• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Have we talked about this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._future_expansions_leaked_comet_vex_forge_of/

EP. 1: The Dark Below - Release Date: December 9, 2014

New Missions: 3
New Strikes: 2
New Public Events: 0
New patrols: 0
New Raids: 1
New PvP maps: 3
It is not written here, but thanks to other leaks we know will add new equipment exotic and legendary.

EP. 2: House of Wolves - Release Date: March 10, 2015

To the list of destinations included the ' Atoll (Reef). In fact, it seems that the ' Raid of this DLC will be right there!

New Strikes: 1
New maps PvP: 4
Also here is not written anything about the weapons / armor, but it is almost certain that it will be added other. Now comes the interesting part. As was revealed by an old leak, before the game, in the contract Activision-Bungie was due out of expansion "Comet" or expansion bigger than a normal DLC and provided for in a split time between a chapter of the saga and the other; and here it reappears, and it looks very full of content, almost the same as Destiny to its output:

COMET: Plague of Darkness * * - Release Date: September 2015

First, there appears to be a new destination, " Nave Hive "(Hive Ship) and certainly will be explored given the addition of a new Patrol.

New Missions: 12
New Strikes: 4
New Public Events: 1
New patrols: 1
New PvP maps: 6
And not only that, the expansion "Comet" goes beyond the addition of new activities, also including:

(To be confirmed)
New Subclasses: 3
New types of weapons: 2
Base Level: 30
The last item could mean that the exit of the level reached by the Comet XP gets up to 30 (and then 40 with the equip) or that the basic level of the missions will be 30, but it seems very possible the rise of the maximum level.

After the release of the expansion Comet we will see two more DLC, probably still in the early stages of development and where the contents are then to be taken even more with the pliers:

EP. 3: Vex * illegible *

New Strikes: 2
New Maps PvP: It is not clear, but most likely we will see some.

EP. 4: Forge of Gods

This expansion is probably still in the early days of its development and therefore do not know anything, except the name.

Jaeyden

Cryptarch just gave me a new Heart of Praxic Fire with 170 discipline. Holy shit. My other one only had 139 and I thought that was good.

Bizazedo

Ow, I have Hawkmoon. It's supergood in both PvP and PvE and definitely up there with the rest of the so called "S-tier" guns. It's just not "the best gun in the game *period*" as he is claiming.

Kind of contradictory if he's calling Hawkmoon the best gun in the game and at the same time calling for Gjallarhorns nerfs for PvE (and placing it in PvP s-tier is just dumb, wolfpack is just useless overkill there). Nerfing for PvE is a really dumb notion too. Weaponbalance is supposed to work heavily in your favour in PvE.

I guess my point is that he just has really weird ideas/opinions about the game.

"Nerfing gunslingers", please.

Yeah. Despite Hawkmoon being an amazing HC, the reserve ammo is so low I don't like it for PvE. For PvP? Sweet jebus. But for PvE, meh....

As for Gunslinger....if every map didn't have boxes / shit strewn about the hallways and ruining sightlines, it would be unbelievably powerful. As it is, you can't set up easily a lot of the time.....

I guess, in short, I guess I'm saying map design helps keep Gunslinger in check.

zewone

Ow, I have Hawkmoon. It's supergood in both PvP and PvE and definitely up there with the rest of the so called "S-tier" guns. It's just not "the best gun in the game *period*" as he is claiming.

Kind of contradictory if he's calling Hawkmoon the best gun in the game and at the same time calling for Gjallarhorns nerfs for PvE (and placing it in PvP s-tier is just dumb, wolfpack is just useless overkill there). Nerfing for PvE is a really dumb notion too. Weaponbalance is supposed to work heavily in your favour in PvE.

I guess my point is that he just has really weird ideas/opinions about the game.

"Nerfing gunslingers", please.
Yeah, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I would never equip a Horn (or really, any exotic heavy) in PvP.

People asking for PvE nerfs are the worst.

Namikaze1

Anyone has a Crota checkpoint? Just need to kill him with my Warlock since I solo'ed the Cave of Endless Thralls and the Bridge of No Return.

R0ckman

Wow. I have to say after seeing all of the bans on the first page, it probably wouldn't be wise to make that the OT title.

I know it would be all in fun, but I can help feel that it would be a bit of rubbing it in people's faces and may not be the "bigger person" type of thing to do.

Huh, why did people get banned for actually giving reason on why they think its bad?

Jaeyden

You sure? That seems ridiculously high. Never heard of such a good roll before.

Base 158 - max 170. Was gonna level this Starfire but fuck that I gotta get this baby up there. I could get 11 grenades during radiance with 243 disc and 243 int build. This should get me to 12 at least, can't wait to try it out.

Deku Tree

Base 158 - max 170. Was gonna level this Starfire but fuck that I gotta get this baby up there. I could get 11 grenades during radiance with 243 disc and 243 int build. This should get me to 12 at least, can't wait to try it out.
That's crazy. I wonder what the max roll is...you must be close to it.

But is that all that they are good for? the lamps are easy anyway...

Seems like they'd come in handy for just about all PvE situations, especially when getting swarmed by low level enemies with lightswitch. I see myself using these a lot. Might be a bit jarring for people who melee you in PvP too.

Have we talked about this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._future_expansions_leaked_comet_vex_forge_of/

COMET: Plague of Darkness * * - Release Date: September 2015

First, there appears to be a new destination, " Nave Hive "(Hive Ship) and certainly will be explored given the addition of a new Patrol.

New Missions: 12
New Strikes: 4
New Public Events: 1
New patrols: 1
New PvP maps: 6
And not only that, the expansion "Comet" goes beyond the addition of new activities, also including:

(To be confirmed)
New Subclasses: 3
New types of weapons: 2
Base Level: 30
The last item could mean that the exit of the level reached by the Comet XP gets up to 30 (and then 40 with the equip) or that the basic level of the missions will be 30, but it seems very possible the rise of the maximum level.

This sounds good, real good. I wonder what the price tag would be? 50% more Subclasses and 25% patrols should make it about 35-40% the price of the full game, or about $20 - $25. With the DLC being $20 individually, is there any chance the Comet could be $22.50?

Karl2177

Comet: Plague of ???
September, 2015.

B6UkdDBCEAI2cjy.jpg:large
99% confidence that is old/fake. Sorry.
legendary engram from daily, psyched about this thing. that stability is... out of control. 8)

Plug is probably one of the best weapons in dlc1. The Crucible hand cannon is also pretty good if you can get some good rolls on it.

Because that wasn't what the OP asked for.

Exactly, the OP ask for genuine help, with tips and such. All the haters came in having to preach on why it's a terrible game and to return it. He wasn't asking for people's opinion on the game.

Destiny threads are just a magnet for hate.

15108135.jpg

Deku Tree

Seems like they'd come in handy for just about all PvE situations, especially when getting swarmed by low level enemies with lightswitch. I see myself using these a lot. Might be a bit jarring for people who melee you in PvP too.

The gloves also have Inverse Shadow which gives you your super 3 times as fast during PvE content.

I'm thinking about using these if I get the Hunter raid helmet.

Ok I bought them. You convinced me. Now I have merely 135 strange coins left. Bought Dragons breath, starfire, and don't touch me. Upgraded pocket infinity and apoth veil. Now no 1.0 exotics left.

This is going to get really annoying I'd they use the same system for house of wolves and beyond. Too much to upgrade, too much grinding.

chaances are I still wont have gjallahorn by the time comet rolls around,

and huge thanks to drizzay, dhruv and the rest of the crew for getting me my first ever crota kill.

never loved a group of guys so much in my life.

wipes tear,

seriously though thank you guys so much.

chaances are I still wont have gjallahorn by the time comet rolls around,

and huge thanks to drizzay, dhruv and the rest of the crew for getting me my first ever crota kill.

never loved a group of guys so much in my life.

wipes tear,

seriously though thank you guys so much.

Were you guys able to get the 2 swords?

Wow. I have to say after seeing all of the bans on the first page, it probably wouldn't be wise to make that the OT title.

I know it would be all in fun, but I can help feel that it would be a bit of rubbing it in people's faces and may not be the "bigger person" type of thing to do.
That's a valid point, I won't argue that. The previous Destiny OT took the piss out of us Destiny players, though. Most thought it was all in good fun, but it did rub a couple posters the wrong way. I tend to favor the OT titles that are funny, fun, and provide some good commentary on the state of the game, even if it can be a little harsh.

ElRenoRaven

Oh hell yea. Last 24 hours has been good to me. Got Crota finally beaten. Got Eris up to rank 4 and with Xur today picked up 3 Dragons breaths. lol

Now all I need is to get the raid gloves and then I can hit 32.

Ok I bought them. You convinced me. Now I have merely 135 strange coins left. Bought Dragons breath, starfire, and don't touch me. Upgraded pocket infinity and apoth veil. Now no 1.0 exotics left.

This is going to get really annoying I'd they use the same system for house of wolves and beyond. Too much to upgrade, too much grinding.

I'm buying the version 2.0 exotics, but only upgrading the ones that I REALLY use. If the next DLC is handled the same way, I'll just keep buying the new version and putting it in the vault. I won't actually put glimmer or mats into what isn't a top tier exotic until we hear how they are going to reward time invested.

Honestly, even though DeeJ said they would look into not trivializing time invested, I don't see them revisiting the discussion. I think with the holidays, everything has blown over and no-one has fully upgraded 1.0's laying around anymore anyway.

phen0m24

I'm buying the version 2.0 exotics, but only upgrading the ones that I REALLY use. If the next DLC is handled the same way, I'll just keep buying the new version and putting it in the vault. I won't actually put glimmer or mats into what isn't a top tier exotic until we hear how they are going to reward time invested.

Honestly, even though DeeJ said they would look into not trivializing time invested, I don't see them revisiting the discussion. I think with the holidays, everything has blown over and no-one has fully upgraded 1.0's laying around anymore.

So is it bad that I have an upgraded but unleveled Gjallarhorn sitting in the vault waiting for the 362 upgrade program? :p

After spending hours yesterday leveling Hawkmoon, and then today getting Super Good Advice, and thinking about leveling it, Voidfang, potentially Starfire and Don't Touch Me too... Crap, Pocket Infinity too. My head hurts.

Gosh how much Earth Patrol can I handle? Ugh.

I played COD last night. Will likely start Dragon Age soon. Burning out.

Deku Tree

Honestly, even though DeeJ said they would look into not trivializing time invested, I don't see them revisiting the discussion. I think with the holidays, everything has blown over and no-one has fully upgraded 1.0's laying around anymore anyway.

Oh yeah I forgot to say that I dismantled a few pieces of 1.0 exotic armor that I wasnt using. I destroyed all my titan 1.0 exotics when I destroyed my titan too. Got a lot of exotic shards out of it though.

Top Bottom