• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Ryck

So is the helmet the hardest drop in the new raid as it was in the old raid? Trying decide between upgrading my sunbreakers or my light beyond nemesis.

Rp: for new page...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
One thing I just realized is that Xur now gives you the chance to re-roll an exotic if he has one that has better stats. I guess that's better than buying a new one, assuming you didn't max out the old one.

raindoc

any tips for killing cursed thrall witih melee of all things?

i did it in the "chamber of night" mission on the moon. there's a couple of cursed thralls in that mission that are pretty easy to single out. i'd recommend using a scout rifle, shoot them in the legs/soften them up (carefully), so your melee is a OHK. go to orbit if things get too hairy, return to the cp.

EDIT: AFAIK Throwing knife doesn't count.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So what I wrote a few pages back:
"Get past the Exclusion Zone.... /douchebag smirk"

First mission on Mars, pick heroic modifier, I think it's level 20, trigger the fail-safe, pop a RESUPPLY CODE, kill all the Grunts that come off Drop-ship (Legionaries + Phalanxes)
Second Drop-ship deploys 2 Phalanxes, a Solar Shielded Centurion with RL, 9 Gold Legionaries

Kill those 9, get killed or kill yourself, start back right at the fauk-safe spot, repeat ad nauseum
In 45 minutes or less you can hit 25K Glimmer cap, you will burn 4-5 resupply codes, but killing those Gold Legionaries refreshed those back up quickly and more!
Bring 2 friends along and make it go way quicker
Also they drop Network Passes, they Cryptarch is always keen to them, netting you an extra 250 glimmer per turn in

In under a hour you should be capped out, I'm about to start soon, got 5 item to repurchase and upgrade

Results for 50 minutes:
Started with 3,500 Glimmer, 20 Resupply Codes (Used 5 in total, 10:00 minutes each)
iftg5B9.jpg

8 deaths per (cycles), till I had to use a new Resupply Code to continue farming:
HFz8RZg.jpg

So I ended up with 21.5K Glimmer and 18 Network Keys (250 Glimmer each) for an extra 4500 Glimmer Bonus, and netted myself an extra 13 Resupply Codes
Need to do it 2 more times after I buy upgrade items from Xur right now, once to get the rest, then last to save up when I'll have to slot in the bubbles

ocean

Banned
So is the helmet the hardest drop in the new raid as it was in the old raid? Trying decide between upgrading my sunbreakers or my light beyond nemesis.

Rp: for new page...
I don't know if it's been confirmed but its a safe bet as nobody's gotten it here yet unlike the rest of the raid set.

If you've got your eyes on 32 before Heroic CE, an Exotic helm is probably required. 32 will require so many Radiant Shards that it'll be a while before it's feasible getting there though.

I'm 1 mote short of another helm Engram :(

E92 M3

In a rush to upgrade my Ice Breaker before work, I traded in the wrong one accidentally. I didn't realize the one being held was the one being trade in unfortunately and missed two exotic shards.

I think I'm gonna destroy some of my exotic armor for my non existent hunter instead of buying exotic shards.

Yeah I had goidfang and symbionts so I shared them for exotic shards and bought them new.

Ditto Truth.

I also sharded all my extra exotics.

Just realized I bought 2 Truth. Shit!!! I would have had more coins left! I'll just use it I guess for another character. I actually have 118 coins left. Yay! Still a good buffer. Plus weeklies next week.

I also got 3 new helmets , one for each class with the exotic engrams. Lucked out didn't get duplicates or the ones already sold.

Got the new ObsidIan Mind helmet for my warlock.

Now every character has all the gear they need for 31!!!

Ryck

I don't know if it's been confirmed but its a safe bet as nobody's gotten it here yet unlike the rest of the raid set.

If you've got your eyes on 32 before Heroic CE, an Exotic helm is probably required. 32 will require so many Radiant Shards that it'll be a while before it's feasible getting there though.

I'm 1 mote short of another helm Engram :(
ok thanks for the info, still 23 motes of light for the exotic engram? It's back?!?

Nodnol

Man these cursed Thralls are killing me. Literally! I'm too careless.

I know there's a lone that spawns on patrol on the Moon, but I have no idea how often it does.

Tawpgun

The hunter gloves in teh urn quest seem kinda meh. Was expecting them to be somewhat unique but other than a Hive aesthetic its just like every other legendary gauntlet. Max 33 light. Two perks.

And the perks on the hunter are increased melee speed and increased scout rifle reload.

zzzzz

LiK

Man these cursed Thralls are killing me. Literally! I'm too careless.

I know there's a lone that spawns on patrol on the Moon, but I have no idea how often it does.

Cursed Thralls are the new Hobgoblins.

The hunter gloves in teh urn quest seem kinda meh. Was expecting them to be somewhat unique but other than a Hive aesthetic its just like every other legendary gauntlet. Max 33 light. Two perks.

And the perks on the hunter are increased melee speed and increased scout rifle reload.

zzzzz

Man, kinda lame. I should've saved my marks for helm instead of gauntlets. Now I have to grind some more cuz I just bought gauntlets from Vanguard last night and got them halfway.

Carn82

zzzzz

:/ exact same perks as the Jackknife 2.1 I already have.

hEist

Thrall tactic: try to get only one to you and kill him. If you think you will definitly die on next one, don't take the loot. Just leave it there and respawn. Do it until you got 5 items on the floor and you are done.

Deej/Bungie said:
Exotic upgrade paths require much less time and material

Can anyone who has 'Xur-ified' their exotics confirm if their is any difference in the levelling requirements or was the above just a sneaky way of saying 'no need for Asc. Energy any more'?

Deku Tree

Yeah I had goidfang and symbionts so I shared them for exotic shards and bought them new.

Ditto Truth.

I also sharded all my extra exotics.

Just realized I bought 2 Truth. Shit!!! I would have had more coins left! I'll just use it I guess for another character. I actually have 118 coins left. Yay! Still a good buffer. Plus weeklies next week.

I also got 3 new helmets , one for each class with the exotic engrams. Lucked out didn't get duplicates or the ones already sold.

Got the new ObsidIan Mind helmet for my warlock.

Now every character has all the gear they need for 31!!!

I'm buying three exotic helm engrams too ... 23 motes is cheap for an exotic shard.

Top Bottom