• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

forrest

formerly nacire
Beat Crota with 2 of my 3 characters so far. I was sword carrier for the second one and I have to admit it's really fun, if not really tense since you have a lot of weight on your shoulders. It looks like a lot of people have figured out the strat but just in case some people are still wondering here's my vid to show just how smooth the fight can go.

So far I like the fight a lot since it has been a big challenge. I can see how being level 32 will make the fight really easy though. Of course Hard Raid will change all that I'm sure.

Hopped into a LFG group and did this strat. I got to run the sword but we only got him to just below 50% before a couple of the UK guys had to go.

No one in our group was really working on the towers at all, so that would have been a huge help.

Got Tireless Striders and Mask of Third Man 2.0.

How do you get the second Raid chest? The one
after the shrieker hallway

We ran, but it was closed already?
run faster? invisible walls go down after killing the shreikers (trying to teach you about the next stage I guess). have someone run up against the wall ready to run ahead when the shreiker is killed

big note: if you fail you can wipe before jumping down to try again

Skywatch, Defend Warsat Public Event, HOLY SHIT, is that fucker hard to kill lol. even gets an amazing entrance and meta feed information of "Fall Back!"
ZNqWZF7.jpg

2 of us tried, failed miserably to kill him

Do you get anything cool for killing him besides possibly using his sword for the rest of the event? I might have downed him had I just focused on him with my Thunderlord but I was soloing it and really just wanted to be done with that stupid 3 PE bounty and didn't wanna risk the silver for wiping lol.

Also found out today that the Guardian Outfitter's stock changes lol. She actually sells some good shit! Picked up Thunderdevil and the 10000sfeneewfoiblahblah shader for my hunter and titan. Now if only she could sell the Dead Orbit black shader -_-

Anyway, happy that Xur is finally here in a few hours so I can hopefully upgrade a few of my exotics, buy a hunter helmet (plz Xur idec which at this point), and most importantly, dump these damn bounties.

It's amazing how slow of a grind it is to gain rep for a faction when you don't have bounties boosting you through. I would only turn a bounty in if another 5000 exp one was available but you start to realize it's a hassle going back to the tower for 1 or 2 bounties, and a lot of the 5000 exp ones can suck (seriously fuck the crucible melee one).

Sergoes

welp. I just did a big write up on the story of destiny on reddit and now reddit's down or something. I kinda want to post it here now but it's long winded and not worded well at all

Just read your post. Really fantastic job. Definitely sharing it with a few friends. Upvoted there and giving you a thumbs up in spirit here.

That feel when you die just at the end of the weekly because one of your partners thinks like he could win hulk-smashing Omnigul in the face with his titan and fails miserably and then all the mobs overwhelm you...fuck.

I REALLY need to start playing with you guys.

kidko

Do you get anything cool for killing him besides possibly using his sword for the rest of the event?

I've killed him. Besides the fun surprise, nope, nada. Not even his sword.

aaaaaaand, going to bed. I can't wait up for Xur -- I gotta work tomorrow, but will be sending positive exotic vibes to Bungie's servers in the west.

Rehsa

Got Lucky Raspberry from the nightfall, right after I bought my vanguard chest lol. Should have bought the helm, but would have probably gotten that exotic instead of LR. Also damn that was rough as a 29

zewone

Crota sleeps.

Thanks DrDrizzay, El Cuco, Matt, Mildsoss, Phaetheon!

Such an easy smooth run. Only took two attempts!

Got the raid rocket launcher, emblem, and Chatterbrown.

gdt

Crota done! Fuck that boss fight was draining.

Got gloves and chest on 1 run. Raid shotgun too.

Time to do the same in my Warlock, then get my Titan to 30.

raindoc

Re: Gjallarhorn and Crota
Ammo is an issue, we ran out pretty frequently yesterday, but I feel like we wasted quite a lot on Crota. I think it takes three missiles from G'horn to take down his shields (without weapons of light) - can anyone confirm this?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I need to beat Crota =/
I keep getting invited from the start, teach everyone all the mechanics, everyone is tired out by Deathsinger ; ;

Navid

Spoils of war. I was shocked to see that it has more impact than Icebreaker.
Any perks on it to increase magazine size? (I'm not quite sure on the two around the middle column).

I do wish they would have gone all the way with the look of the raid weapons and given you full hive looking stuff rather than the 50-50 style they have gone for.

Edit: I need Xur to bring Skull of Dire Ahamkara, Helm of Saint-14 and Achlyophage Symbiote for my characters to hit lvl 31... yeah, right!

Re: Gjallarhorn and Crota
Ammo is an issue, we ran out pretty frequently yesterday, but I feel like we wasted quite a lot on Crota. I think it takes three missiles from G'horn to take down his shields (without weapons of light) - can anyone confirm this?

Not sure about that but

After you take him down once, hes invulnerable for a couple of seconds. Some green flames surround him. When they disappear shoot him again and he'll take damage.

We wasted ammo shooting him when he was immune.

Spiders

Almost Xur o'clock!

I'm hoping for The Glasshouse and upgrades for Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker, but I'm expecting him to sell upgrades for the least populair exotics.

It's no wonder we finished him so fast that last time.
One attack was a 6-hit sword combo that did almost 70k damage, ha. A Lv31 could finish him in two rounds if done perfectly.

Alternate, easier strategy to the fight maybe. Something everyone is missing, perhaps.

I have no idea about that GKeeper but Crota is pretty damn easy already with 1 Lv31 that can run the sword with a coordinated group. Lots of people only hit a brick wall because of the initial damage scaling.

Crota sleeps.

Thanks DrDrizzay, El Cuco, Matt, Mildsoss, Phaetheon!

Such an easy smooth run. Only took two attempts!

Got the raid rocket launcher, emblem, and Chatterbrown.

Hell yeah! I can finally sleep too. Lol

Spoils of war. I was shocked to see that it has more impact than Icebreaker.

Congrats guys! Shows how easy it should be every time, when a team just locks in and focuses for 20 minutes to bust it out. Great job everyone.

It's all about having fun overcoming challenges. Who cares about the loot. Only one raid armor piece so far across 3 characters and a booty shotty instead of that badass sniper or RL, haha.

Thanks to everyone too :) was awesome and smooth and got the raid machine gun :D

Being able to shoot through the Knight darkness shields with an arc weapon is one of the coolest perks in the game. It will lay those fools out in arc burn nightfalls. Great run.

Thanks!

Boguester (DrDrizzay)
ran a mean sword.
We couldn't have done it without him.

I'm just glad everyone stuck it out there right at the end. Clearly we were able to do it, just have to lean into it that last little bit to get over the hump. Crota's day(s) of intimidation were very short lived.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Almost Xur o'clock!

I'm hoping for The Glasshouse and upgrades for Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker, but I'm expecting him to sell upgrades for the least popular exotics.

Watch them have Universal Remote in there just for ultimate troll

I have no idea about that GKeeper but Crota is pretty damn easy already with 1 Lv31 that can run the sword with a coordinated group. Lots of people only hit a brick wall because of the initial damage scaling.

We plan to run it again a couple of hours after reset. Could you lend a hand?

raindoc

Not sure about that but

After you take him down once, hes invulnerable for a couple of seconds. Some green flames surround him. When they disappear shoot him again and he'll take damage.

We wasted ammo shooting him when he was immune.

We knew that, didn't shoot him as long as he had that orange glow. What happened in our run was, that we had three people with G'horn, two dedicated to Crota's shield, the third as a fail-safe. And we all kept either blasting away, spending way too much missiles on Crota (at one point I counted three missiles hitting him right after his shield went down), or we were to hesitant and failed to bring his shield fully down (just one missile missing) and by the time we noticed his shield would already have jumped back to (almost) full bar status.
I'm certain it was a communication issue, but in order to plan ahead for next time I'd like to know exactly how many missiles we have to fire (maybe +1 for good measure?). With the shield recharching that fast and the short attack-window for the sword carrier there's not much/enough time to react. Shield has to go down.

HighOnPCP

I know I should not be, I REALLY know but I am excited for Xur!
So the last 1 1/2 months at least I basically didn't buy anything besides some engrams.

I'm gonna call his line-up right now:

Titan: Glasshouse
Hunter: Exotic Boots
Warlock: Sunbreakers
Weapon: Hard Light
Exotic Shard but IF Engram: Chest

I actually think they will throw in some of the new exotics just so people who didn't buy the DLC reconsider. They basically do it with the Weeklies/Daily too so yeah. Warlocks get FU**** again though, trust me.

Top Bottom