• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Midas

none right now but the cabal seem to drop an infinite amount of it, it's just tedious gathering it. So I guess upgrading is always better, if you can stand the tedium of farming glimmer.

Yeah, I'd better start farming a bit during the weekend before they patch it. We all know they will. If Bungie didn't have the stupid glimmer cap I would be have a bit more now. :(

SnakeEyes

Banned
Just finished the Urn mission. With the final mission, the shield on the enemy Knight is all you have to worry about, he health bar goes down very quickly. Also, he doesn't only spawn in Public Events, but also the Faction Wars as well.

Kensuke

Just finished the Urn mission. With the final mission, the shield on the enemy Knight is all you have to worry about, he health bar goes down very quickly. Also, he doesn't only spawn in Public Events, but also the Faction Wars as well.

What did you get from it? How did you kill the cursed thralls?

Rolled an exotic engram, got helm of saint-14, the titan helm I wanted most (before the Glasshouse). Upgraded my icebreaker, which has been my workhorse since I bought it from Xur. Upgraded my warlock helm and bought the hunter helm, which I also have been wanting for a while. I think my titan needs a chest piece, which I'll buy with marks, but then all 3 characters will just need xp to get to 31.

3 motes away from being able to roll another helmet. Might do it, since there's a few pieces I still want, and at worst it turns into an exotic shard. Solid Xur day.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Goddammit. Turned in 6 exotic helm engrams and didn't get a single new helm, and I even got some dupes. Ugh.

raindoc

What did you get from it? How did you kill the cursed thralls?

i did it in the "chamber of night" mission on the moon. there's a couple of cursed thralls in that mission that are pretty easy to single out. i'd recommend using a scout rifle, shoot them in the legs/soften them up (carefully), so your melee is a OHK. go to orbit if things get too hairy, return to the cp.

SkylineRKR

Got Arachnid helm for Hunter. Seems to be much more useful than the Third Man I got yesterday. Wonder how Golden Gun is going to pan out with this.

Manp

got the titan gauntlets, upgraded suros and ice breaker (i'm part of the problem).
and more importantly got the engram which decrypted into skullfort, so now i can shard my old one.

nice :)

I got 2 exotic shards from a mostly upgraded super good advice. Looks like it's random.
got tow from a mida with empty last row

Kensuke

i did it in the "chamber of night" mission on the moon. there's a couple of cursed thralls in that mission that are pretty easy to single out. i'd recommend using a scout rifle, shoot them in the legs/soften them up (carefully), so your melee is a OHK. go to orbit if things get too hairy, return to the cp.

Nice, finally got it done. Any tips on where to do the last part?

Sergoes

Anyone want to group up to finish off the last part of the Urn quest on the moon? Trying to do it on heroic for the 5 Motes.

void666

Banned
Truth? Again!? Xur you asshole.

Anyway, upgraded 2 ice breakers and armamentarium. Suros and thorn will follow. Maybe red death too. Just need some glimmer farming.

Bought symbiote, voidfang and ruin wings.

Titan will be the first to reach 31. Which is fair as he is the firstborn.
Maybe i'll have hunter and warlock at 31 this weekend too. Need some rep farming though.

Engrams turned into inmost light and beyond nemesis. I'm fine with that.

And after all that i still have 114 strange coins.

Holy crap, Urzok is impossible to solo. You'd think they enemy would fight each other, but as soon as I went to start taking down his shields, the Hive AND the Fallen all turn on me.

Sullichin

Ugh, I wasn't going to but I caved and bought upgraded Thorn. I don't want to be kicking myself later when the bounty never drops again. This is just the fastest way to get this over with I suppose.

I dunno. I like the fight. It's less puzzle-y but I like that it's super punishing for groups for even one person to die.

I like "git gud" walls even if it is frustrating to eventually find a group of people who aren't scrubs.

i think it'll be easy when people are properly leveled. i just find it mechanically uninteresting. the fight before wasn't mechanically interesting either, but individual roles felt more important.

Ugh, I wasn't going to but I caved and bought upgraded Thorn. I don't want to be kicking myself later when the bounty never drops again. This is just the fastest way to get this over with I suppose.

Still have the bounty, so glad I never deleted it and was just like this'll come in handy one day for the shards.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't believe that Xur's upgrades don't keep your stats. So now you're forced to choose between new light levels or better stats?

Midas

Can anyone confirm if you can upgrade an item you already have if it's sold by Xûr? Maybe someone already did, but I heard someone mention it.

The reward for the Eris quest is not worth it if you already have
a fully upgraded light 33 gauntlets
is it? Except if there is some XP associated with it

Top Bottom