• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

stb

While I'm off the next four days I will certainly have my Warlock up to a 29 so I will have a 2nd character to go through it with.

This will be a full run right, not just Atheon?

Still doing the normal one tonight Hawkian?

Full run, yep. We'll have to decide what to do with alts/second runs in the PSN chat.

so Dragon's Breath leaves behind a warlock grenade (the solar flare) where it detonates.

So basically the perfect cheese weapon.
We knew that, but is it better than Ballerhorn??? I'm guessing no but I'd still like confirmation.
Hmm? We got past the first section last night (I got gloves :#) and made a lot of progress at the
bridge getting up to 3 across to the Gatekeepers
but people had to crash. We're going back in on Sunday night.

edit: Hm, speaking of which, I'd like to run/teach people the first section using my other two characters sometime before the reset. I realllllly like it and was starting to feel pretty comfortable with by the time we succeeded. 29s will be fine for this.

I'm a little concerned that we didn't spot any chests yet though, I feel like we must've missed one :/
There's just one we missed and I saw someone explained to you where it was. I went in with Colonel after you left and got it. A tip,
there's a little orange light above the door if the chest is in the room. This is how people quickly know whether to wipe or not to get it to spawn in the first room. I was lucky and got it on the first attempt but my luck spent, got energy and the Lock armband from it ;P
My favorite phase too.

It's also much more fun fighting hive instead of vex. At least knights have crit spots.

Screw your Minotaurs.

Eh? the Vex all have crit spots too, the white gems on their stomachs/chests. This includes Minotaurs...

EL CUCO

Its fairly obvious that
once everyone gets a Crota checkpoint they will pass it to all their characters to avoid dealing with Ir Yut. Theres really no point. Unless being level 32 makes it super easy to get through that part people will skip it if they can.

Bingo.
It's the Oracles checkpoint all over again.

My alts have Crota CP ;)

I had a new Scout Rifle drop for me. Yay!
Then it dropped again from an engram. RNG please.
With much better perks... Looks like a I have a new PvE Legendary primary to replace FB/VoC until CE Hard Mode.

Perks not pictured: Explosive Rounds, Armor Penetrating Rounds
Should be a great weapon to handle large mobs. Still have several fully leveled exotic primaries for when I need them. I'm almost ready for my first CE Raid :]

They're going to get rid of Vanguard commendations next DLC aren't they. We're going to be loaded with them.

A huge congrats! I am in love. I love scout rifles

I had a new Scout Rifle drop for me. Yay!
Then it dropped again from an engram. RNG please.
With much better perks... Looks like a I have a new PvE Legendary primary to replace FB/VoC until CE Hard Mode.

Perks not pictured: Explosive Rounds, Armor Penetrating Rounds
Should be a great weapon to handle large mobs. Still have several fully leveled exotic primaries for when I need them. I'm almost ready for my first CE Raid :]

They're going to get rid of Vanguard commendations next DLC aren't they. We're going to be loaded with them.

1492691_10203146358846991_8707159420865785970_o.jpg

Almost exactly like the one I just picked up but I don't have the armor penetrating rounds, congrats!

hydruxo

Hard Fall: Rapidly Kill 4 Hive with Heavy Weapon bounty.

"We've awoken the Hive!". Fastest bounty ever.

Haha just don't die, otherwise it won't count.

I went to Rocketyard where the 3 acolytes / 1 knight spawns next to the servitor. Blow them up 5 times right after they spawn.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I finally got an arctic proxy. Looks good on my Titan. Now I want the bloodpact for my Hunter.

For those wanting to do VOG on hard, how about 2-3 hours from now?

We knew that, but is it better than Ballerhorn??? I'm guessing no but I'd still like confirmation.

The jury is still out. DB may have situations it is better, but it is designed for large crowds due to very high blast radius and grenade residual. Gjallarhorn and wolf pack rounds stack monster damage to one target.

Hm? The only critical point it has is blowing off it's face so it rages and can't regen health.
Oh, did you mean for one-shot kills? Then you're right. I took it literally, if you are seeing yellow numbers, you're doing crit damage and they certainly die far faster when you shoot them there (obviously).
i didn't know but i'd say no. it doesn't have tracking and the enemy can simply leave the solar flare. it can push enemies off ledges i guess.

The one thought I had that would possibly make it better is if you could cluster a bunch of aoe balls on an enemy but it sounds like even if you could, they'd just step back and get out of it anyway.

M3Rocket

What about Starfire Protocol? That one looks amazing. My most wanted piece right now...

Starfireprotocol.png

Got it when I ran Nightfall last night with my Titan. I think its basically the Titan Armamentarium equivalent for the Warlock. It's features are Gain an additional Fusion Grenade, Carry more ammo for Fusion Rifles (Plan C or Murmur!), Carry more ammo for Heavy Weapons.

rH5xDa

Gotta do NF with him, then grind bounties to upgrade. Should get to 31 in a couple of days.

realcZk

i didn't know but i'd say no. it doesn't have tracking and the enemy can simply leave the solar flare. it can push enemies off ledges i guess.

does the solar flare tick for decent damage? how long does it last?

would love to see some comparisons between damage against ultra enemies if you are bored enough :D
my bet is still on the ballerhorn

hydruxo

Got it when I ran Nightfall last night with my Titan. I think its basically the Titan Armamentarium equivalent for the Warlock. It's features are Gain an additional Fusion Grenade, Carry more ammo for Fusion Rifles (Plan C or Murmur!), Carry more ammo for Heavy Weapons.

rH5xDa

Gotta do NF with him, then grind bounties to upgrade. Should get to 31 in a couple of days.

And you got Dragon's Breath too? Lucky man.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm only doing it for any exotics that may drop so I can shard them but I'm also the biggest no life sperg on the planet so no sensible person should endure what I do. They should still update the gear from it imo
exotic drops should be updated to the new cap, I'm still sanguine this will happen for the moment.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142713265&postcount=660

all those LFG posts on one page man? cmon now that's just bad rng!
Hahaha it is terrible luck. That being said, I think we'd still be at a high number of OTs without the LFG posts. And besides, isn't that what the forum is about? I'm sure if you were to look in other online game threads there would still be plenty of LFG-esque posts (albeit not as many as Destiny).
lol. man.

the concept that there are a ton of LFG posts constantly in these OTs (and the extra threads for that matter), and that has contributed significantly to the total posts and thus total number of OTs is of course true. No one could hope to argue differently.

the idea that the LFG posts are so abundant primarily because there aren't matchmaking options for everything in-game, and thus posts putting groups together here "shouldn't count" toward the activity of the Community threads is a ridiculous fallacy.

First of all, the mere fact that a game lacks certain options doesn't guarantee an avalanche of activity to circumvent their absence. You also need a ton of fucking people playing the game. And make no mistake... that's what we have. Yes, there are a huge number of posts putting groups together... because a huge number of groups are being put together. In other words... a whole goddamn lot of people on GAF participate in these threads. From my perspective, far more impressive than the total number of OTs and total post count is the number of active posters per thread, and the number of posts per active poster.

Second of all, the idea that matchmaking or an in-game LFG tool would eradicate LFG posts from these pages is silly. I'm not saying it would have no impact, of course; if there were substantial clan support it could even make a significant one, because some of the GAF groups that have formed here could be formed that way instead. But I'd still put all my groups together here, and come here first when looking for a spot to be filled, and respond to posts looking for people here, because I want to play with you guys. So long as I'm not literally the only one who feels that way, LFG posts on any given page would be sure to remain.

Finally, who cares what the content of the posts is that led to the OT number being so high? You can't just manufacture activity out of thin air. Are we excising every tangential or off-topic post about sports or exams or other games that crop up incidentally during discussion too? Are we meant to assume that literally every single post in the other community OTs one would compare these to is a sanctioned, topical contribution? It just seems like such a funny way to attempt to discredit the size and scope of this community to say that "it's only that big because of x."

squadr0n

What is the easiest way to get Vanguard Accommodation credits. Im already vanguard rank 4 and have the points to buy but its taking forever to rank up to get the Accommodation. Is there anything I should do?

hydruxo

What is the easiest way to get Vanguard Accommodation credits. Im already vanguard rank 4 and have the points to buy but its taking forever to rank up to get the Accommodation. Is there anything I should do?

Nightfall + weekly will give you a ton of rep towards your next rank. That's really about all you can do other than doing a ton of patrol missions / bounties / tiger strikes.

Hyun Sai

I would like to try the raid with some gaffers tonight if any group is doing anything.

Warlock 31.

PSN : Hyunsai

Yeah, Minotaurs and Praetorians don't have any weak spot with damage bonus (aka yellow).

zewone

Oh, did you mean for one-shot kills? Then you're right. I took it literally, if you are seeing yellow numbers, you're doing crit damage and they certainly die far faster when you shoot them there (obviously).

You can't do yellow damage to Minotaurs. They don't have a critical spot on their body.

Finish Nightfall first to get rep bonus. Then do weekly heroic. Then complete daily bounties. Finally Vanguard strikes or patrol bounties.

lol. man.

the concept that there are a ton of LFG posts constantly in these OTs (and the extra threads for that matter), and that has contributed significantly to the total posts and thus total number of OTs is of course true. No one could hope to argue differently.

the idea that the LFG posts are so abundant primarily because there aren't matchmaking options for everything in-game, and thus posts putting groups together here "shouldn't count" toward the activity of the Community threads is a ridiculous fallacy.

First of all, the mere fact that a game lacks certain options doesn't guarantee an avalanche of activity to circumvent their absence. You also need a ton of fucking people playing the game. And make no mistake... that's what we have. Yes, there are a huge number of posts putting groups together... because a huge number of groups are being put together. In other words... a whole goddamn lot of people on GAF participate in these threads. From my perspective, far more impressive than the total number of OTs and total post count is the number of active posters per thread, and the number of posts per active poster.

Second of all, the idea that matchmaking or an in-game LFG tool would eradicate LFG posts from these pages is silly. I'm not saying it would have no impact, of course; if there were substantial clan support it could even make a significant one, because some of the GAF groups that have formed here could be formed that way instead. But I'd still put all my groups together here, and come here first when looking for a spot to be filled, and respond to posts looking for people here, because I want to play with you guys. So long as I'm not literally the only one who feels that way, LFG posts on any given page would be sure to remain.

Finally, who cares what the content of the posts is that led to the OT number being so high? You can't just manufacture activity out of thin air. Are we excising every tangential or off-topic post about sports or exams or other games that crop up incidentally during discussion too? Are we meant to assume that literally every single post in the other community OTs one would compare these to is a sanctioned, topical contribution? It just seems like such a funny way to attempt to discredit the size and scope of this community to say that "it's only that big because of x."

Don't call Hawkian's baby ugly!

And yes, I agree with your logic, and that the aforementioned logic was fallacious :) I like playing with people from this thread, and have made a good number of friends because of it.

Some people are just grasping for straws. Destiny wasn't for them!

Naaawwwwww. the don't have crit spots! Am I crazy?

Hmm guess I'm tripin' could have sworn they had a weak spot in their narrow stomach region. I feel like I kill them much faster when I shoot them there though.. Now watch me play again and automatically shoot the head and wonder what I was posting about ;P

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Minotaurs have no white spot and you're all nuts.

If you shoot their face off they won't be able to teleport anymore though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can't remember if I was with you Squall in that one Nightfall run last week, the two others I was grouped with got killed and the Axis Minotaur in the room before the cave/tunnel ran the hell up on me from the other side and almost melee killed me in one shot. Even after having killed hundreds of them they can still scare the crap out of you from time to time.

Top Bottom