• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OH WHAT THE FUCK!, it's not 7000 Glimmer exactly, but 7500+ and some extra glimmer on top of that for swapping stuff =/

SWEET JESUS!

Maledict

This is why I do actually think Xur is random, rather than chosen, despite what their tweet said. No-one in the right mind would put Voidfang Vestments up for sale *again*. 7 weeks out of 13 I think now? And haven't warlocks only ever had 3 items for sale in total out of 6?

(And with sun breakers being for sale for 5 weeks now it really shows how little warlocks have gained from xur. Almost always one of two items).

Born2Live

I think we must all face the cold hard truth. Xur will never sell Gjallarhorn or Ice Breaker again ever. Feel sort of relived that Gjallarhorn dropped from a legendary engram IB still alludes me though. Voidfang Vestments lol,mahatma is that? 3 times an a row now?

Feorax

This has actually worked out perfectly for me.

With the upgraded helm, I get a max of 36 light. That means I only need to equip 2 sets of vendor gear (boots and gloves) plus my raid chest to get to level 31.

If I do the regular raid at 31 when I buy the dlc next week, I assume I can still get the raid chest, boots and gloves? Means I might actually be able to hit 32 quite quickly if RNGsus is kind.

Taikeny

Neo Member
Okay. What is the difference between using an exotic shard on a current 300 weapon and buying the upgrade from Xur?

Buying the upgrade from Xur gives you the same weapon with better attack stats. The old versions can be upgraded to 300 attack damage and the new upgraded ones start at 302 and go up to 331.

Jinjo

Woah, the glimmer requirement is a bitch. Upgraded Thunderlord, Icebreaker and Thorn. Still wanna upgrade sunbreakers atleast. Buying achlyophage symbiote and sharding the old one, since that wins me one strange coin.

Achlyophage Symbiote YASSSS BASED XUR YASSSS I CAN FINALLY GET MY HUNTER A EXOTIC ARMOR PIECE WORTH A DAMN!

And he has basically all the upgrades I wanted available, yessssssss. Sogood.gif

Iceman829

Anyone notice that you can accidentally upgrade an upgraded weapon by mistake? Once you upgrade Xur still has the option to upgrade the weapon again. It seems they didn't program him to not allow you to upgrade your brand new gun.

Also, my exotic engram haul:
An Isurmountable Skullfort
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Kuncklehead Radar
Light Beyond Nemesis

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Upgraded Suros, bought Truth, Voidfang and Symbiote helmet. Not a bad Xur visit at all.

I'll have to do a glimmer run this week and upgrade Ice Breaker before he leaves.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. 3 helm engrams. New saint-14, space dragon skull, and acro symbiote. Now i just need one more commendation + marks for a warlock chest and I can get all 3 chars to lvl 31

Trakan

Okay. What is the difference between using an exotic shard on a current 300 weapon and buying the upgrade from Xur?

It's way smarter to just buy new gear instead of upgrading if he has it this week.

I went crazy and got:

Aclyophage Symbiote
Mask of the Third Man
An Insurmountable Skullfort
The Glasshouse
Obsidian Mind

I also got the Icebreaker upgrade and bought Ruin Wings. I can hit 31 on all my characters now.

Two exotic engrams and both times I did not get a Titan helm. Oh, well, at least I now have exotic shards!

It doesn't appear that leveling up an upgraded item happens any faster. I had 7 bounties to turn in, with the Nightfall buff, and it only upgraded my No Backup Plans to 1 3/4 of the skill tree.

Bogeypop

So tempted to buy the Urn for the Eris quest, but I'm only 2 coins short of buying the Voidfang Vestments. I'm positive I can get two more coins before he leaves for the week, but not sure about three if I bought the urn...

Darn. Was hoping for a Hunter Chest. I think I might be broke.

I will upgrade for sure: Ice Breaker, Suros, and Thorn, and so breakers for gear. I might upgrade Red Death and Armamentarium.

I'm buying Ruin Wings. Debating on buying symbiote as well and sharding my old L30 one.

Not bad.

KeRaSh

Voidfang Vestments again. Not sure what Bungie is thinking but this sure as hell is not RNG at work. If it's not then why would the offer it again?

At least I can pick up Sunbreakers, Light Beyond Nemesis and Ice Breaker upgrades. Exactly what I needed. I'll give the exotic engrams a shot first. Might be able to save an upgrade if I get another Light Beyond Nemesis.

It's way smarter to just buy new gear instead of upgrading if he has it this week.

I went crazy and got:

Aclyophage Symbiote
Mask of the Third Man
An Insurmountable Skullfort
The Glasshouse
Obsidian Mind

I also got the Icebreaker upgrade and bought Ruin Wings. I can hit 31 on all my characters now.

Yeah that is what I am going to do. Go ahead and pick up the Achlyophage Symbiote. I'll then have 3 new legendary armors and an exotic helmet.

Now just have to pick which weapons to upgrade.

Thanks for the advice all!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I went overboard lol...
No clue where Helmet drops from in Crota's End, rather have all 3 of chars running with a Updated Head piece!
cu7r1jm.jpg

XFkxMue.jpg

3MVNV5J.jpg

SCTzCYL.jpg

Amazingly no duplicate, the Skull of Ahamkara was an old one, now I got the new one, woohoo

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Damn Xur is bringing it!

I have Suros, Last Word and Ice Breaker.

What would you all prioritize in this upgrade dilemma?

Meh, I went with Suros just because I wanted a properly leveled primary. Ice Breaker is plenty beastly even without the upgrade.

Spiders

I'm gonna buy an engram or two and hope for Saint-14 or Glasshouse. Then I'm gonna buy Symbiote and upgrade Light Beyond Nemesis if neither of these come out of the engrams.

Ice Breaker will be the first weapon I'll upgrade. Then I'll have to farm some glimmer to upgrade the rest...

Jinjo

So which upgraded exotic should I give these 30 bounties to first? Thunderlord, Icebreaker of Thorn?

I'm thinking Thunderlord. It's my bae.

Top Bottom