• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

LETS DEFEAT CROTA ONCE AND FOR ALL!

I would like to put together a group to help defeat Crota.

Sometime tomorrow, if you have defeated him and are willing to help that would be amazing! Truths, Gjhallerhorns and Icebreakers a must. Level 31s would be great too!

Experience on Knight duty and Sword Experience would be great too!

Saturday at 7:00pm EST?

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man - Level 31 Titan

Maledict

Does the double bounties trick still work? I.e. Be online when the new bounties appear, do them, then log out and log back in to do them again?

Just trying to work out how to hit level 31 as absolutely soon as possible for the raid...

Namikaze1

Thanks to Xur and Vanguard packages, all three of my Guardians are set for 31. My Titan is already 31 (well 30 now due to the exotic gauntlets) and the others have dark below/upgraded equipment.

Managed to kill Urzok during the Warsat public event. Too bad this happened while I was still doing the Acolyte/Wizard part of the quest >.<

He did show up again, but this time when it was the Fallen vs Hive event. Couldn't put a dent on him (considering I was the only person focused on him while two other people were dealing with the majors and shit). Oh well, maybe next time

I probably should have focused on buying the upgrade exotics before spending glimmer on upgrading my new armor pieces, but since I got lots of currency and shit, being low on glimmer won't be a problem. Helium filaments on the other hand....must every piece of armor require that fucking thing?!

k1t4j

Sometime tomorrow, if you have defeated him and are willing to help that would be amazing! Truths, Gjhallerhorns and Icebreakers a must. Level 31s would be great too!

I am in if want me PSN:Kitaj84 - Level 31 Hunter

Would it be possible to start earlier?

I have knight and
shield stripping experience.
Hopefully should be 31 by then

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I finally got the bounty for pocket infinity. I can either choose that, bad juju, or super good advice.

If you still have room 30 warlock and hunter

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Does the double bounties trick still work? I.e. Be online when the new bounties appear, do them, then log out and log back in to do them again?

Just trying to work out how to hit level 31 as absolutely soon as possible for the raid...

I think so but I haven't done it. Just keep running strikes! :p

Thanks to Xur and Vanguard packages, all three of my Guardians are set for 31. My Titan is already 31 (well 30 now due to the exotic gauntlets) and the others have dark below/upgraded equipment.

Same here! Wooo!

My Titan is 31, Warlock has all the armour he needs and Hunter has all the armour she needs. Started leveling them but it will take some time and grind.

Should have them all at 31 in a week.

BTW, thanks to AdamKoy for holding it down at the nightfall boss while my Internet took a crap for 10-15 minutes at 2am this morning. I was so upset I didn't think it was going to happen. To go along with wiping to the boss at the previous attempt when she had <5% health but we pulled it together and got her immediately after!

Coconut

Banned
I played to level 23 when the game came out and am coming back now that the DLC is out. I hit level 25 last night!

Question though! Is being a close-range shotgun-focused hunter a viable idea, and if so what's the best build for it? I've been enjoying using my Blade Dancer class's abilities that increase speed and sliding, as well as invisibility to wreck fools with the shot gun in crucible.

It is for PvP but not for PvE especially in the Weekly Nightfall blackout is essentially a one hit melee kill from enemies.

Wallach

I checked last night and it didn't work, so I guess they fixed it at some point.

I have so many weapons I need to level up, blargh.

Got a new Titan helmet from an engram. Honestly I'm going to miss the VoG Raid Helmet.

I want this so much. I already bought 3 exotic engrams and got 1 helmet for each of my classes, one of them being a Dark Below one, Obsidian Mind for my Warlock.

I feel my luck with run out tho and I will get one of the helmets I already upgraded. I rolled the 3 engrams before buying the upgraded ones and doing my upgrades to make sure too.

Deku Tree

I just got the Devil you don't with Zen Moment and Final round and explosive rounds... That five mag though.. Could use Field Scout.

Rubenov

Given that RNGesus didn't bless me with a Vission of Confluence after dozens of normal and hard raid clears accross three characters, has anyone tried the new legendary primaries for sale? Any of these worth getting? Have some Crucible/Vanguard marks to spend.

Namikaze1

I definitely recommend Titan players buy Ruin Wings. Heavy ammo has been dropping left and right. Every time I pick one up, it gives me 3 rockets for Gjallarhorn.

2. k1t4j - PSN: Kitaj84 - Level 31 Hunter
3. LollipoPReapeR - Details?
4. death4romabove22 - PSN:??? - Level 30 Hunter and Warlock

Any experienced sword users that have defeated Crota would be amazing!

GobFather

Is the "secrect handshake" a good shotgun? Started playing PVP today after the DLC and saw a lot of them around. Thanks in advance.

Namikaze1

Got this from a rare engram:
B4qlXK2IYAEDt4B.jpg:orig

Also, here it is for you, LiK. The fugly Dark Below helmet for Hunters, the Arachnid:

103 motes, HoS14/Glasshouse is mine.

Wow, that's some great luck. I bought five of the engrams and only got Skullfort for my Titan, plus four other helms I for other classes (shared).

Would have loved to get Saint 14 or Glasshouse over this. But that's the luck of the draw.

Did buy a couple of ruin wings though, upgraded icebreaker, thorn and armamentarium. Also bought four more shards as I think I'm gonna need them!

I definitely recommend Titan players buy Ruin Wings. Heavy ammo has been dropping left and right. Every time I pick one up, it gives me 3 rockets for Gjallarhorn.

This sounds amazing for folks with Ghorn and TLord.

I'll definitely pick them up today, thanks for the impressions :)

gdt

I don't think it's worth it for me to upgrade Red Death (it ain't all that) or Last Word (mostly a pvp weapon). But I'll upgrade the armentarium and Sunbreakers. Don't have Icebreaker or Suros :(.

And Ruin Wings bought fuck yeah.

come on man... its good to be optimistic... don't do me like that!

You ready for tonight?

I will need some warmups, maybe the weekly or something.

I will also need a ton of salty snacks and some blood pressure medication. I'm going to inject salt into my veins. TONS OF IT.

What are your thoughts on what Xur is selling? I definitely will upgrade IB. I think I'll also roll a few exotic helm engrams because it looks like the hard raid is the only one that will drop the helm (not confirmed but I haven't heard anyone get the raid helm yet). The Symbiote helm is also mine if I don't get one from a helm engram. Outside of that, I'll wait til tomorrow on anything else.

spyder_ur

I just got the Devil you don't with Zen Moment and Final round and explosive rounds... That five mag though.. Could use Field Scout.

5 rounds - yeesh. Too bad as I'm interested in a legendary handcannon for when I want to use my exotic elsewhere.

Did you clear Crota last night? I'm Spyder_ur, by the way. It was fun and progress was being made, but I was worn out.

j-wood

So has bungie said why in the fuck we can't replay the first story mission from the dark below? That effectively means we only got 2 with this "expansion".

Top Bottom