• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

LordofPwn

So... is there a way to speed up getting Eris leveled up?

Also gonna hit the fields after work today and reel in the glimmer harvest before Xur leaves.

Still can't believe I finally got hawkmoon last night, and from crucible of all places.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wow, Warlocks really got the shaft today. The upgraded Sunbreakers have a horrific stat roll. +87 Strength @ 36 Light would be a low stat roll even on the older Sunbreakers.

Compare that to the upgraded No Backup Plans which max now at +111 Strength, that is a huge difference.

Warlocks already too OP apparently. Wish we could spend a coin or something to reroll stats.

EL CUCO

Speaking as a level 30 (not sure if being a higher level matters on a 300 attack weapon), I'm very impressed at how VoC and Fatebringer are holding up against level 32 mobs. Glad they didn't die like most of us thought they would :)

Do the reXurbished exotics level up faster than fresh bought or found ones?
No, it does not appear that way. I unloaded 7 bounties this morning to my upgraded No Backup Plans gauntlets and the progress is the same. I've only unlocked two of the skill trees.

matmanx1

Boo! No more Plan C! (At least not for a while anyway)

I'll say it again: My most wanted Xur item at this point is the Helm of Saint-14 (although Glasshouse looks very useful also). Xur tomorrow is either going to be very expensive (if he has the right exotics to buy and swap for new versions) or a huge bust. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. =)

And guess what Xur has today? No Saint-14! =( But then I decided to gamble on some helm engrams and guess what i got on my first one? A Helm of Saint-14!!! YES!!! Second engram decrypted into the Third Man Mask so I just broke that one down for an extra exotic shard. Still, I am a happy man!

I also upgraded Thorn. I got the old Thorn literally days before the expansion and didn't bother using it because I knew the new exotics were coming. I am going to start working on the new one ASAP because it is such a cool weapon.

Hoping for all new gear from Xur tomorrow. I can already see the Voidfang Vestments/Armamentarium trolljob coming though.

Hahahaha! Good call!

Rubenov

speaking of VoC, any vault of glass runs going on soon? I wanna try my luck for that gun again. hated having to run mythoclast towards the end of the raid because my fatebringer was losing DPS

you don't have VoC? thought you did. we should do Hard so I can try getting Fatebringer.

I'll be down with running hard VoC with you guys. I also need both fatebringer and VoC, the only two weapons I didn't get from the raid.

Edit: Won't be home till this afternoon EST time though.

It's badly written: it works with points.
You win 25 points when defeating a titan or a hunter, and 75 for a warlock. Don't ask me why. ^^
Goes by quite fast, did mine during Iron Banner 2.0.

I'm not so sure Icebreaker has a really better DPS than other snipers: its high recoil makes it so it's less effective than snipers with less impact but with a great stability. I find that Icebreaker excels at OHKO ennemies, but other snipers have better DPS against bosses.
Then again I agree with you that everyone should have one, and upgrade it this week. With its main perk being unlocked from the start, there is absolutely no reason not to.

you do lose out on some DPS individually, but priority targets are slowed down due to the stagger, and you're not running around for ammo.

praedyth's can technically do more DPS until it's empty. personally, i found needing to grab ammo inconvenient when being in a specific position was so important.

Loaded Destiny up for the first time in months tonight and finally finished the "story" with a friend. So much has changed, no idea what to do anymore. Left about 1 month after release at Level 24, think at the time I was very slowly working on Vanguard rep. Can't even remember what to do with/how to get strange coins and motes of light anymore lol sigh.

Anyone know of a good and up to date post 20 gearing guide? Google turns up a number of guides but which one is currently accurate I don't have a clue.

Guess my first goal will be to gear up a few more levels and try out VoG. Currently sitting on 0 legendaries.

EDIT: Should have checked op.

Jinjo

Ruin Wings + Thunderlord = love

Upgraded my Armamentarium today too even though I wasn't planning to. If I pump XP in that and glimmer in my gloves then I can get to level 31. Not gonna happen before tonight's raid though.

Definitely gonna focus on my Titan for the time being.

LiK

VoC is pretty great for new raid. Even unmaxed, I was still killing the Hive normal guys way faster than maxed prepatch Suros.

Jinjo

Loaded Destiny up for the first time in months tonight and finally finished the "story" with a friend. So much has changed, no idea what to do anymore. Left about 1 month after release at Level 24, think at the time I was very slowly working on Vanguard rep. Can't even remember what to do with/how to get strange coins and motes of light anymore lol sigh.

Anyone know of a good and up to date post 20 gearing guide? Google turns up a number of guides but which one is currently accurate I don't have a clue.

Guess my first goal will be to gear up a few more levels and try out VoG. Currently sitting on 0 legendaries.

Check the OP for Hawkian's awesome guides on endgame Destiny life.

ocean

Banned
Guys what's the best Primary for Crota's End? I've got 300/300 Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence. Fatebringer is amazing at blowing up groups of Thralls but once enemies are 32 and there's more Knights than Thralls I feel it's not doing enough. Maybe because I'm still only 30 though.

Any of the new Vanguard or Crucible weapons at 331 you'd suggest? I also have Suros and Thorn (not enough glimmer to upgrade them) - would these be Raid viable with Murmur and a 300 attack Hezen Vengeance / Swarm / Corrective Measure? Exotic Primaries are such a huge trade off...

So now that it's Xurday, is it confirmed that it is cheaper overall to buy a new exotic rather than upgrade an existing one?

i.e. should I go ahead and buy a replacement Voidfang Vestments or wait for Xur to have the upgrade available?

commish

Ruin Wings + Thunderlord = love

Upgraded my Armamentarium today too even though I wasn't planning to. If I pump XP in that and glimmer in my gloves then I can get to level 31. Not gonna happen before tonight's raid though.

Definitely gonna focus on my Titan for the time being.

I really want the Ruin Wings but my only raid drop on my Titan is the arms. Bah.

Deku Tree

Wow, Warlocks really got the shaft today. The upgraded Sunbreakers have a horrific stat roll. +87 Strength @ 36 Light would be a low stat roll even on the older Sunbreakers.

Compare that to the upgraded No Backup Plans which max now at +111 Strength, that is a huge difference.

Plus voidfang again. Bungie is trolling warlocks.

k1t4j

Guys is it not an amazing feeling when you somehow 1 shot people with the Hawkmoon in crucible?

I assume you get 1-2 luck bullets all rolled into one :D

Happened last night twice, and I giggled like a little girl tbh

EL CUCO

Guys what's the best Primary for Crota's End? I've got 300/300 Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence. Fatebringer is amazing at blowing up groups of Thralls but once enemies are 32 and there's more Knights than Thralls I feel it's not doing enough. Maybe because I'm still only 30 though.

Any of the new Vanguard or Crucible weapons at 331 you'd suggest? I also have Suros and Thorn (not enough glimmer to upgrade them) - would these be Raid viable with Murmur and a 300 attack Hezen Vengeance / Swarm / Corrective Measure? Exotic Primaries are such a huge trade off...

I use Fatebringer up until Crota. Then I switch to VoC for its range. Both are great weapons.

Rubenov

Guys is it not an amazing feeling when you somehow 1 shot people with the Hawkmoon in crucible?

I assume you get 1-2 luck bullets all rolled into one :D

Happened last night twice, and I giggled like a little girl tbh

Yes.

Before I had the Hawkmoon, being one-shotted by one was one of those "WTF just happened" moments for me.

Jinjo

So now that it's Xurday, is it confirmed that it is cheaper overall to buy a new exotic rather than upgrade an existing one?

i.e. should I go ahead and buy a replacement Voidfang Vestments or wait for Xur to have the upgrade available?

If you have it maxed yes. Shard the old one for exotic shard. You get one instead of spending one, so that can go to the new one. Making the net cost of buying an exotic 6 coins. When upgrading it's the equivalent of 7 coins (one shard) + glimmer. And in the end you gotta buy another shard to max it. Which you don't have to if you buy a new exotic and just shard the old one.

Wallach

Speaking of VoC, I finally got one last night. First time any primary has dropped from VoG for me somehow. Will probably still level it up until I get a CE primary later.

Namikaze1

Motherfucker! I just bought my Hunter Vanguard boots only to get the same fucking one from leveling up my Vanguard rank on my Titan. Fuck!

realcZk

Has anyone seen a helm from crota's end yet? Can we expect its only hard mode? I should shoot for exotic helm on all my chars if so.

Upgraded my ice breaker, rebought my titan chest piece (can't be bothered to wait a week to upgrade my current one, broke that down for a shard) and found the green eyed hunter helmet from a legendary engram.

Good enough for me for now.

I skipped upgrading my thorn because I don't really use it in PvE so the extra damage isn't missed, and I have other weapons for iron banner.

Jito

Banned
It's 10,000 points. I've done 3 matches and already have about 4,000. It isn't too bad. Even easier if you're in a group because assists count in your points

It's badly written: it works with points.
You win 25 points when defeating a titan or a hunter, and 75 for a warlock. Don't ask me why. ^^
Goes by quite fast, did mine during Iron Banner 2.0.

Ah just another bounty description written by some with a poor grasp of the English language, why are the bounties and missions so damn vague at times? How hard is it to explain what I'm meant to do without making me think I have to kill 10000 guardians.

I played to level 23 when the game came out and am coming back now that the DLC is out. I hit level 25 last night!

Question though! Is being a close-range shotgun-focused hunter a viable idea, and if so what's the best build for it? I've been enjoying using my Blade Dancer class's abilities that increase speed and sliding, as well as invisibility to wreck fools with the shot gun in crucible.

commish

Speaking of VoC, I finally got one last night. First time any primary has dropped from VoG for me somehow. Will probably still level it up until I get a CE primary later.

It's still a beast on nightfalls with solar burn.

I feel like I trolled by Xur. Guess I'm just gonna farm for glimmers and try to upgrade IB and Suros. MAYBE sunbreakers... or... buy a voidfang.

Wallach

It's still a beast on nightfalls with solar burn.

Yeah, that's the other thing; since it is the only primary VoG ever gave me it's the only one I have with an element.

Man, if I can get a Gjallarhorn or Dragon's Breath to go alongside Vision of Confluence and Black Hammer, Solar Burn is going to be a massacre.

Should I buy the Symbiote helmet for my Hunter? I prefer to use Bladedancer but my Gunslinger is also almost maxed. I'm level 27 with no exotics and 20 strange coins.

Top Bottom