• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
damn, gonna be long weekend
want to upgrade 2 pieces but I'm out of glimmer

Look a few posts up, wrote a small detailed guide on which mission is best and how to do so

It's real quick, less than 2 minutes per run (death included), netting you roughly 2-3K in glimmer, do so for 30-45 minutes, reach 20K+
Go to Cryptarch turn in Network keys (roughly 10-15 average), net yourself an extra 2500-4000+ Glimmer

Nodnol

Can you stand to stomach the Exotic Bounty "A Light in the Dark" if it appears again, if so don't, if not, go ahead and try to max it before IB comes up

I've been considering that.

Atheon's Epilogue should make it far easier a second time round, especially as a Hunter! Doing it the first time with an Uncommon Fusion Rifle and a rare heavy was very testing!

GraveRobberX

I've been considering that.

Atheon's Epilogue should make it far easier a second time round, especially as a Hunter! Doing it the first time with an Uncommon Fusion Rifle and a rare heavy was very testing!
best combo is Atheon's + Void FR (Wizard 77) or Void Shotty (Hide and Seek-42) + Corrective Measure or Truth!

Wallach

Noone? Tried summoning pits a couple of times, but my random teammates keep sabotaging me.

I used Sword of Crota on easy. Once you get to the room where the sword is, there will be 2 Cursed Thralls you can punch. Then go to orbit and resume the mission, the checkpoint will be in the room right before there. Easiest on a Defender Titan, naturally.

Edit - In fact you could probably do the next step reasonably fast at the same checkpoint.

Gordon

I don't care about that. Might give it a try this time, dunno.
The re-rollable weapons are pretty neat. And Timur's Lash is the only high-impact class legendary hand cannon afaik. Perun's Fire is also pretty sweet. 2nd or 3rd fastest charging purple fusion rifle around afaik.

I finally got Gjallahorn tonight.

The only problem? I got it in the VOG and it is the UN-upgraded version.

That kinda sucks. Now I gotta wait for the new upgraded Gjallahorn to show up in Xur's inventory before I can really level it.

Go figure ........ :(

Nodnol

best combo is Atheon's + Void FR (Wizard 77) or Void Shotty (Hide and Seek-42) + Corrective Measure or Truth!

Yep, I'll run AE, L/B and CM.

Torn between wanting to do that again, or actually having the Pocket Infinity bounty drop. PI is the only exotic bounty I haven't done.

k1t4j

The re-rollable weapons are pretty neat. And Timur's Lash is the only high-impact class legendary hand cannon afaik. Perun's Fire is also pretty sweet. 2nd or 3rd fastest charging purple fusion rifle around afaik.

Perun's fire is an awsome FR. Fast recharge rate out of the bat, solid damage.

Mine has accelarated coils, grenade cooldown and extra range while ADS'ing.

Shit wrecks the place.

Regarding Timur's, Fatebringer after using it for a week and something and having Hawkmoon for 3 months now kinda ruined all other HC's for me.

I didn't realize how much Glimmer those upgrades actually cost. I've upgraded Ice Breaker and Thorn then I didn't have enough to do any more upgrade anymore. I had 23,000 Glimmer or something...

GraveRobberX

Have they announced what the IB light+33 gear is going to be?

Guessing here, but most likely Gauntlets + Boots, if IB offer Helmet + Body, Bungie within a week destroys commendations and pisses people the fuck off

I mean bypassing commendation and netting yourself 195 Marks worth of stuff within 1 week with buffs + bonus...

This upgrade solution is so dumb. Why doesn't he just sell something that lets you upgrade whatever you want instead of clogging up the screen with shit you may or may not even be able to buy?

I didn't realize how much Glimmer those upgrades cost. I've upgraded Ice Breaker and Truth then I didn't have enough to do any more upgrade anymore. I had 23,000 Glimmer or something...

I did a FULL set of gear for my warlock today (exp went super quick, way faster than expected) and I started capped and ended around 12. So now I'm level 31. Reason I did a full set was because I got a praxic fire from nightfall and decided to level my completely unlevelled helm. Required a lot more mats and glimmer than I expected, 100 shards turned to 50, marks disappeared from my other characters, and I barely had enough glimmer to buy exotics from Xur. Still I'm happy because it took very little time to actually level, which I wasn't expecting.

Now my Titan is ready to do the same thing (minus one piece) and my hunter has been sucked of marks for mats. Hunter is fully on the back burner for now. I've got one piece and I'm gonna break down my symbiote and buy another, so it won't be long. It's going much quicker than I expected. Can't wait to put some real time into the raid tomorrow, my group is doing it blind and schedules have been conflicting :/

GraveRobberX

What's the best method of glimmer farming without using Black Wax Idols?

"Get past the Exclusion Zone.... /douchebag smirk"

First mission on Mars, pick heroic modifier, I think it's level 20, trigger the fail-safe, pop a RESUPPLY CODE, kill all the Grunts that come off Drop-ship (Legionaries + Phalanxes)
Second Drop-ship deploys 2 Phalanxes, a Solar Shielded Centurion with RL, 9 Gold Legionaries

Kill those 9, get killed or kill yourself, start back right at the fauk-safe spot, repeat ad nauseum
In 45 minutes or less you can hit 25K Glimmer cap, you will burn 4-5 resupply codes, but killing those Gold Legionaries refreshed those back up quickly and more!
Bring 2 friends along and make it go way quicker
Also they drop Network Passes, they Cryptarch is always keen to them, netting you an extra 250 glimmer per turn in

In under a hour you should be capped out, I'm about to start soon, got 5 item to repurchase and upgrade

Here you go

Guessing here, but most likely Gauntlets + Boots, if IB offer Helmet + Body, Bungie within a week destroys commendations and pisses people the fuck off

I mean bypassing commendation and netting yourself 195 Marks worth of stuff within 1 week with buffs + bonus...

Yeah I think boots and gloves too. Thinking of gambling on an exotic Warlock helmet and keeping my VOG chest and just getting vendor boots and gloves.

Voidfangs? Freaking voidfangs again? Why? This is not even funny anymore. They do know there are 3 classes in this game right? Seriously I've never been disappointed in what Xur has to sell than this week. I really don't understand why they keep shitting on Warlocks.

"Get past the Exclusion Zone.... /douchebag smirk"

First mission on Mars, pick heroic modifier, I think it's level 20, trigger the fail-safe, pop a RESUPPLY CODE, kill all the Grunts that come off Drop-ship (Legionaries + Phalanxes)
Second Drop-ship deploys 2 Phalanxes, a Solar Shielded Centurion with RL, 9 Gold Legionaries

Kill those 9, get killed or kill yourself, start back right at the fauk-safe spot, repeat ad nauseum
In 45 minutes or less you can hit 25K Glimmer cap, you will burn 4-5 resupply codes, but killing those Gold Legionaries refreshed those back up quickly and more!
Bring 2 friends along and make it go way quicker
Also they drop Network Passes, they Cryptarch is always keen to them, netting you an extra 250 glimmer per turn in

In under a hour you should be capped out, I'm about to start soon, got 5 item to repurchase and upgrade

Thanks for the tip.

Gotta try this!

GraveRobberX

Heh, I suppose a lot of people are going to camp at Skywatch this week-end...

Skywatch has only 1 PTE and it's Defend Warsat, that's when this dude drops
ZNqWZF7.jpg

If no PTE or if the Free For All Triggers where Fallen and Hive go Apeshit, there's a chance he comes in that too!

Shito

Skywatch has only 1 PTE and it's Defend Warsat, that's when this dude drops
ZNqWZF7.jpg

If no PTE or if the Free For All Triggers where Fallen and Hive go Apeshit, there's a chance he comes in that too!
There are two versions of this event: one on the Hive side, and one on the Fallen one.
I wonder if he can pop when in the Fallen phase, or if they disabled this phase to make sure he would always appear...

CLBridges

Last mission of the Urn quest was pretty intense but fun. Completed with my warlock, end reward was
Thrallskin Brace gauntles that give +33 light.

I think I'm gonna upgrade Icebreaker and maybe Suros. Bought three exotic helm engrams hoping for something new for my warlock, got Apotheosis Veil (happy about that) and two Helm of Saint-14. Sharded the extra and will keep the other just in case I make a titan one day.

Ambitious

I think I'm going to buy a new Truth too. I haven't used mine at all (got a Ghallarhorn anyway), but I might as well replace it while I have the chance to do so.

Shouldn't that be 36 light gear to match the current raid standard? I thought that was the point of Iron Banner: to give PvPers a chance to hit max level.

IB gear is for all people, DLC or no. If it sold raid equivalent armor it would be pointless for people without DLC since you need radiant shards to upgrade and people can only get that in CE.

This way more people can hit 31 without going through the commendation and mark crap.

Last mission of the Urn quest was pretty intense but fun. Completed with my warlock but won't spoil the end reward though.

I think I'm gonna upgrade Icebreaker and maybe Suros. Bought three exotic helm engrams hoping for something new for my warlock, got Apotheosis Veil (happy about that) and two Helm of Saint-14. Sharded the extra and will keep the other just in case I make a titan one day.
Could you just spoiler tag the reward so I don't have to run around getting these void kills at 3 am?

Fitts

Rolled a helmet engram. Got Helm of Saint. This, in addition to the offered upgrade to Armamentarium, brought both of my preferred Titan exotics up to snuff. I also upgraded Icebreaker because.... why wouldn't you?

Would like to upgrade Light Beyond Nemesis for my Warlock and Thorn (although, I wouldn't really mind doing the bounty again) before the weekend is out, but I really don't want to grind for glimmer. Or anything else.

Last mission of the Urn quest was pretty intense but fun. Completed with my warlock but won't spoil the end reward though.

Just put spoiler tags around it

Trakan

After Urzok you do a mission on the moon. I think I read it's a Heroic version of "we've woken the hive!"

I also heard the reward is a shitty pair of light 33 gauntlets...

Sullichin

Bleh, I've upgraded Ice Breaker but I'm just going to keep Thorn as is for now. I don't want to lose the DOT, spend a ton of glimmer and two shards when I mostly use it in PVP. A 300 atk Thorn will probably still 2-headshot everyone in the next Iron Banner anyway, I hope.

Fitts

IB gear is for all people, DLC or no. If it sold raid equivalent armor it would be pointless for people without DLC since you need radiant shards to upgrade and people can only get that in CE.

This way more people can hit 31 without going through the commendation and mark crap.

...oh Bungie. I played the heck out of the last Iron Banner but doubt I'll even touch this one then. I suppose it's for the best, Mythoclast being a broken weapon (again) and all.

k1t4j

Does the "Story" keep going? Or do you only have white bounties now

Bought an exotic engram and it gave me Obsidian Mind for the warlock. Upgraded my Suros, considering upgrading the Last Word but I don't really use it that much so I'm not gonna bother. All in all it was alright. I just wish Warlocks stop getting shafted.

I can't believe I was stuck at 29 for weeks and in a matter of two days I'll be 31 only to be stuck there forever.

Top Bottom