• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Hmm, half tempted to buy the new Voidfang Vestments from Xur since they're categorically better than my "old" VV, and I dunno if/when Xur is going to offer the upgrade.

realcZk

Ice breaker upgrade ... I'll take it!

Hoping to get the new HoS14 from the helmet engram, or obsidian mind for warlock. Won't be upgrading my trashfangs, the warlock raid chest is a must-have for me.

Hmm, half tempted to buy the new Voidfang Vestments from Xur since they're categorically better than my "old" VV, and I dunno if/when Xur is going to offer the upgrade.
I bought em and already owned a fully upgraded old one.

The New one unpugraded gives the equal amount of light as a fully upgraded old but the New one has more armor from the srart.

Anyway. Later you can shard your old one and use the exotic shard it gives you to tack on the new one at the end so you don't need to buy an ecotic shard or spend 7k glimmer

spyder_ur

I'm excited for the new raid but I'm not stepping in there until I'm 31. Hopefully by the end of next week I can go in and join you all

Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about it. I felt I held up fine as a 30, although there were some tasks I wasn't quite up to. Didn't feel like a liability or anything though; wasn't dying that often.

Tawpgun

That really is dumb as fuck. What were they thinking?

It is disappointing the STR/INT/DISC stats don't matter more. They truly are more or less useless.

It would have been cool to see builds with the titan revolving around strength and melee and or a warlock DISC build that shits grenades.

But one reasoning is if those stats matter too much, if classes and builds were very differentiated the community would eventually find the most efficient and most OP build.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about it. I felt I held up fine as a 30, although there were some tasks I wasn't quite up to. Didn't feel like a liability or anything though; wasn't dying that often.
Yeah the first two parts are easy. Very doable at 30. I would at least do those to try to get some armor drops and build up shards.

So can I hit 31 without an exotic Helmet? I have the new vanguard boots and gauntlets. If I grab the upgraded for armirmenterium and then buy the vanguard helmet will I get to 31?

I'd really like to get the new Armamentarium, I can throw my old VOG helmet on and still be a 31, but then Glasshouse goes in the Vault.

I dont feel right about throwing it to the side so soon. But Arma is so dominant.

Rubenov

How crazy is it that most of us who bough stuff to upgrade or need to upgrade, then XP it out, roughly need 75,000 Glimmer to fully level up all out gear/weapons...
I'm talking average here

Should have raised Glimmer Cap to at least 100,000 Glimmer just to alleviate this stupid cock-block for no reason

Crazy that I maxed all 3 character to 31, that took roughly 20,000 Glimmer to do...
Down to 5,000 Glimmer, have to max, buy 3 pieces for upgrade, then max again to buy 2 pieces, then xp all the exotic out, JESUS!

I got so many bounties to do afterwards, FML!

Treat it as if it's your job and mission in life :p

So, I pulll double shifts all weekend. Today is my only day to play destiny. I need to earn 28000 glimmer to upgrade my exotics. Any recommendations on where to farm glimmer?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Treat it as if it's your job and mission in life :p
It's ironic. You need 3 characters to reduce the grind by getting more chances at gear/coins, but you also need to grind 3 characters to do so.
Just to double check, this will get me to 31..

Exotic helm - 36
Gauntlets from the quest - 33
Vanguard chest - 33
Old raid boots - 30
Yes. You will have 132, and you need 131 to get to 31.

So, I pulll double shifts all weekend. Today is my only day to play destiny. I need to earn 28000 glimmer to upgrade my exotics. Any recommendations on where to farm glimmer?
The first Mars mission that's been posted a couple of pages back. Set it to heroic and just farm the majors.

k1t4j

Crota is DEAD! Thanks a lot to Bitsurugi, Dhruv_Hanom, Kartik21, RagMan899, and ima_hustla_19!

ynQkKuu.jpg

First congratz

Second, I want it too :S

ocean

Banned
So can I hit 31 without an exotic Helmet? I have the new vanguard boots and gauntlets. If I grab the upgraded for armirmenterium and then buy the vanguard helmet will I get to 31?

If your current helmet is maxed +30 Light (Vault of Glass) the Armamentarium alone will be enough to let you hit level 31 once it's maxed (along with your new Boots and Gauntlets).

Level 31 requires 132 Light. You'll have 36 from Armamentarium, and your new boots and gauntlets max at 33 each. You'll need 30 more Light - reachable with new vendor helmets or with the Vault of Glass one.

k1t4j

Just to double check, this will get me to 31, correct?

Exotic helm - 36
Vanguard chest - 33
Old raid boots - 30

It will yes because a 36 item makes up for the 30

Technically you need

Exotic helm - 33
Vanguard chest - 33
Old raid boots - 33

I got 3 exotic helmet engrams and got lucky, got Saint-14 for titan and the new DLC hunter helmet that looks like a spiders face. Both these helmets with 36 light just pushed both my titan and hunter to level 30+ even though they both still have light 27 legendary boots lol.

I swapped the ice breaker for the new one but everything else can wait for now.

GhaleonEB

I was really curious about the Aris quest that had me getting that Urn for Xur, right until the follow up quest appeared. Fusion rifle kills only?

Ditched the quest, went to do the daily and was reminded level 28 missions were discarded. I'm rapidly losing interest in the game. :\

Wallach

Man Black Hammer is ridiculous in PvE. With how easy it often is to score crits on bosses you can just rail on them without even reloading or spending ammo. It hits like a truck too and you can get Perfect Stability to make chaining easier.

realcZk

It's funny how an "upgrade" really isn't a true upgrade, its just a trade-in. It doesn't preserve your statistic values at all. I'm losing 12 int on my sun breakers by "upgrading" them.

I was really curious about the Aris quest that had me getting that Urn for Xur, right until the follow up quest appeared. Fusion rifle kills only?

Ditched the quest, went to do the daily and was reminded level 28 missions were discarded. I'm rapidly losing interest in the game. :\

Wake the hive with Murmur, leave shards on the ground until there is 25 then go pick them all up.

Ghazi

Just as I thought, Xur doesn't actually "upgrade" your exotic. They stock him with the item with specific stats and you "buy" it from him. They must've been so limited, if that was the best way they could do it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Wake the hive with Murmur, leave shards on the ground until there is 25 then go pick them all up.

You might have to go back to orbit and do it again. There weren't enough for me, surprisingly.

edit: Ahhhh, nevermind, they stay on the ground through death.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just as I thought, Xur doesn't actually "upgrade" your exotic. They stock him with the item with specific stats and you "buy" it from him. They must've been so limited, if that was the best way they could do it.
Yeah, it's dumb. You're losing stats to get to better Light.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Icebreaker really doesn't need to be upgraded... there's no point in the raid where it's useful, and I don't think there's level 31+ enemies anywhere else, right?

WipedOut

Bought 3 engrams from Xur

1. Mask of the Third Man - Intellect 114
2. Light Beyond Nemesis - Strength - 87 (meh)
3. Helm of Inmost Light - Strength - 100

Bought Achlyophage Symobiote, now I just need to wait for Xur to offer the upgrade the the Knucklehead and sell the arachnid to complete my Hunter Helms.

Need to upgrade Suros, Last Word, Thunderlord and the Sunbreakers.

R0ckman

That xur quest just gave me freaking gloves. WTF is this mess? Not worth the effort at all. How do you get the weapon that upgrades to an exotic? I see the items that the new bendor sells so its not like she took them out.

Deku Tree

Icebreaker really doesn't need to be upgraded... there's no point in the raid where it's useful, and I don't think there's level 31+ enemies anywhere else, right?

What? IB is my go to weapon for the final part of the raid. The only better weapon is Gjallahorn IMO. Nothing like doing massive damage to you foes with one shot.

Top Bottom