• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Rubenov

I guess I prefer to use an exotic heavy and a legendary sniper, especially since a legendary sniper is more stable and can shoot repeated crits easier (though I think we've all mastered the flick down aiming required with the IB by now). And if a level 32 knight is around, he's eating a rocket :)

Legendary snipers have NOTHING on the Icebreaker in terms of damage (although I haven't tried that new Black hammer one).

i don't think you've played the last section of the raid.
If you shoot a Gjallarhorn or whatever to a knight everytime one comes around you'll be out of rockets in 30 seconds. A lvl 31 can down knights with 2 Icebreaker headshots.

rNilla

So Xur will let you "upgrade" your upgraded exotics (i.e. trade it in for the same unleveled weapon)? Be careful out there folks!

spyder_ur

If you have a solar Fusion Rifle it's not a hard bounty! The first mission on the moon ("We've woken the hive!") has a ton of Thralls who rush you. The thralls leave some items behind - since the bounty's count resets per death, you just leave them on the floor. Get yourself killed and you'll respawn with the same thrall wave and all the old items still on the ground. Two runs should be enough for you to pick everything up if you ran the mission on Heroic (level 9)!

That said, the later bounties sound tedious so you may wanna read what they are before investing time in starting the quest. If you're under leveled it's a good idea though since it will reward you a pair of 33 Light Gauntlets.

This is good to know. I really don't see why they had to put this quest through Xur and couldn't have just had it on release day. I've bought 33 gauntlets for two of my characters.

My Hunter is who really needs this, but she hasn't gone through the story yet. I assume the gear is tied to a class, correct? Could I purchase the urn and hold it for when she's ready?

Legendary snipers have NOTHING on the Icebreaker in terms of damage (although I haven't tried that new Black hammer one).

If you shoot a Gjallarhorn or whatever to a knight everytime one comes around you'll be out of rockets in 30 seconds.

Exactly. At Crota,
if you're wasting gjallerhorn rockets on Knights, it's gonna bite you in the ass.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So Xur will let you "upgrade" your upgraded exotics (i.e. trade it in for the same unleveled weapon)? Be careful out there folks!
Yeah. Might be worth doing when he comes back with the same gear but with higher stats... at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he offered the sunbreaker upgrade for 10 weeks in a row.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Should I upgrade both my Ice breakers? I mean, I don't feel like dismantling the other one lol.

Also Commish, IB is a god tier weapon along with the Gjallarhorn. I would prefer IB + HV combo if you don't have a Gjallarhorn. Truth is just bad man, not worth the slot.

Okay, I got the urn thing for my main, but he already has 33 gauntlets. My hunter doesn't have them but isn't getting the option to buy Urn from Xur and Eris isn't selling me that bounty any more. What do?

Also, anyone wanna hit up the exclusion zone in ten minutes?

How long do you guys figure it will take to get Eris to the level where we an buy a runed core for our Murmur weapons?

Am I missing a trick to get her faction levelled quickly?

EL CUCO

Icebreaker staggers enemies (this is very important), regenerates ammo, and shits all over all other snipers in terms of damage. it takes 3 shots with my praedyth's revenge what Icebreaker does in one, and then it also damages nearby enemies.

the only better weapon in the game is Gjallarhorn, but you save that for bosses and very important enemies, unlike the Icebreaker.

It's mandatory everyone has one, and mandatory you upgrade it.

All of this.

spyder_ur

Every piece of armor i have requires helium filaments to upgrade. It seems i'll have to do some old fashioned chest farming. Oh god...

It's really not that bad right now. I was farming 40-50 in like 15 minutes the other day. It appears they've changed both node and chest spawn times to make it easy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

If you shoot a Gjallarhorn or whatever to a knight everytime one comes around you'll be out of rockets in 30 seconds.

Not needed at that part
because the whole team just busts him down. You're actually in very little danger on the last boss, except the sword wielder aka MVP :)

Jito

Banned
Well I feel pretty violated now. Spent my hard earned coins on stuff I already own, which once fully levelled will need more Shards! What is this endless loop I'm now stuck in?!

i'm glad i bought two last words from Xur so i can upgrade the one i haven't used yet without having to sacrifice my main one until the new one is leveled.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why are you bringing up the regen ammo feature and Atheon? Obviously IB is awesome and is the PvE MVP. My point is that its' not necessary to upgrade for the raid (at least normal) because a legendary sniper + exotic heavy is more effective at all parts. Have you even fought the last boss? At no time are you unloading IB shots into his face.

You do realize not everyone is running with Gjallar, IB is the safety net, yes I played up to the last boss in CE, and know how the fight works, IB helps out a ton as Secondary

You can keep VoC as primary and either Hezen Vengance or Corrective Measure in Heavy

331 attack gotten now and saved up for hard is better than waiting till hard then upgrading
IB shines in CE from 2nd part till the end, Gjallar is higher on the spotlight list, but IB comes in a close second

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Should I upgrade both my Ice breakers? I mean, I don't feel like dismantling the other one lol.

Also Commish, IB is a god tier weapon along with the Gjallarhorn. I would prefer IB + HV combo if you don't have a Gjallarhorn. Truth is just bad man, not worth the slot.
I have two, and I'm going to keep my old 300 one to be upgraded when the new expansion comes out. I figure that way I don't have to give up an upgraded Icebreaker, even if its abilities aren't that necessary.

Not needed at that part
because the whole team just busts him down. You're actually in very little danger on the last boss, except the sword wielder aka MVP :)

Lol what?
You can hardly say getting two shotted by Knights in the balcony and almost everything else as 'being in very little danger'

Drubbed

Banned
Shit, the game has been ruined for me.

My buddy who constantly uses void walker in raids just for useless nova bombs
got the nova bomb DLC helm.

The game is ruined, now he'll never do the right thing and use self res.

Fuck.

Manp

VoC is a compliment to IB, if you see what IB can do in CE, you would realize why people are xurbishing it as quickly as possible and get it to the new 331 Attack

Just at the second CE part, IB makes the difference, not Gjallar, good luck sending you rocket across to help out, IB, makes the difference

i still have to try CE raid but for me IB is the weapon that made everything in this game that much easier. that's why the first thing i did was upgrade my old maxed for the newer version.

i still don't have Gjallarhorn tho :(

EL CUCO

Not needed at that part
IONdZb6.jpg

Rubenov

Not needed at that part

Commish, let's just say you're terribly wrong regarding not upgrading Icebreakers for almost all of the PVE content. Thanks.

Greenymac

I got 3 exotic helmet engrams and got lucky, got Saint-14 for titan and the new DLC hunter helmet that looks like a spiders face. Both these helmets with 36 light just pushed both my titan and hunter to level 30+ even though they both still have light 27 legendary boots lol.

I swapped the ice breaker for the new one but everything else can wait for now.

Bro Ill be 31 soon. Just need to upgrade the exotic helm I picked up...Hoping to get a group together sometime this weekend. If the times match up, you in? Hoping DrDrizzay will jump in too.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I have two, and I'm going to keep my old 300 one to be upgraded when the new expansion comes out. I figure that way I don't have to give up an upgraded Icebreaker, even if its abilities aren't that necessary.
Oh yeah, that's a good idea actually. I guess I'll do the same.

spyder_ur

How long do you guys figure it will take to get Eris to the level where we an buy a runed core for our Murmur weapons?

Am I missing a trick to get her faction levelled quickly?

This is kind of annoying. When I bought the expansion, it wasn't exactly to grind rep with another vendor/person. I kind of assumed that near the end of the story stuff/quests/strikes I would be to the point where I could at least buy stuff from her and transfers shards to energy, etc. I'm not even to rank 1.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is kind of annoying. When I bought the expansion, it wasn't exactly to grind rep with another vendor/person. I kind of assumed that near the end of the story stuff/quests/strikes I would be to the point where I could at least buy stuff from her and transfers shards to energy, etc. I'm not even to rank 1.
They can't have people at level 32 too fast. lol

speaking of VoC, any vault of glass runs going on soon? I wanna try my luck for that gun again. hated having to run mythoclast towards the end of the raid because my fatebringer was losing DPS

Eugh the amount of grinding I'll have to do to just to get enough coins to upgrade my Exotics is pretty disheartening. Why did you put more grinding in Bungie?!

And I've just progressed a Exotic bounty to Defeat 10000 Guardians in the Crucible, what the fuck?! That's going to take months!

It's 10,000 points. I've done 3 matches and already have about 4,000. It isn't too bad. Even easier if you're in a group because assists count in your points

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I have 3 maxed out IBs for all my characters. I use that thing on EVERYTHING since September. Truth is hardly bad. If you aren't using a rocket launcher with tracking, then you're doing it wrong, and having 3 in a magazine and a large impact radius makes it pretty boss. Ballerhorn is obviously the best, but truth is better than nearly everything else (hezen good too but not as good imo).

sit down and shut up, you couldn't be more wrong.

Totally bro.

Commish, let's just say you're terribly wrong regarding not upgrading Icebreakers for almost all of the PVE content. Thanks.

I feel like we are playing a different raid. It's not like my groups have secret weapons where IB is not needed on that part for us but is for everyone else.

X-Frame

Wow, Warlocks really got the shaft today. The upgraded Sunbreakers have a horrific stat roll. +87 Strength @ 36 Light would be a low stat roll even on the older Sunbreakers.

Compare that to the upgraded No Backup Plans which max now at +111 Strength, that is a huge difference.

Drubbed

Banned

It's that wall that keeps players from hitting 32 in two days.

I got the raid gauntlets and boots last night...

So once I have run it again on my other characters there is a strong chance I will have all raid gear, they need to make the content at least seem like it's there till the hard mode comes out.

Shito

And I've just progressed a Exotic bounty to Defeat 10000 Guardians in the Crucible, what the fuck?! That's going to take months!
It's badly written: it works with points.
You win 25 points when defeating a titan or a hunter, and 75 for a warlock. Don't ask me why. ^^
Goes by quite fast, did mine during Iron Banner 2.0.

Icebreaker staggers enemies (this is very important), regenerates ammo, and shits all over all other snipers in terms of damage. it takes 3 shots with my praedyth's revenge what Icebreaker does in one, and then it also damages nearby enemies.

the only better weapon in the game is Gjallarhorn, but you save that for bosses and very important enemies, unlike the Icebreaker.

It's mandatory everyone has one, and mandatory you upgrade it.
I'm not so sure Icebreaker has a really better DPS than other snipers: its high recoil makes it so it's less effective than snipers with less impact but with a great stability. I find that Icebreaker excels at OHKO ennemies, but other snipers have better DPS against bosses.
Then again I agree with you that everyone should have one, and upgrade it this week. With its main perk being unlocked from the start, there is absolutely no reason not to.

Ambitious

speaking of VoC, any vault of glass runs going on soon? I wanna try my luck for that gun again. hated having to run mythoclast towards the end of the raid because my fatebringer was losing DPS

I'd join a HM run. I could need some shards, and I'd like to have the raid helmet.

LiK

you don't have VoC? thought you did. we should do Hard so I can try getting Fatebringer.

kidko

I wouldn't recommend it if only because black wax idols are a currency now.

Good point, although I usually came out ahead after a long sesh.

Can't do it now tho, gotta run off to work. It's on tonight

What trick?

Well, not much a trick but you just run sword of crota on heroic and wipe out the first little room with yellow-health acolytes then jump off to kill yourself, rinse repeat. You respawn right in front of them and do it again.

Top Bottom