• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Omni

Where can I find 5 cursed Thrall at low level?

As a Titan I'm really not sure about melee killing those guys. Maybe if I have a shield it'll be okay?

Where can I find 5 cursed Thrall at low level?

As a Titan I'm really not sure about melee killing those guys. Maybe if I have a shield it'll be okay?

If you put on armor of light youll be fine. I was punching cursed thrall to death on the new level 30 story missions just fine the other day. I also have helm of saint 14 though so that probably helped.

Daemul

Guys, don't kill yourselves by farming glimmer all weekend. Only upgrade the exotics you actually use and the ones which have a low chance of ever showing up again *cough* Ice Breaker *cough*. Just re-buy the rest when they inevitability get sold again.

For me, the only exotics I'm upgrading are Red Death, Ghorn, Ice Breaker, P&T and Helm of Inmost Light.

KeRaSh

So I had enough Glimmer to upgrade two items, but I wanted to upgrade three.

Sunbreakers
Light Beyond Nemesis
Ice Breaker

Had enough Motes for two exotic engrams.

Engram#1: Some pre DLC Hunter helmet. (I only have two Warlocks)
Engram#2: Light Beyond Nemesis!

Worked out perfectly. Will work on my second character getting to the Xur Urn DLC bounty before he leaves again and level my new exotics.

Already had two exotic shards sitting in my inventory and I have a bunch of exotics that I wouldn't miss (Hunter stuff and shitty weapons) so I'm good on that currency. I though I'd at least be able to burn some coins today but with Warlocks getting the shaft with Voidfang Vestments again and no weapon for sale that I desire, I'll keep my 109 coins for harsher times.

Why 3 ice breakers? The time and resources required now make it seem pretty silly to justify not managing your stuff in the vault. Just my two cents.

Helped a buddy run normal VOG tonight and got the hawkmoon, of the vanilla exotics I only need truth and Monte Carlo. Having a hard time justifying the truth from Xur this week, worth it?

nah for me 3 max icebreakers was invaluable.so worth

Sergoes

Word of Warning:
If you dismantle a fully upgraded piece of exotic armor you might just get one shard instead of two.

Just dismantled a fully upgraded Symbiote and got one shard.
However dismantling a fully upgraded suros netted me 2 shards.

Maybe it's only weapons that get 2 shards?

Izuna

Banned
Just dismantled like 8 Exotics. I feel like waiting for Xur to upgrade will get boring. I got the new Truth, upgraded my Ice Breaker.

Unfortunately I dismantled that Legendary Chest piece before, I could have used it to get to LV31. Maybe I will try the Raid tonight on Xbone to see if I can get something.

Truth can be the last thing I upgrade over the week.

No Patience and Time upgrade makes me sad.

Ambitious

I wonder if I should re-buy the Symbiote instead of waiting for an upgrade.

Going to upgrade Icebreaker and Sunbreakers. Maybe Thorn if I can be assed to farm glimmer, but I don't use it in PvE anyway.

Can anyone confirm if sharding a fully upgraded exotic yields more than one shard?

I did not pay attention but I did shard a fully upgraded weapon and I had one more shard that I had remembered I should have. So I assumed that was why, but I can't totally confirm because my math might have been off.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Best way to farm glimmer?

"Get past the Exclusion Zone.... /douchebag smirk"

First mission on Mars, pick heroic modifier, I think it's level 20, trigger the fail-safe, pop a RESUPPLY CODE, kill all the Grunts that come off Drop-ship (Legionaries + Phalanxes)
Second Drop-ship deploys 2 Phalanxes, a Solar Shielded Centurion with RL, 9 Gold Legionaries

Kill those 9, get killed or kill yourself, start back right at the fauk-safe spot, repeat ad nauseum
In 45 minutes or less you can hit 25K Glimmer cap, you will burn 4-5 resupply codes, but killing those Gold Legionaries refreshed those back up quickly and more!
Bring 2 friends along and make it go way quicker
Also they drop Network Passes, they Cryptarch is always keen to them, netting you an extra 250 glimmer per turn in

In under a hour you should be capped out, I'm about to start soon, got 5 item to repurchase and upgrade

Jinjo

I sharded my maxed out Truth and got 2 shards for it.

I sharded my maxed achlyophage symbiote and only got one... Was yours maxed with an exotic shard?

Also the new best way to farm glimmer is do the undying mind strike. Don't kill the boss and keep just fighting the adds. They're all majors.

"Get past the Exclusion Zone.... /douchebag smirk"

First mission on Mars, pick heroic modifier, I think it's level 20, trigger the fail-safe, pop a RESUPPLY CODE, kill all the Grunts that come off Drop-ship (Legionaries + Phalanxes)
Second Drop-ship deploys 2 Phalanxes, a Solar Shielded Centurion with RL, 9 Gold Legionaries

Kill those 9, get killed or kill yourself, start back right at the fauk-safe spot, repeat ad nauseum
In 45 minutes or less you can hit 25K Glimmer cap, you will burn 4-5 resupply codes, but killing those Gold Legionaries refreshed those back up quickly and more!
Bring 2 friends along and make it go way quicker
Also they drop Network Passes, they Cryptarch is always keen to them, netting you an extra 250 glimmer per turn in

In under a hour you should be capped out, I'm about to start soon, got 5 item to repurchase and upgrade

Holy crap this is delicious.

GraveRobberX

Can anyone confirm if sharding a fully upgraded exotic yields more than one shard?

Weapons nets you 2, if you have it maxed out (bubble wise even if you didn't fill them in with materials)

Armor always nets you 1, dismantled 3 armor pieces maxed out, all 3 netted me 1 shard even though they were all filled up
(Unless I has really bad luck and someone got 2 shards of Armor)

Sergoes

Weapons nets you 2, if you have it maxed out (bubble wise even if you didn't fill them in with materials)

Armor always nets you 1, dismantled 3 armor pieces maxed out, all 3 netted me 1 shard even though they were all filled up
(Unless I has really bad luck and someone got 2 shards of Armor)

Seems like you're right. I had the same experience. Geez, I wish they laid this out a little more clearly. Unless the exact numbers were in a Bungie update I overlooked.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I wonder if I should re-buy the Symbiote instead of waiting for an upgrade.

Going to upgrade Icebreaker and Sunbreakers. Maybe Thorn if I can be assed to farm glimmer, but I don't use it in PvE anyway.

It's way cheaper to buy new than upgrade if you have the choice. You're saving 4 coins, 7000-8000 glimmer and an exotic shard. Plus you're getting an extra shard or two from the original you dismantle.

GraveRobberX

Seems like you're right. I had the same experience. Geez, I wish they laid this out a little more clearly. Unless this was in a Bungie update I overlooked.

Armor has always been the red headed step child for max bubbling and dismantling

Legendary/Exotic Weapons (before the switchover to exotic shards) always netted you like 4-6 Ascendant Energies when maxed
Armor is not the same, even if you max it, you will either get 2-3, no bump up for maxing...

GraveRobberX

How crazy is it that most of us who bough stuff to upgrade or need to upgrade, then XP it out, roughly need 75,000 Glimmer to fully level up all out gear/weapons...
I'm talking average here

Should have raised Glimmer Cap to at least 100,000 Glimmer just to alleviate this stupid cock-block for no reason

Crazy that I maxed all 3 character to 31, that took roughly 20,000 Glimmer to do...
Down to 5,000 Glimmer, have to max, buy 3 pieces for upgrade, then max again to buy 2 pieces, then xp all the exotic out, JESUS!

I got so many bounties to do afterwards, FML!

I didn't have the much stuff this week, since I really only started playing recently again (35 coins and 23 motes). Bought the Urn of course, and I tried my luck with the engram. Really wanted Glasshouse, but I got Saint-14, so I'm not going to complain too much. I'll pass on Ruin Wings, I don't like the look or the upgrades.

How crazy is it that most of us who bough stuff to upgrade or need to upgrade, then XP it out, roughly need 75,000 Glimmer to fully level up all out gear/weapons...

Should have raised Glimmer Cap to at least 100,000 Glimmer just to alleviate this stupid cock-block for no reason

This so fucking much, and a bigger vault.

Sullichin

Nice, rolled Symbiote helm from the helmet engram, what I wanted. And a Titan helm which I sharded.

Debating upgrading Thorn... ugh

I'm convinced they'd never raise the glimmer cap. If there is one thing Bungie hates, it's fast progression. They want to lengthen playtime by any means necessary.

Gordon

As far as sharding gear goes, with greens, blues, and purples, you get more mats for experience on the item if it's a weapon, but not if it's armor. Presumably exotics work the same.

Nodnol

Pleased about him stocking the Symbiote.

That's the only Hunter helm, pre-DLC, that I didn't have, but the one I wanted the most given I've recently converted to using Gunslinger.

Got Motes to spare, so I'll gamble on the Engram first.

Going to upgrade IB because reasons, and Suros for Iron Banner next week. Could do with a 323 Primary too.

Sullichin

If you trade in an exotic that's fully upgraded, do you get an extra shard or something? Anything different at all? I know you get 2 shards if you dismantle it.

GraveRobberX

Nice, rolled Symbiote helm from the helmet engram, what I wanted. And a Titan helm which I sharded.

Debating upgrading Thorn... ugh

Can you stand to stomach the Exotic Bounty "A Light in the Dark" if it appears again, if so don't, if not, go ahead and try to max it before IB comes up

TheRook

I'm on stage 2 of the Urn bounty...I ran into Urzok the Hated on accident yesterday during a strike with a friend, we attempted to kill him but only managed to break his shield...we couldn't do any damage.

Is anyone willing to form a fireteam and take him out?

Top Bottom