• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Namikaze1

works for me.
image.php

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow. I have to say after seeing all of the bans on the first page, it probably wouldn't be wise to make that the OT title.

I know it would be all in fun, but I can help feel that it would be a bit of rubbing it in people's faces and may not be the "bigger person" type of thing to do.
That's a fair point. I don't know what to call it then, but you can choose.

It absolutely would be rubbing it in people's faces, and not just a bit. I would personally love it if everyone was banned, in the wake of what I'm sure was perceived as an injustice against them, actually stopped for a second to consider that it isn't appropriate to respond to someone asking for information about playing a game with comments prompting them to feel shitty about buying it. The prospect of taking the high road is less the obviously correct one than usual, after having seen some of the abject shit said about people who enjoy this game. Rather literally just for enjoying a videogame.
They are happy that a segment of their player base is essentially a captive audience with Stockholm syndrome, yes.
But you're right nonetheless and I only need to be told once. So what are we calling this thing? Running out of time.
Plug is probably one of the best weapons in dlc1. The Crucible hand cannon is also pretty good if you can get some good rolls on it.
Played around a little before bed with it completely unupgraded, it's nasty as all hell.
I think with the holidays, everything has blown over and no-one has fully upgraded 1.0's laying around anymore anyway.
I do! They're still incredibly useful.

I'm buying the version 2.0 exotics, but only upgrading the ones that I REALLY use. If the next DLC is handled the same way, I'll just keep buying the new version and putting it in the vault. I won't actually put glimmer or mats into what isn't a top tier exotic until we hear how they are going to reward time invested.

Honestly, even though DeeJ said they would look into not trivializing time invested, I don't see them revisiting the discussion. I think with the holidays, everything has blown over and no-one has fully upgraded 1.0's laying around anymore anyway.

I've upgraded the 1.0's that I actually use, but Pocket Infinity and Invective will be sitting at 300 for the foreseable future because I don't really see a need to lose all of the perks and re-level them, when they're situational weapons at best for me.

I'm also holding off on putting an exotic shard into the Mythoclast until we get confirmation of whether or not is is upgradable.

Dear Xur,

You helped me put a good dent into my exotic collection today and I hope you continue to do so. Here is my wish list for the future!

Xur Upgrades

Weapons
-Invective
-Bad JuJu

Armour
-Light Beyond Nemesis - Warlock (Missed it when it was available)

Exotic Weapons - 21/24

3 Remaining
-Red Death
-Universal Remote
-The 4th Horseman (Likely will never be sold due to its PS exclusivity)

Exotic Armour - 19/27

8 Remaining

Hunter (3)
-ATS/8 Arachnid (Hunter Helmet)
-Lucky Raspberry (Hunter Chest)
-Radiant Dance Machines (Hunter Boots)

Titan (2)
-Helm of Saint 14 (Titan Helmet)
-The Glasshouse (Titan Helmet)

Warlock (3)
-Apotheosis Veil (Warlock Helmet)
-Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock Helmet)
-Sunbreakers (Warlock Gauntlets)

Thanks Xur!
Byron/Cosmos

PS - RNG pull your weight and help me out too.

Capped on vanguard marks on both my Titan and hunter now. Hmm, time for some crucible I guess. Miss my suros regime, only shit thing about having my two characters split across different platforms.

LordofPwn

was brought up last night/this morning. It is an old photo and not sure if it says builds (classes) or Guilds (factions) it's definitely not subclasses as the total on the side says 6

New weapon classes sounds interesting though if true.
Auto Rifle
Hand Cannon
Pulse Rifle
Scout Rifle
Fusion Rifle
Shotgun
Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Heavy Machine Gun
- New
- New

maybe:
Grenade/element launcher/thrower
sub machine guns?

Got the chest piece for my Warlock. So now after leveling it up, all I'm gonna need is either a CE helmet or chest piece and I'll have an exotic fill in for the missing counter piece. 32 is so close yet so far.

Just killed Crota with the 2 sword method. 55 seconds from window break to dead.

Shout out to the team (Kartik, Kenni, X-Frame, and Steroyd) and fellow swordsman Dhruv. Great job everybody, very fun!

Edit: I will upload vid now...

Edit2: We had 3 Lv32s and 3 Lv31s.

ElRenoRaven

That's a fair point. I don't know what to call it then, but you can choose.

It absolutely would be rubbing it in people's faces, and not just a bit. I would personally love it if everyone was banned, in the wake of what I'm sure was perceived as an injustice against them, actually stopped for a second to consider that it isn't appropriate to respond to someone asking for information about playing a game with comments prompting them to feel shitty about buying it. The prospect of taking the high road is less the obviously correct one than usual, after having seen some of the abject shit said about people who enjoy this game. Rather literally just for enjoying a videogame.

But you're right nonetheless and I only need to be told once. So what are we calling this thing? Running out of time.

Played around a little before bed with it completely unupgraded, it's nasty as all hell.

I do! They're still incredibly useful.

You know I have no problem with slinging shit right back in the title. It's so goddamn tiring to see every Destiny thread on the other side turn into lul sell it, lul get a refund, lul you're a beaten wife.

So you know what screw the high road.

So I just thought about this, if House of Wolves is to have

New Missions 3
New Strikes 1
New Raid 1
New Maps 4

I hate to tell you guys on Xbox, but odds are, you are only getting 3 new pvp maps. :(

DNAbro

New Missions 3
New Strikes 1
New Raid 1
New Maps 4

I hate to tell you guys on Xbox, but odds are, you are only getting 3 new pvp maps. :(

most of the content for House of Wolves was already leaked so we know that is true, but yeah I can see instead of an exclusive strike, we get an exclusive crucible map.

Just killed Crota with the 2 sword method. 55 seconds from window break to dead.

Shout out to the team (Kartik, Kenni, X-Frame, and Steroyd) and fellow swordsman Dhruv. Great job everybody, very fun!

Edit: I will upload vid now...

Edit2: We had 3 Lv32s and 3 Lv31s.

Destiny |OT14| got 99 problems, but Crota ain't one.

Bizazedo

Honestly, even though DeeJ said they would look into not trivializing time invested, I don't see them revisiting the discussion. I think with the holidays, everything has blown over and no-one has fully upgraded 1.0's laying around anymore anyway.

Ballerhorn forever. At least, given how other RL's look, you could probably get away with only upgrading Gjallahorn once every other DLC. So, so powerful :).

As for the exotics in general...anyone think they'll use different mats between expacs? We'll be able to stockpile exotic shards soon enough if not already (I'm sure already, actually).

Can't wait for the inevitable glimmer nerfs to Exclusion Zone and Gatekeepers.

So why is the Vex at 323?

Have they ever said it would be upgradeable?

It was patched in the exotic weapon patch no? Then nothing noted once the exotic upgrade method to 331 was announced?

most of the content for House of Wolves was already leaked so we know that is true, but yeah I can see instead of an exclusive strike, we get an exclusive crucible map.

If there's one thing I wish Bungie did is focus a lot more on PvE. Give us more content there, and some goddamn event for us players that don't really enjoy PvP. All these Iron Banners and now the Trials of Osiris are fun and all, but they are so out of my element, gimme Queen bounties or something too. We PvE players feel left out over here :(

Bizazedo

So why is the Vex at 323?

Have they ever said it would be upgradeable?

It was pumped in the exotic weapon patch no? Then nothing noted once the exotic upgrade method to 331 was announced?

Why does my For The People, with same apparent attributes as a Shingen-E, say it has 26 bullets....

....but when I play with it, it has a clip size of 34? Exactly (and suspiciously) the same as a Shingen-E?

They don't have enough people to think things through / check everything.

X-Frame

Not going to lie, the exotic Titan boots look awesome on my Titan with the God of War shader.

If only I could wear those and Ruin Wings. :)

phen0m24

Not going to lie, the exotic Titan boots look awesome on my Titan with the God of War shader.

If only I could wear those and Ruin Wings. :)

still trying to get over 55 seconds.

Something tells me Hoodbury is going to want you to dual wield swords next week.

:p

Ourobolus

Banned
Why does my For The People, with same apparent attributes as a Shingen-E, say it has 26 bullets....

....but when I play with it, it has a clip size of 34? Exactly (and suspiciously) the same as a Shingen-E?

Field Scout Perk? I have a machine gun that does something similar.

Yeah. So many issues like that throughout the game.

DNAbro

If there's one thing I wish Bungie did is focus a lot more on PvE. Give us more content there, and some goddamn event for us players that don't really enjoy PvP. All these Iron Banners and now the Trials of Osiris are fun and all, but they are so out of my element, gimme Queen bounties or something too. We PvE players feel left out over here :(

Honestly i want more PvP content. Not really maps but just more gametypes. Most of the gametypes are just a variation of deathmatch and I highly dislike that. I mean it's fun, but needs way more.

Honestly i want more PvP content. Not really maps but just more gametypes. Most of the gametypes are just a variation of deathmatch and I highly dislike that. I mean it's fun, but needs way more.

It would be nice for a large scale warfare type of game mode that has PvP exclusive subclasses for each class.

Also I hope from Comet on or at least in Destiny 2, all PvP content is locked to PvP only and PvE is PvE only etc.

I hate being locked out of content because I don't do PvP. Just make them exclusive and that's it. It will also help a lot to balance the game properly as they seem to balance with both with poor results.

LordofPwn

New Missions 3
New Strikes 1
New Raid 1
New Maps 4

From Database:
Black Shield: Firebase Thuria, Phobos
The Timekeeper: Meridian Bay, Mars
Thieves' Den: Ishtar Sink, Venus
Widow's Court: European Dead Zone, Earth

The Arena: Raid in the Reef
Traitors' Ketch: Strike on the Moon

Story missions:
Gone to Ground
The Terminus
Wolf Harvest

E92 M3

I am excited for Comet and House of Wolves, interested in seeing how Bungie takes our exotics feedback. It's why I am not leveling up everything yet - only weapons I use daily.

Top Bottom