• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

X-Frame

Wow, and there goes all my glimmer.

- Upgraded Armamentarium
- Upgraded Icebreaker
- Upgraded Thron
- Purchased Ruin Wings

Question -- is it safe for me to near-max out my Vex Mythoclast? We still don't know if it is going to be upgradable by Xur, correct?

Midas

The reward for the Eris quest is not worth it if you already have
a fully upgraded light 33 gauntlets
is it? Except if there is some XP associated with it

I hope there's some XP toward Eris' rank. I can't remember. I need that level 4 shader and the green thing to upgrade Murmur at level 3.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

- Upgraded Armamentarium
- Upgraded Icebreaker
- Upgraded Thron
- Purchased Ruin Wings

Question -- is it safe for me to near-max out my Vex Mythoclast? We still don't know if it is going to be upgradable by Xur, correct?
I'm assuming that the Vex will be replaced by the new raid gun, so it's only meant to be useful until you get that. Much like all the old raid weapons.

I'm actually happy for once! Finished up Eris's quest. I needed the
gloves
anyways. However, I also got legendary leggings (33 light), and a legendary scout rifle from engrams. ^_^

Why the FUCK is this game still dropping green engrams at level 27?

I don't understand that either it makes no sense. I thought the logical thing to do is as you increase in level green engrams stop dropping then blue and legendary engram drops would increase. It blows my mind that since I've been playing this game I think I've had maybe a total of 10-12 engrams drop for me from killing enemies.

Rixa

Why the FUCK is this game still dropping green engrams at level 27?

I don't understand that either it makes no sense. I thought the logical thing to do is as you increase in level green engrams stop dropping then blue and legendary engram drops would increase. It blows my mind that since I've been playing this game I think I've had maybe a total of 10-12 engrams drop for me from killing enemies.

You might need materials. At least at somepoint my alt hunter has shortage about Sapphire Wire. In few hours time I did raise my char from 16 level to 27. Getting from 26->27 took long because I didnt have enough SW and wasting glimmer to buy green engrams is nono.

Eh just like I wanted, the Ice Breaker and Exotic Helmet upgrades for my warlock, also the Eris' urn for her quest . The fact that exotics start at +30 light level and a bit of a higher defense stat is actually great. Sure you lose the perks, but at least it won't bring you down in levels.

broony

So if I upgrade icebreaker it will be 302 damage right? The only important perk is the unlimited ammo which is on by default so should be fine.

maxed out Vex is still very useful in the game, there is no gun like it that can dish out Solar damage at a rapid rate.

I still think all VoG weapons that have elemental damage are useful, atleast until you can find similar elemental damage Legendary weapons. Vex has that downside that it's exotic instead of Legendary. Expensive exotic slots man! :D

Wallach

Man, soloing that last urn mission even more intense than yesterday's daily heroic. The sniper I got from Crota really does some fucking work, I almost two shot the ogres and could one shot the wizards, and that is without the last 4 attack upgrades or the Hive Major bonus. Thing is amazing. I'm not sure the Ice Breaker I upgraded is actually going to see much action.

You might need materials. At least at somepoint my alt hunter has shortage about Sapphire Wire. In few hours time I did raise my char from 16 level to 27. Getting from 26->27 took long because I didnt have enough SW and wasting glimmer to buy green engrams is nono.

You can still get that from blue engrams though. Blue engrams are what need to be dropping more often not green. With that you have the added benefit that it might decrypt into a legendary weapon and you can still get weapon and armor parts if it just decrypts into regular stuff.

Deku Tree

- Upgraded Armamentarium
- Upgraded Icebreaker
- Upgraded Thron
- Purchased Ruin Wings

How much do the Xur upgrades cost?

Rixa

You can still get that from blue engrams though. Blue engrams are what need to be dropping more often not green. With that you have the added benefit that it might decrypt into a legendary weapon and you can still get weapon and armor parts if it just decrypts into regular stuff.

Uh oh.

So if I need ~15 materials fast I should farm blue = rare drops. 1 RoC strike which takes ~30mins (might take less, might take more), nets ~2 rare drops and 1-2 rare from finishing it.

Basically you would need to farm 2-3 RoC strikes for those 15 materials needed for the upgrading gear.

The upgrading to legendary item is why those blues are called "rare". I dont want to farm rares when I need material to upgrade gear fast.

Well, just bought and upgraded everything he had.

Had to farm a lot of glimmer but did it. I don't have Red Death or Sunbreakers so I couldn't upgrade those.

Still have 98 coins left. :/

Uh oh.

So if I need ~15 materials fast I should farm blue = rare drops. 1 RoC strike which takes ~30mins (might take less, might take more), nets ~2 rare drops and 1-2 rare from finishing it.

Basically you would need to farm 2-3 RoC strikes for those 15 materials needed for the upgrading gear.

The upgrading to legendary item is why those blues are called "rare". I dont want to farm rares when I need material to upgrade gear fast.

I get where you're coming from I think I'm just coming from the place that the game can be stingy with its loot drops so I was just hoping it would be more generous with blue engrams dropping from enemies in patrol/

X-Frame

I'm assuming that the Vex will be replaced by the new raid gun, so it's only meant to be useful until you get that. Much like all the old raid weapons.

I still find it odd that regular exotics could be upgraded to 331 but not the Vex. Just in case, I'll likely just max it out until the final upgrade for now.

maxed out Vex is still very useful in the game, there is no gun like it that can dish out Solar damage at a rapid rate.

I still think all VoG weapons that have elemental damage are useful, atleast until you can find similar elemental damage Legendary weapons. Vex has that downside that it's exotic instead of Legendary. Expensive exotic slots man! :D

Yeah, I have a maxed VoC as well. As I said above, I'll upgrade it until the final exotic shard upgrade and leave that blank for a few weeks until either Bungie answers or it comes to Xur.

How much do the Xur upgrades cost?

Enough so that upgrading 3 things brought me down to 250 glimmer! I was at the glimmer cap beforehand, haha. Insane.

Deku Tree

Well, just bought and upgraded everything he had.

Had to farm a lot of glimmer but did it. I don't have Red Death or Sunbreakers so I couldn't upgrade those.

Still have 98 coins left. :/

I think I'm gonna destroy some of my exotic armor for my non existent hunter instead of buying exotic shards.

Ryck

So is the helmet the hardest drop in the new raid as it was in the old raid? Trying decide between upgrading my sunbreakers or my light beyond nemesis.

Rixa

I get where you're coming from I think I'm just coming from the place that the game can be stingy with its loot drops so I was just hoping it would be more generous with blue engrams dropping from enemies in patrol/

Yeah I wish that too. But seeing what Bungie has done for this game about patching stuff (VoG drops, how they handled these december patches etc), they wont do a thing.

Hey I'm not able to get to my PS4 right now to find this out. But I just wanted to make sure that when I do go see Xur later on today if I don't have Icebreaker already can i purchase a brand-new icebreaker for 17 coins?

Namikaze1

Hey I'm not able to get to my PS4 right now to find this out. But I just wanted to make sure that when I do go see Xur later on today if I don't have Icebreaker already can i purchase a brand-new icebreaker for 17 coins?
No, he's not selling it today. He only has the option to upgrade one you have.

E92 M3

You'd be surprised how a few strong voices can drag an entire team of people down the wrong path. Honestly I'd expect in a few years to read interviews with staffers that express surprise at the complaints about grinding with disingenuous comments about Diablo or WoW.

The exotics are already a massive time sink, I'd be willing to bet that they felt the need to hit the reset on those purely to try and artificially extend play time. When faced with needing to stretch what little they had over 2-3 years (until Destiny 2) the idea of de facto resetting players progress became intoxicating. I actually find the bump from 300 ATK to 301 ATK to be almost insulting as if losing the perks on your weapons would be worth it for 0.66% more damage.

Yeah, unfortunately exotics weren't the only thing they compromised on. They also invalidated the VOG and all armor obtained from it. It's okay to do such things 1 year down the line, but not 3 months.

Drubbed

Banned

If bungie made it so you could just buy the upgraded version for 17 coins and a shard, I believe very strongly the communities head would explode.

Top Bottom