• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

phen0m24

The Divide is my go to. I'll make sure to do other bounties while I'm hanging out there. The Public Event there is pretty consistent, and lots of Blades of Crota spawn (got my husk there last night), and the easiest VIP mission ever pops there.
I just love earth patrols. Sad thing is, I never go toward the Mothyards. And forgotten shores is totally apropos. Too.. Far.. Away.

I used both the Ember Caves and the Divide, but got bored of both. There are typically more people fighting over the captains on Venus, and the Divide gets kind of crowded as well with everyone walker stalking. I just go hide out in the back there, take out the vandals, take out the sword guys, play headshot tag with the Hive and am usually done pretty quickly.

Really wish there was a "Fallen" room like the Hive Room. That's my default for nearly everything hive related.

Deku Tree

Oh I also got 100+25 Eris rep for the last step of the urn quest which only involved takinf to xur and then talking to Eris. Now 801 rep away from rank 4.

I just love earth patrols. Sad thing is, I never go toward the Mothyards. And forgotten shores is totally apropos. Too.. Far.. Away.

I used both the Ember Caves and the Divide, but got bored of both. There are typically more people fighting over the captains on Venus, and the Divide gets kind of crowded as well with everyone walker stalking. I just go hide out in the back there, take out the vandals, take out the sword guys, play headshot tag with the Hive and am usually done pretty quickly.

Really wish there was a "Fallen" room like the Hive Room. That's my default for nearly everything hive related.

My favorite was one day a while back when I had something like Collect Venus Mites, Venus Patrols, Vex Ultras and Majors, and a handful of non specific things like 100 headshots. I destroyed so many Vex in the Citadel area and had a blast doing it. I wish they would lay off the moon and mars bounties for a bit.

Is it possible to get 6 strange coins before xur leaves if I've already done the weekly strike? I know I get a chance at one for first public event of each day but that's only a possible two coins. I've only done the weekly at 24 but that's cause I'm 27 and even at 24 this strike is painful enough. Any other methods I'm not aware of?

Namikaze1

Wow. I have to say after seeing all of the bans on the first page, it probably wouldn't be wise to make that the OT title.

I know it would be all in fun, but I can help feel that it would be a bit of rubbing it in people's faces and may not be the "bigger person" type of thing to do.
Exactly how I'm feeling. C'mon, DestinyGAF, be the bigger person.

void666

Banned
That feeling of being lucky and unlucky at the same time.
My last exotic drops:

- Mida
- 4th Horseman x2
- Universal remote
- Truth (old one)

Is it possible to get 6 strange coins before xur leaves if I've already done the weekly strike? I know I get a chance at one for first public event of each day but that's only a possible two coins. I've only done the weekly at 24 but that's cause I'm 27 and even at 24 this strike is painful enough. Any other methods I'm not aware of?

Strikes --> blue engrams --> possible coins

panda-zebra

Get some levelled friends to take you through the weekly at the highest level and go enjoy the ROC strike playlist to earn blue engrams.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

So you did the Weekly heroic @24, which netted you 3 coins
If you do 30, you will get 6 more
Just need 2 people to carry you... I would come but relaxing fro a bit, but if you can wait till later on, my 31 Hunter needs it and can help carry ya to Victoloy!

I like to run the 24/26 strike playlist. You always get two engrams (which have a chance to turn into coins) for completing it and you should get another two or so from drops during it. I normally get a couple of coins this way, but it is completely reliant on RNG.

zewone

I completely agree with you. His opinion often times is so off the mark. Gjallarhorn S-tier in PvP? Come on man. He rides the Hawkmoon a little to hard too. His stance on cheesing comes off as a little bit elitist too. Actually, in general he does. I'm sure he is a nice guy and all, but I think he could portray himself a lot better tbh.

Beats me man. You checked the PvP list? That one is even more ridiculous.
Have you used Hawkmoon in PvP? It's very good. Depending on your play style, I could see the argument for it being the best in PvP. My opinion of the top 3 guns to use in PvP are:

1. The Last Word
2. Hawkmoon
3. Thorn

Edit: Sorry, it seems I may have misread your comment and thought you had an issue with Hawkmoon being S-tier.

I have pretty much no destiny friends on PS4 at the moment. Only just got it, been playing Xbox 1 as that's where my friends where so it was the first console I got. I didn't want to ask for a carry because imo this particular strike is a pain in the ass but if you are willing then that would be awesome.

Bizazedo

Have you used Hawkmoon in PvP? It's very good. Depending on your play style, I could see the argument for it being the best in PvP. My opinion of the top 3 guns to use in PvP are:

1. The Last Word
2. Hawkmoon
3. Thorn

I haven't leveled Last Word yet (so lazy), but agreed pretty much. Hawkmoon and Thorn are crazy in PvP. Hawkmoon especially.

Hoodbury

Guess i should do more of these in missions. We should have a list of which ones are best for each bounty.
That'd be useful info for the OP as I have no idea which missions are which. I'd also like Exotic bounties listed out in the OP as well, I can never remember which are for each weapon and always have to go look at some wiki or something to find out.

For people wondering how good Don't Touch Me is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duLrXmWM_nE

You can practically solo lamps by just walking lamp to lamp without firing a bullet or melee.

I need this now! The lights legit is my weakest part of the raid. I always seem to lag behind somehow and get killed when everyone is too far ahead to revive me. May make flawless a possibility if I can find a way to stay alive during the deathsinger phase.

So, I'm thinking of taking up Xur on his Starfire Protocol sale, and get rid of my pre-Dark Below Light Beyond Nemesis. The new FWC helmets have a higher light rating than my Light Beyond Nemesis anyway. Anything obvious I am missing with this change?

Level 29 voidwalker.

The moment you realise you have to farm glimmer, to upgrade your Achlyophage Symbiote, for an extra +12 discipline. This game.

Thanks again for soloing the first part of Crota for me
on Vita!
Brilliant stuff.

Gonna try and do it again today with the Titan. But I'm pretty sure it will be way harder than it was with the hunter.

I face the same dilemma with my Symbiote. But I'm not gonna do the whole thing for +12 DIS tho.

Deku Tree

Why is Xur already repeating shit to upgrade when he hasn't even gone through all the exotics out there. I hate this crap. This system is crazy stupid.

Don't mind me, I'm a little frustrated that I'm no closer to 32 since I've gotten my Titan glvoes 3 times and am still waiting on a chest or helmet. :(

Jinjo

1. The Last Word
2. Hawkmoon
3. Thorn

Edit: Sorry, it seems I may have misread your comment and thought you had an issue with Hawkmoon being S-tier.

Ow, I have Hawkmoon. It's supergood in both PvP and PvE and definitely up there with the rest of the so called "S-tier" guns. It's just not "the best gun in the game *period*" as he is claiming.

Kind of contradictory if he's calling Hawkmoon the best gun in the game and at the same time calling for Gjallarhorns nerfs for PvE (and placing it in PvP s-tier is just dumb, wolfpack is just useless overkill there). Nerfing for PvE is a really dumb notion too. Weaponbalance is supposed to work heavily in your favour in PvE.

I guess my point is that he just has really weird ideas/opinions about the game.

"Nerfing gunslingers", please.

Top Bottom