will be 'looking for crota checkpoint' posts

MADGAME

It's like the Conflux phase of VoG. No loot. At least in the new Raid, that section
has to be beaten within 3 minutes so it's quick

Honestly yeah I got close several times but I never got it solo. I'm a little impatient so that's part of it maybe.

Once I joined a fellow GAF on my friends list it was easy peasy. Not sure I'm going to bother on my other characters....

Yeah, I could probably get it with persistence, but my pride can take the hit.

LordofPwn

It literally takes less than 3 minutes to do though. opening the doors to the Vault of glass takes longer.

Hahaha it is terrible luck. That being said, I think we'd still be at a high number of OTs without the LFG posts. And besides, isn't that what the forum is about? I'm sure if you were to look in other online game threads there would still be plenty of LFG-esque posts (albeit not as many as Destiny).

The Destiny thread is the only thread where LFG actually means "Looking For Gear"

Bizazedo

Its fairly obvious that

I dunno. Shards are going to be so important, it'll really depend on the loot table.

stb

Cab I join ? Psn death4romabove22 hunter 29 30 warlock

Added.

edit: For that raid Roster, I have a 30 Hunter, 30 Titan, and 29 Warlock.

Updated.

Good idea. I would enjoy this and the weekends work great for me. PSN same as GAF, level 31 Titan with all maxed weapons needed for VoG

Added.

Sign me up. PSN YzeNup 31 lock/hunter, 30 titan.

Added.

Current rosters:

Team1:
6) Hawkian (PSN Hawkian) - 30/Titan & 30/Hunter & 29/Warlock
a2) Owlowiscious (PSN PikaPuff) - 30/Titan & 30/Hunter & 30/Warlock
a3)

Team 2:
1) ArkkAngel007 (PSN ArkkAngel007) - 30/Hunter
2) death4romabove22 (PSN death4romabove22) - 29/hunter & 30/Warlock
3) MADGAME (PSN MADGAME) - 31/Titan
4) FloatingDivider (PSN YzeNup) - 30/Titan & 31/Hunter & 31/Warlock
5)
6)
a1)
a2)
a3)

Rearranged because I forgot some people (Owl and firehawk) asked to be alts. Looks like we still need:
- 2 regulars for Team 2
- 4 alts

Anyone looking to do Weekly Strike or Vault of Glass Raid on PS4 please let me know.

PSN: Squadon

By Weekly Strike do you mean Nightfall or just the Weekly Heroic? I'll be home in 30 mins or so. I'd prefer to do the Nightfall but I'm up for the Weekly also.

Level 30 titan with all the good shit... except the Horn, hence my desire to do the Nightfall.

PSN: GKW212

(I think we're already friends)

E92 M3

So there must be a glitch of some sort that stops purple engrams from dropping, right? I have not gotten one for over two months. Definitely a glitch. If I email Bungie would they give me some purple drops? Please. Just one. I'm getting a good 10 blues a day and none turn purple either. For weeks now. Definitely a glitch.

I get 1 purple engram every 2 weeks. Does feel pretty glitchy.

First daily I couldn't solo. It's nuts.

It was tough, but managed to get it done with a lot of maneuverability.

rNilla

Need to do one last Nightfall and Weekly run tonight then hopefully VoG Hard or Normal. Looks like I just missed the weekly VoG train.

Mindlog

I had a new Scout Rifle drop for me. Yay!
Then it dropped again from an engram. RNG please.
With much better perks... Looks like a I have a new PvE Legendary primary to replace FB/VoC until CE Hard Mode.
Perks not pictured: Explosive Rounds, Armor Penetrating Rounds
Should be a great weapon to handle large mobs. Still have several fully leveled exotic primaries for when I need them. I'm almost ready for my first CE Raid :]

They're going to get rid of Vanguard commendations next DLC aren't they. We're going to be loaded with them.

yep we will, i will see you there mr big man thirty

Whatever, I busted my ass to hit 31 on my hunter for tomorrow night's impending shit show. I could have been a REAL liability and gone in there as a 30. But no, I stayed up until an unreasonable time on Tuesday night to make that happen. Also, I have an addiction and would have stayed up until then anyway.

Bollocks

lol just killed Atheon with the most obnoxious guy ever. Flat out told my friend(who played Atheon for the first time on hard no less @ 29) to leave because he can't do shit, we just met that guy through another friend.
and then after we killed Atheon he told everyone by name to leave party chat because he's playing a strike now and he doesn't like all that chatter going on because he can't concentrate. this guy man, unreal
told my friend to never invite me again if that sucker is on

squadr0n

By Weekly Strike do you mean Nightfall or just the Weekly Heroic? I'll be home in 30 mins or so. I'd prefer to do the Nightfall but I'm up for the Weekly also.

Level 30 titan with all the good shit... except the Horn, hence my desire to do the Nightfall.

PSN: GKW212

(I think we're already friends)

Yea either, I need both. They are though this time around so ill be practicing.

Dave_6

Team1:
6) Hawkian (PSN Hawkian) - 30/Titan & 30/Hunter & 29/Warlock
a2) Owlowiscious (PSN PikaPuff) - 30/Titan & 30/Hunter & 30/Warlock
a3)

Team 2:
1) ArkkAngel007 (PSN ArkkAngel007) - 30/Hunter
2) death4romabove22 (PSN death4romabove22) - 29/hunter & 30/Warlock
3) MADGAME (PSN MADGAME) - 31/Titan
4) FloatingDivider (PSN YzeNup) - 30/Titan & 31/Hunter & 31/Warlock
5)
6)
a1)
a2)
a3)

Rearranged because I forgot some people (Owl and firehawk) asked to be alts. Looks like we still need:
- 2 regulars for Team 2
- 4 alts

I'll set up a PSN chat and we can nail down times.

While I'm off the next four days I will certainly have my Warlock up to a 29 so I will have a 2nd character to go through it with.

This will be a full run right, not just Atheon?

Still doing the normal one tonight Hawkian?

realcZk

lol just killed Atheon with the most obnoxious guy ever. Flat out told my friend(who played Atheon for the first time on hard no less @ 29) to leave because he can't do shit, we just met that guy through another friend.
and then after we killed Atheon he told everyone by name to leave party chat because he's playing a strike now and he doesn't like all that chatter going on because he can't concentrate. this guy man, unreal
told my friend to never invite me again if that sucker is on

lold, sounds like hes played one too many strikes

whether we wanted it or not...

Top Bottom