• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Rixa

Whoa, didn´t know this could happen, my guess was that every drop in TDB would be the upgraded version...i´ve got another The Last Word and it has the new stats.

I think he speaks VoG HM.

I got Universal Remote yesterday from HM Gorgon chest and it was old stats -> sharded (got new UR from Nightfall wednesday).

Outisde VoG you get new versions of old exotics. Dunno why not from VoG. HM VoG is so fun to do nowadays :).

zewone

legendary engrams awarded in the crucible are also turning into old level 27 armor and 300 atk weapons, while exotics rewarded in those same matches have the upgraded 331 atk.

What happens when I use an exotic shard on an old weapon? Is it worth using one on my TLW or Suros? Or should I just wait and hope I find the new version.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
legendary engrams awarded in the crucible are also turning into old level 27 armor and 300 atk weapons, while exotics rewarded in those same matches have the upgraded 331 atk.

Wait Legendary engrams turn into the old items?, LOL
This game has too many ways to fuck you over, guessing the new Legendary stuff is only obtainable from NF as freebees, no rolling the dice on engrams and netting yourself something worthwhile

Wow I went to see when you can get the Embalming Orb from Eris to upgrade your Murmur, JESUS!, Rank 3?, that's like 2.5 week from now with doing her bounties daily..

zewone

Wait Legendary engrams turn into the old items?, LOL
This game has too many ways to fuck you over, guessing the new Legendary stuff is only obtainable from NF as freebees, no rolling the dice on engrams and netting yourself something worthwhile
No. Just the engrams in Crucible are glitched. If you get a legendary engram from somewhere else its going to have updated gear.

Midas

Wow I went to see when you can get the Embalming Orb from Eris to upgrade your Murmur, JESUS!, Rank 3?, that's like 2.5 week from now with doing her bounties daily..

Yeah, one of the few things that I really dislike with the new content. It takes FOREVER to level up Eris.

SonComet

Still haven't had a chance to try the new raid other than grabbing that first chest (Monte Carlo and two radiant energy). But I did VoG hard mode tonight for fun and finally got a mythoclast :). I've been dying for that gun for what seems like ages now. I'm planning to hit 31 after I see what xur is selling so I can join you all in the new raid soon.

Midas

Let's get the Xur hype train rolling again guys!

Only to be disappointed like every week..

Pretty much. Considering that I got the new exotic Warlock gauntlets, there's still a chance that he might sell those. Claws of Ahamkara or something like that. He usually sell the exotic I get from Nightfall, if I get one.

Spiders

No. Just the engrams in Crucible are glitched. If you get a legendary engram from somewhere else its going to have updated gear.

I got a 27 light helmet from an engram I got from the daily, so it seems that engrams that you get as rewards for activities turn into old gear, while engrams from cryptarch and vanguard packages contain new gear.

panda-zebra

hyped for what xur might have. concerned about what he might not have today or any time soon. real problem is all this new gear levelling has left me skint and needing to farm glimmer before i even think about buying any of xur's upgrades... oh well, we'll find out in a few seconds.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Please, I'm praying Bungie doesn't troll us right of the bat, please!

Throw some goodwill out there, a Dragons Breath or Gjallarhorn for sale, PLEASE!
QGxKmE7.jpg

Jinjo

Please, I'm praying Bungie doesn't troll us right of the bat, please!

Throw some goodwill out there, a Dragons Breath or Gjallarhorn for sale, PLEASE!

Exactly, no trolling please Bungie. The past two weeks in destiny have been hard. :(

And we have lift-off!

adin75

I'm probably more interested in what upgrades hecis bringing over what he is going to be selling this week.

Don't dissapoint me Xur!

He will :(

panda-zebra

xur is in a friend's tower, in mine guardians running wild, no xur! apparently he's supposed to be in the very first spot he was in. the eris quest seems a quick and eqsy one to crack on with if.

FyreWulff

Upgrades:

Weapons

Suros Regime
Red Death
The Last Word
Thorn
Ice Breaker
Thunderlord

Armor

Mask of the Third Man
Young Ahamkara's Spine
The Armamentairum
No Backup Plans
Light Beyond Nemesis
Sunbreakers

upgrade is to 36 light

Shito

Ok, definitely upgrading Ice Breaker and Sunbreakers, so at least this is nice!
I still haven't had any luck getting OMGHorn, so I wonder if I should buy Truth...

Jinjo

Does sharding an old fully upgraded pre-patch exotic give two exotic shards? Even if you upgraded it with ass mats?

Kensuke

Xur is selling:

Ruin Wing gauntlets for Titan
Achlyophage Symbiote for Hunter
Voidfang Vestments for Warlock
Truth
Exotic Shard
Exotic Helmet Engram

Upgrades:
Mask of the Third Man
Youg Ahamkara's Spine
Armamentarium
No Backup Plans
Light Beyond Nemesis
Sunbreakers

Suros Regime
Red Death
The Last Word
Thorn
Icebreaker
Thunderlord

Feorax

Holy shit!

Was planning on grinding glimmer to upgrade my Light Beyond Nemesis, so bought an exotic shard and a helmet engram to get another shard to upgrade it.

Engram turned into upgraded LBN!

Bogeypop

Exotic Engrams are back! Bought one for funsies since I already have the Light Beyond Nemesis, and got the Expansion version of the Apothesis Veil
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

outsida

Upgraded my Thorn, Suros, and Icebreaker.

Got the Apotheosis Veil and Achlyophage Symbiote from the 2 engrams I bought.

Zocano

Got Glasshouse from the first exotic engram :\

Not bad but not what I'm looking for. Need to get Saint-14, time to try and get a ton of motes.

Top Bottom