• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Well, time to grind all weekend

FOCUS_fist.jpg

I bet Xûr is selling engrams because motes are going to be extremely valuable next week. I'm gonna hold on to about 50 of them. I know there's an iron banner next week...

Zakalwe

Banned
Need two more for the weekly. Need those coins.

I need to run it three times, but join me for however many you need.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)

jaaz

So, Motes are still only used for class items from the speaker, exotic engrams from xur, and iron banner rep "telemetry" correct?

Thinking of blowing all of them on helm
engrams, since I already have full Vanguard gear and probably won't do IB...

Tawpgun

Could Bungle really not be bothered to create a SOMEWHAT unique reward for the Urn questline? Disappointing.

I think I might hold off on upgrading Suros and The Last Word also. Dunno how much IB I'll play.

X-Frame

A good way to get the Melee Cursed Thralls bounty is Chamber of Night mission on the Moon. There are several instances where there is only a lonely cursed thrall so you don't need to worry about it being with 5 others who will also blow up and kill you each time.

I had trouble killing them, dying, and not picking up the thing it drops at the same time, so I needed to do it all in one life.

Namikaze1

Ruin Wings is perfect for the raid if you own a Gjallarhorn. I would love to upgrade the armamentarium but frequent heavy drop is better than additional heavy/special ammo and grenade.

The hunter gloves in teh urn quest seem kinda meh. Was expecting them to be somewhat unique but other than a Hive aesthetic its just like every other legendary gauntlet. Max 33 light. Two perks.

And the perks on the hunter are increased melee speed and increased scout rifle reload.

zzzzz

I've already bought gauntlets on all three of my characters, with Scout rifle perks. If the Xur urn wasn't a quest I would've found out about the reward before I wasted 225 marks.

Fuck sake.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm not looking forward to it.
Anyway, let's do the weekly, then. I'm going to join you.

Thanks man.

I'm in the tower, join my party too.

Need one more for 3x weekly. Even if you can only help is with the one it would be really appreciated.

Psn: astropoff

NastyBook

PyIOHPo.jpg

Lazy as fuck, Bungie. Just lazy as fuck...

Man, first week working fullo time and I'm falling unconscious damn near every night I get home. Looks like I'm gonna be a weekend Destiny warrior at this rate. Grabbed the DLC, so I'm gonna clear this mission and try to work on this Weekly and Nightfall at some point.

Haha trolled with Voidfang again.

So sad that I decided to spend 13 coins on a ew version instead waiting another random week upgrading my old.

Economicly, you will get an Exotoc Shard for sharding your old one.

LiK

PyIOHPo.jpg

Lazy as fuck, Bungie. Just lazy as fuck...

Man, first week working fullo time and I'm falling unconscious damn near every night I get home. Looks like I'm gonna be a weekend Destiny warrior at this rate. Grabbed the DLC, so I'm gonna clear this mission and try to work on this Weekly and Nightfall at some point.

lol, I wish it was the Veil design in black and silver. That would look so badass.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Need ~10000 Glimmer fast - how?

Do none of you read the last few pages?

So what I wrote a few pages back:

"Get past the Exclusion Zone.... /douchebag smirk"

First mission on Mars, pick heroic modifier, I think it's level 20, trigger the fail-safe, pop a RESUPPLY CODE, kill all the Grunts that come off Drop-ship (Legionaries + Phalanxes)
Second Drop-ship deploys 2 Phalanxes, a Solar Shielded Centurion with RL, 9 Gold Legionaries

Kill those 9, get killed or kill yourself, start back right at the fauk-safe spot, repeat ad nauseum
In 45 minutes or less you can hit 25K Glimmer cap, you will burn 4-5 resupply codes, but killing those Gold Legionaries refreshed those back up quickly and more!
Bring 2 friends along and make it go way quicker
Also they drop Network Passes, they Cryptarch is always keen to them, netting you an extra 250 glimmer per turn in

In under a hour you should be capped out, I'm about to start soon, got 5 item to repurchase and upgrade

Results for 50 minutes:
Started with 3,500 Glimmer, 20 Resupply Codes (Used 5 in total, 10:00 minutes each)
iftg5B9.jpg

8 deaths per (cycles), till I had to use a new Resupply Code to continue farming:
HFz8RZg.jpg

So I ended up with 21.5K Glimmer and 18 Network Keys (250 Glimmer each) for an extra 4500 Glimmer Bonus, and netted myself an extra 13 Resupply Codes
Need to do it 2 more times after I buy upgrade items from Xur right now, once to get the rest, then last to save up when I'll have to slot in the bubbles

spyder_ur

It was another late night but we were able to finish him off. Drizzay handled the Sword and everyone else locked in on their jobs. Only Zewone and I were left from our earlier group.

Was that the group I (spyder) was in? If so how much longer did it take you?

That was fun though.

Top Bottom